Clothes Scam?

Damini

Part of the furniture
I've just had something through my post asking me to put out clothes for collection, where they will be "worn again in the third world". Picking up on the ambigious wording, my scam sense start tingling. This was the bit that nudged it further "Also of GREAT help - Shoes in pairs, curtains, bedding, underwear, nightwear, perfume..."

Perfume?

Millions of starving orphans in Ethopia were smelling divine yesterday, thanks to helpful contributions from suburban housewives.

I'm feeling a bit pissed off. Is this old news? Its sickening if I'm right. The name "angel of help", the wording, everything is geared towards making it look charitable without being an outright lie.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
They distil the perfume to extract the alcohol from it, they can then use this to create some sort of bio-fuel for running generators etc. *

* could be a complete lie

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Take the bag, get Kenny to curl a large shit into it, leave bag outside.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I manage a factory that sorts clothes from bags such as the one mentioned and i can assure you that in our case the clothes do go to Africa and also to Eastern Europe.

What you should be looking for is on the ticket is a named charity and charity number,If they are not on the bag and it doesnt say the bag will be collected by a profit making organisation then its being collected by someone who isn't operating in a strictley legal manner.

If you think its a dodgy leaflet, look on the brightside, at least you got a free bin liner.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Maybe i should also mention that putting your unwanted but wearable clothes in a clothes bank will also get them to a reputable sorting center for redistribution.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I wonder if tramps use it as a laundry service. Surely the sorting depots clean the clothes, so a tramp picks up a new set of threads, throws his smelly old pimpin rags in the clothes bin and waits a week for them to come full circle!

Damini

Part of the furniture
JBP| said:
If you think its a dodgy leaflet, look on the brightside, at least you got a free bin liner.

They didn't even supply a bin liner :/ We're meant to supply our own. Double scam!

Chilly

Balls of steel
Damini said:
They didn't even supply a bin liner :/ We're meant to supply our own. Double scam!
You will find a heap of clothes outside your doorstep and your precious binliner gone :(

Damini

Part of the furniture
The bastards. Well, I've seen through their ruse now! Oh, sometimes I wish my cat still pooed indoors. I would put lots of little poos in a bag, wrapped in an old t-shirt, and I would attach a post-it note to each poo, telling them exactly why I've stuck post-it notes to cat poos.

Perhaps it's just as well my cat is no longer litter reliant.

I need a hobby.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
If you got stuff you don't want eBay it, or give it to a charity thats helps peeps in the UK. Just my tuppence etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom