Closing Threads and Forum Options

D

Damini

Just so everyone knows, you can close a thread that YOU start. You can also delete your OWN posts within a thread (though this does sometimes lead to the Space Time Continuum being disrupted, and people responding to no longer existing remarks).

You can't delete your post if it is the opening post, but if you started the thread you can lock it.

If there is a thread you really like, you also have the option of rating it. If enough people rate it, it gets given stars by the thread.

These boards do have swearing enabled, we're not going to nanny you. However, despite the fact that swearing is enabled, this doesn't mean that profuse or unnecessairy swearing is acceptable. If we stumble across a post that is overwhelmingly swear words, then be prepared for it to be moderated. The board is read by a vast range of age groups, and whilst we allow people to air their emotions we do expect you to be reasonable. We don't have the time or inclination to edit out every single swear word, but we do not have to tolerate outright rudeness because of this stance.

I hope this clears some issues up.

T

Teh Fonz!!1

As long as we're being helpful...

The search box at the bottom right of the screen allows people to type in words that have appeared in the forum before. This is a great tool allowing you to search for answers to questions you may have and are about to ask.

For example:

Have a link to an hilarious website? Type the link in the search box and see if any results show up, if they do then you'd better just laugh and continue searching for funny stuff. If no results show up then wow!! start a new thread and make us laugh.

It's great because you don't have to start new threads or risk people shouting 'old' at you.

So give it a go *today!*

A

Arnor

i had a thread i wanted to close a while ago, but for the life of me couldnt find the damn close button, where is it?

D

Damini

Bottom right hand of page. In a scroll menu there.

K

Keri

Originally posted by Damini
Just so everyone knows, you can close a thread that YOU start.

Umm .. apparently not. I tried to delete a thread I started, and was not allowed to. Why?

D

Damini

Erm, not delete a thread, but you should be able to close it. You can't delete the first post in a thread.

D

Damini

Lol, I see people have been flexing their rating skills.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Don't blame me... I gave it a negative rating. :p

I

inuyasha

hehe

Not THAT much of a thread is it :D
lets slaughter it! :flame:

T

Tranquil-

Hm, is there a time limit which you have to delete a post within for it to actually be deleted? I've tried to delete a posts I've made in a thread I didn't start and that didn't work. However, if I deleted a short time after it was made it worked.

D

Damini

Do you know, I have no idea. I didn't think anything like that existed, but I'll look into it.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Tranquil-
Hm, is there a time limit which you have to delete a post within for it to actually be deleted? I've tried to delete a posts I've made in a thread I didn't start and that didn't work. However, if I deleted a short time after it was made it worked.

I guess if there's anything like that it's "until someone else reads it" ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom