Clubbing..the good and the bad!

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I think a lot of places have drunken violence these days.
There's a place in Boscombe (The Opera House), where if you don't get started on, spat on, or punched, then you're unique.
I assume every big town / city has a place or 5 like these... atleast it sounds like it from reading these boards :)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I spent most of my "clubbing" years isolated on the Isle of Man surrounded by incredibly cheesy nightclubs.

The Tardis - probably my favorite and hardly a "night club" more like the decor from the London Dungeons with decent alternative gothic type stuff ending in a full rendition sung by pissed up fraggles (Goths) of "Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep". Half decent Music / Nice people / decent opening hours / comedy sing song.

Paramount City - well this is where the majority of other people went. Cheesy 1970's / 80's dance going off upstairs (you know Abba / Billy Ocean :puke: ), cheesy 90's chart dance going off downstairs (Mr Vain / Sing Hallelujah :eek: )

Craig Mannin - Local club which I think was possibly like all other "local clubs" I have ever visited, face familiar you were ok, face unknown massive fight. Ex husband was a bouncer there and I worked behind the bar. It had an interesting "Western" atmosphere in that if anyone so much as looked at the wrong person at the wrong time all hell would break loose. Not just those concerned but the whole place would just deteriorate into a dustbowl of arms legs bottles and fists. Music was just plain cheese and quite tortuous at times / there was always a "slowey" for the last dance :rolleyes: usually something by meatloaf :eek:

One of the reasons I used to bugger off on the Ferry to Cream.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Fabric Friday's are the only real regular nights with a decent line-up...

Some other good places around, though not as consistent - The End, Movement @ Bar Rhumba (annoyingly on thursdays), The Coronet... all pretty decent.

Froggeh

Fledgling Freddie
I would have to call the Ice Factory in Perth my local, pretty good night out on a Saturday. Was voted best club in UK a while ago. 3 dancefloors spread out over several levels with cheese/funky house/r&b. Generally a friendly atmosphere as well; ive only ever seen one fight break out there and the bouncers are always quick on the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom