Clustering - 1 hour delay on realm switch

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
Guys 'n gals,

sorry if this has already been brought up anywhere else, but am I the only one who thinks the 1 hour loginblock rule to switch realms when clustering comes is downright annoying and serves no purpose at all ? The main argument seems to be 'to avoid crossrealming' but if I want to be a total prick and go spread info to an opposing realm in case of let's say an incoming relic raid, there's lots of other means to do that without logging in the game, be there msn, irc, phone and so on... Maybe a poll to ditch this silly rule would be in order ?

I for one would like to be able to go exp/solo RvR on hib and then immediately log on alb to RvR when my buddies need me there asap, not like an hour later.

Discuss plz...

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Been discussed already but I agree. I do think a timer is needed but it should be closer to 15-20minutes than 1 hour.

Imagine logging on wrongly to a character on hib when you meant to log on Alb. Time to log on Wow for 1 hour then I guess.. :( Gee fun!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
keeps the honest people honest -

if you can just swap over we'll see far more "OMG I'LL LOG MY MAIN ON ALB AND COME KILL STEAL YOUR ARTIFACTS!!! LOGMAINBD!!!"
or whatever.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
A timer between switching realms is needed, period.

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Aye - i believe a timer between realm switch is needed, to like Flim said "keeps the honest people honest".
A 15-20 min timer is to low, example a keep siege ofen takes longer than 15-20 min. and if you could switch betwen the realms you could possible 'ride both horses' which wouldnt be fair.

Just be glad that Mystic atleast listened to their customors and lowered the timer from 8 hours to 1 hour. 8 hours was just a tad to long imo.

I just wonder if we here in europe have to live with the 8 hour timer for starters - or we get the 1 hour from the beginning. The 1 hour timer wasnt introduced until a later patch, but how though can it be the change from 8 hours to 1 hour?
(might have been asked/answered elsewhere, but i havent noticed it).

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Feyd said:
I just wonder if we here in europe have to live with the 8 hour timer for starters - or we get the 1 hour from the beginning. The 1 hour timer wasnt introduced until a later patch, but how though can it be the change from 8 hours to 1 hour?
(might have been asked/answered elsewhere, but i havent noticed it).

I believe the 1 hour was listed when we had the clustering poll.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Yes its 1 hour here from start.

If there wasnt any timer, or it was very low, people could first check f.ex where people seem to be exping artifacts in the old realm, then log other realm and wtfpwn the expers etc. Or they could log a /level20 in a tower they want to take, man the oil and never use it and such silly things. They could also farm their own bb for rp's even easier then they will be able to now (oh and btw for anyone that plans to farm their own bb/botacc etc: you are patethic :) ).

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
LordjOX said:
A timer between switching realms is needed, period.

That's some mighty strong argumentation...

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

if you can just swap over we'll see far more "OMG I'LL LOG MY MAIN ON ALB AND COME KILL STEAL YOUR ARTIFACTS!!! LOGMAINBD!!!"
or whatever.

Eurm, last time I checked TOA zones are not shared over REALMS, so how would that work ? (before I get a flame, I said realms, not servers).

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Count yourself lucky - its alot more on the US clusters.

although i think there considering changing it :)

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
Fana said:
Yes its 1 hour here from start.

If there wasnt any timer, or it was very low, people could first check f.ex where people seem to be exping artifacts in the old realm, then log other realm and wtfpwn the expers etc. Or they could log a /level20 in a tower they want to take, man the oil and never use it and such silly things. They could also farm their own bb for rp's even easier then they will be able to now (oh and btw for anyone that plans to farm their own bb/botacc etc: you are patethic :) ).

1) You can farm your BB just as easily as its on another account anyhow
2) Farming a BB for RPs is not that efficient due to 'RvR sickness'
3) Farming the same char over and over will be detected/reported

Also, a second or third account also circumvent your first statements, so I still fail to see it...
And if you're going to check for arti expers, they will still be there an hour later probably.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Nerve said:
Eurm, last time I checked TOA zones are not shared over REALMS, so how would that work ? (before I get a flame, I said realms, not servers).

Like this:

I am playing Hib/Pryd. Some Alb annoys me in rvr (I dunno grey killing whatever). They then go to camp GoV, I log on my main on Alb/Excal and get all me mates to come steal it when it pops.

(Obviously an extreme example but possible without 1 hour timer, also possible after 1 hour but less likely as most reasonable people calm down in an hour :))

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
Thats a very extreme example indeed, as in, how would you know they're off camping GoV when you're in Hib/Pryd...

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Nerve said:
Thats a very extreme example indeed, as in, how would you know they're off camping GoV when you're in Hib/Pryd...

Less extreme examples are the kinds of abusive PMs you might get from being able to switch quickly.

(Oh and IRC ask guildie to /who etc. NOt that I use IRC but plenty others do)

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
If those PMs are ingame you can report em... You'd be a really silly twat to come slag off a realmmember for killing you while you were in an opposing realm, no ? It's kind of the aim of the game :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Nerve said:
If those PMs are ingame you can report em... You'd be a really silly twat to come slag off a realmmember for killing you while you were in an opposing realm, no ? It's kind of the aim of the game :D

ever played camlann? :) people do exactly that on being pmed (that's what the LOGMAINBD! was from - didn't mean to imply they'd log their BD and go camp your artifacts heh :))

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:

or whatever.

what?

arent u a GMer ? :eek7:
u do know u cant kill steal an artifact from a different realm right? since its pve servers not pvp or am i reading what ur saying wrong. if im not :( hehe

Tilda

Its needed to stop people who die in RvR, swapping realms to yell at who killed them.
Ofc, theres nothing to stop them after an hour doing this, but it gives them some time to calm down.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Darksword said:
what?

arent u a GMer ? :eek7:
u do know u cant kill steal an artifact from a different realm right? since its pve servers not pvp or am i reading what ur saying wrong. if im not :( hehe

Better example (without the somewhat confusing logmainbd - can't really do that in albion after all - maybe logmainsorc or something.)

You kill BigBadTroll-Prydwen (a mid), he logs in SadLittleLevel5Rogue-Excalibur (an alb) says "OMG I FOLLOW YOU AROUND FOR EVAH AND STEAL JOO ARTIFACT!"*

*Scientific fact - all angry just-killed people talk in caps with bad grammar/spelling - it's true.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
other advantage is that if you go "ooh albs getting farmed here. I'll just log to my hib and kill them all" you'll probably not be able to do so for an hour and the situation will probably have changed.

r0xx

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
"OMG I FOLLOW YOU AROUND FOR EVAH AND STEAL JOO ARTIFACT!"*

*Scientific fact - all angry just-killed people talk in caps with bad grammar/spelling - it's true.

i agree i know alot of people who have the man-power and the nerve to do this ;p

Ekydus

Fledgling Freddie
If somebody wants to cross-realm there is nothing that is going to stop them. A lot of people playing 2 realms probably have a second account anyway, which this isn't going to hurt. Personally I think a 1 hour cool down, although in comparison to US servers is a lot shorter, is too long for the English speaking servers here in Europe. Come clustering we get no chance to log to another server that speaks English (Except Camlann and not everyone wants to play a PvP server) while we wait for the cool down, whereas for the US players they can simply log onto their second unclustered server. I feel a cool down of maybe 30 minutes will be appropriate.
This isn't actually going to bother me at all as I am 99.9% of the time playing on Excalibur anyway, I do feel it is unfair for the people who like to log across at a moments notice for fun.

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
Tilda said:
Its needed to stop people who die in RvR, swapping realms to yell at who killed them.

If they take the game that seriously they need a headcheck, URGENT! And it's a sad thing if barriers have to be put in the way to prevent this kind of behaviour as if it's standard.

Btw, calling people names/annoying them is against the CoC, so report and ban :twak:

Gamah

Banned
I get frusted when someone zergs me, I would like to call a few people stuff, I hardly need a head check :Z|

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Nerve said:
If they take the game that seriously they need a headcheck, URGENT! And it's a sad thing if barriers have to be put in the way to prevent this kind of behaviour as if it's standard.

Btw, calling people names/annoying them is against the CoC, so report and ban :twak:

sad or not, if you ever played camlann you would know that this kind of shit happens all the time. "oh noes you killed me fair and square. logging 50 warlock to chain you now"

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Simple solution. (coding it might not be "as simple" however) :drink:

You can't log into NF on realm X within 1 hour of being in NF on realm Y.

i.e. if you out rvr'ing in alb and your mate phones you up and yells OMG MEIGHT, I R CAMPING GOV AND IT JUST POPPED COME PWONZ! you can log your hibbie account on and go shroomz spam Danos.
You can't look at a tower go ooh free RP's there, leap to your hib account and go farm arpees however.

Most of the complaints seem to be around people wanting to pve in a realm but switch to the other realm if they are needed in rvr, so let them do this.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
you will probbly find that the 1 hour situation is implemented to stop the following scenario.

Guild group from realm A is being pasted by the enemy so decide to instead of continuing fight they all log off and switch to there other realm alts that have the support of the winning side. ANd when that side starts loosing they switch again so that they are on the winning side.

The 1 hour cutoff will be anoying but it will stop certain people who dont like to loose from switching realms every 30 seconds to farm the most amount of realm points they can.

With me it might or might not effect me too much because ive got my shaman and my heretic on different accounts so i can get around not logging one in and logging in the other. The only thing will be is that ill be out of a bot for an hour or so. But o noes shaman and heretic without bot what shall i do :D

either way will have to see what happens with clustering first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom