Client languages

A

Alrindel

Many of us from countries other than the UK have chosen to play on the english language servers for whatever reason (speak a fourth language but english is better than french or german, enjoy the community, etc.) The client once installed in any language will connect to any server with no apparent difficulties, so it is easy enough to do, and most of the game is server-side so even though things like crafting menus are in french or german, almost everything in the game is in english and that's fine. I have been playing mainly on Excalibur for several months now and have not bothered to change my client from french to english.

However, I am now hearing about more and more bugs that do occur when you use a client that is a different language from the server. I knew that R does not work for replying in chat, and that shift-D and shift-S (destroy object and quick sell respectively) have never worked properly for me. But yesterday Whandall, a guildmate nightshade, finally got his stealth to 25 and tried to climb a keep wall for the first time, and could not do it. We tried everything we could think of until he finally used RightNow and they replied (very fast - yay GOA :p ) that it was a bug linked to his using a german language client. This is the first important bug I have heard about, and who knows how many more there might be out there. So when I get home tonight I will be switching my client language to english and if you are currently using the french or german clients but mainly playing Prydwen or Excalibur, you might consider doing the same.

S

SFXman

Damn... I guess there are more problems between the french, german and english player populations than just language. Then again the french client IS meant for french servers... soooo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom