Clustering RvR

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Hey guys.

Had a login poll a week or aso ago and one of the option was to keep NF as it is but cluster it on all servers. Was told Eu players had the same one. I think that's a really good idea and would probably go back to Dyvet if that was the case as I'm extremely disappointed in the RvR on the US servers.

What do you think the chances are of it actually happening? And would you go back if they did cluster RvR?

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I would say the chances are slim to non existant, as GoA have multi language servers which has been the sticking point on re clustering Dyvet with another cluster. I doubt GoA would be allowed to even if it was possible under their current licence either.

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
i would it's right the first time you can get hope that a clustering with germans for instance could happen.

GoA wouldn't have made this poll if they wouldn't have been allowed to by Mythic.

And just coz GoA said earlier "that's at the moment that technically impossible" doesn't mean it is impossible forever.

[edit] just read the friday news: seem like ppl like the idea about more clustering, gogogo then :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
if it happend i'd actually return to daoc :p maybe dust off my dyvet toons.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Hasnt there always been issues with keeps, like climb points being bugged and so on between the language servers? Also, didnt GOA already state that is couldnt be done because of how the servers report names/locs/NPCs/Mobs to the clients differently.

IMO not gonna happen in our lifetimes.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Of course it's never going to happen, why would they need to run a poll to discover the obvious anyways.

Probably just another decieving trick to keep the hopes up for those still clinging on to this game.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i dont really care either way as it wont affect my area of the game wich is the pve part.

but as stated above me, it wont happen and i'm not sure it would do any good. just look at how the classic clustering went.

as theres 3 different languages on the servers here in EU and all the text files are server side only it just wouldn't be doable here. well it would be doable, but i think it would do more harm then good.

resubbed for a month a couple of days ago and i never realized just how much i missed this game.

currently trying to take my ill equipped sub 50 darkness BD through the dragon quests but its starting to become impossible now with having to kill all the 4 named puppet dragons and get inside the dragonsworn village in malmo :(

probably wont stick around much longer because of it unless someone is nice enough to help but it was great to get back and see what changed. even if its only for a few weeks.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
If it was possible or even an option I am sure that Roaken would have mentioned it on here. Seeing as he hasn't posted since last year, I'm guessing that Dyvet has now truly and finally been given up on.

aika

Part of the furniture
If it was possible or even an option I am sure that Roaken would have mentioned it on here. Seeing as he hasn't posted since last year, I'm guessing that Dyvet has now truly and finally been given up on.

that sucks :(

played on US and DE servers.. but I always keep coming back to Prydwen.. miss my chars too much I guess.

Pihls PW Guildmaster

Loyal Freddie
Roaken was active today ingame soo he probly not given up ;)

However if its a "clustering plan of servers over the language barriers soo to speak they "planning of clustering the european servers to a one server.

The tecnho part wouldnt be so hard for GOA hm I hope Mythics help them out on sec thought

Well if it was the case they clustered them togheter I know some people would come back maybe even I after seen my lovly old house still standing.

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Roaken was active today ingame soo he probly not given up ;)

However if its a "clustering plan of servers over the language barriers soo to speak they "planning of clustering the european servers to a one server.

The tecnho part wouldnt be so hard for GOA hm I hope Mythics help them out on sec thought

Well if it was the case they clustered them togheter I know some people would come back maybe even I after seen my lovly old house still standing.

I pm'd him to ask if I could get a character raised to GM in a dead guild (for tower claiming) and took the opportunity to ask about clustering.

I think his auto reply kicked in and said "we have no plans to cluster any other servers due to language and technical issues".

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
I had hoped GOA would realise the profit in offering free migration to players and reopening the account for like 5 days since that would get alot of the old players back. However I'd like a clustering of the RvR zones bettter if it would be possible to keep playing in English cause I never really liked playing in german. But I'm not really an expert on server tech. so I'll take your word for it and pass it off as anothing wishful thought leading to dissapointment.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I had hoped GOA would realise the profit in offering free migration to players and reopening the account for like 5 days since that would get alot of the old players back.

i doubt it. mostly because most ppl that actually LEFT the game did so for other reasons then the current stat of the game. and those thet just switched servers wont come back anyway because they dont have a reason to.

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
I was thinking more like being able to transfer from the english servers to the german ones. I don't know how it is there but if the leveling groups are as few as in the late english servers then powerleveling is the only way and I'd say that if people could bring their rr5+ fully geared character and buffbot over there and just RvR alot of people would start.
I'm pretty sure i would pay for a month to play my merc or minstrel atleast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom