Clustering ?? Can some 1 pls tell me how it will work

Omegah

Fledgling Freddie
can some 1 explain to me ( simply ) :p how clustering works / what effect it will have / does it only effect rvr or will pyr / exc become 1 server like people tell me ?? thanks!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
When the servers are clustered it means they share some of the same zones and that players from both servers can play with each other, when Excalibur and Prydwen have clustered frontier it means there are only 1 frontier ,where mid/pryd and mid/exca fight vs hib/exc hib/pryd etc... A clustered zone meaning it is only 1 of that zone for both servers. The pros with this is ofc a more active RvR with more enemies and allies around. This does not only affect rvr, clustering will allow people travelling between the two servers, which means that you can chose between the Prydwen ToA zones if you like or the Excalibur ToA zones. So Excalibur people can visit the Prydwen ToA zone and Prydwen people can visit Excalibur ToA zones.

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken :)

Taken from the Webbie :

So, what would happen if your server was joined with another ? First, population in the frontier zones would be approximately doubled, thereby multiplying the encounters and the major operations like relic or keep raids. The battlegrounds, Darkness Falls, the Passage of Conflict and the Summoner's Hall are of course part of the affected zones.

You would see the same thing in the capital cities where you would also see a new NPC who would allow players to move from one server to another. You could, for instance, visit and buy merchandise from the consignment merchants of the joined server, complete an artifact encounter you cannot find on the Atlantean soil of your home server or even participate in a Master Level step with a guild of the server that is joined to yours. After that, you would just have to come back to this new NPC and return to your server to rejoin your friends and your guild.

You have thus understood, the capital cities and the frontiers would be shared and all players from both servers will meet there. Nevertheless, the clustering of your server with another would give you access to all the zones of this other server by moving from one to the other thanks to the aforementioned NPC.

However, you must not lose sight of :
- the server clustering is final and irreversible.

- when you enter the RvR zone or any zone on the other server, the name of your initial server will be added to the name of your character if a character on the other server has the same name (for instance Scott from Prydwen or Scott from Excalibur).

- you won't be able to take a character or guild name that already exists on the other server, even if it is on your account.

- if a player has never played on one of the two servers, he will be able to create characters on both servers, but only on the same realm ! This point is particularly important for the English servers since, if they are clustered, those who don't already have characters in two different realms will only have access to a single realm (on English servers and with the exception of Camlann) even if they change their server.

For example : If you have a new account or only have characters on one server, your choice of realm will be set for both servers. If you currently play Midgard/Prydwen and you have no Excalibur characters, you will only be able to create characters on Midgard/Excalibur for instance.

- players who already have characters on different realms on both servers will still be able to play them but there will be a one hour timer to move from one to the other. So if you play Midgard/Prydwen and Hibernia/Excalibur for instance, you will have to wait one hour after logging your Prydwen characters out before you will be able to join your friends on Hibernia/Excalibur

Omegah

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Thanks alot m8 ^^, i suck when it comes to these things :m00: so will we allso be able to talk with them ect ? im guessing so

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
yes you will

just see it as one server with the exception that there will be 2 intances of each zone (NF, BGs and capital cities excluded). Only thing that won't be possible is to join a guild from another server (say you are alb excal means you cannot join an alb pryd guild). Also guilds cannot join alliances of another server.
But apart from that it's basically like 1 server - you can communicate, trade, group, etc with the peers from the other server.

Exarkun

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
they aren't combining housing and toa?

nope
merging housing would be fun, lots of ppl with the same houselot :) TOTAL Chaos !!

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
they aren't combining housing and toa?
Yeh i saw something about being able to join ML raids on pryd and buying stuff.Ofc tho VF it won`t be as good as back in the 'good old days' :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Castus said:
Yeh i saw something about being able to join ML raids on pryd and buying stuff.Ofc tho VF it won`t be as good as back in the 'good old days' :p

i only meant stealther fights ;) mayhaps stop being a retard, im sure theres people ingame to practise your cowardish leech and run tactics on

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Exarkun said:
nope
merging housing would be fun, lots of ppl with the same houselot :) TOTAL Chaos !!

there was a bug in US where ppl on a cluster sharing a housenumber could have wierd forms of access to another's vault, so lots of items like...disappeared and reappeared on the other owner =))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom