cleric spec

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
how needed is pure healers in RvR, i got an cleric that i'm lvling lvl 31 with full rej. the thing is i don't want to use the normal cleric spec, so could an cleric with 50 rej rest enh do well in RvR, prereqs it got capped power pool bonuses. and high serenity. i do know the pros with the 40 rej rest enh spec tho. you get good stat buffs and resist buffs.

alltho, i'm really after the best spreadheal. so give me your opinion plz.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, you probably can. There are enough buffbots to go around, and there is a huge lack of active rejuv clerics atm.

Personally, I play with 40 rejuv for the last rez, 30 smite because I like to smite, and 20 enhance for that little bit of emergency buffage. It's a weird spec and probably not recommended though. :p

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
It all depends on how u wanna play in rvr mate.

my cleric is 40 enchance and 36 rejuv get good buffs, got resits, buff shears which are good for assisting and the first lvl 30 spread heal, this spec also gives u teh yellow 75% instas.

the spec above is good for assisting the MA and i can also heal quite well with capped heal.

tbh if your gonna go Full rejuv u will need a Bot for buffs. but your heals will be leet if your 50 rejuv.

imo use the class calculator and see what comes out as the best spec that u wanna play with

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
im wondering, why do you want the last spread heal? you definitly dont wanna use it all the time, its a powerhog and you'll probably just overheal while using it, the first one is enough. the spec heals are what you wanna use most. You get some decent ones around 33. Shears are very important. Imo dont go higher than 40 rejuv, and i dont even recommend it beacause 36 enh/smite aint that good in rvr these days. 40+ enhance/rest rejuv is what i would say.

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
the way albs die fast, you're gonna need some enhance after picking em up :)

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
50 rejuv deffinately not worth it.

Agreed

Nowdays its not even 40 rej 36 enh, more along the lines of 44 enh, even better stat buffs and the fact you cant be sheared as most clerics prefer to buff themselves, almost like mobile buffbots....almost. I survive the same in a group with two buff specced clerics as appossed to two rejuve clerics when playing Shileag.

Its a shearing game now!

Either go for the 40 rej specc or the 44 enh specc though 50 rej really wont be worth it. :)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
My personal experience: It depends on what do you want to do with your cleric, and why do you want to play a cleric.

While from most heals, you can use the highest level version you have, you can have access to all 3 spreadheals at same time. Shear specc clerics are fotm, so you will probably have at least one in your group for buffing, and probably either of you will just do the bases, why would you need a fotm high enhance then. A decent ability you never use is worse than an ability you can use for your advantage once in a while, even if it doesn't look that decent / important. Being able to save your group at last minute quickly with high level rejuv spell is an ability you don't want to use too often, but when you need it it can save the day, and it is better than having a few extra buff spells on quickbar and doing base buffs anyway thanks to the mobile bb specced cleric in your group.

It is true if we speak about level 50 spec heal, last spreadheal, the 100% instas. You might ask where is the point in 100% instas with healing bonus? Why would you need the last spreaheals? Let me answer both questions: ML7 perfecter ability can benefit from 100% single insta (since the 2nd and 3rd target doesn't get 100%). If you can afford getting Moc, you can heal when other clerics can't. But with MoC a low level spreadheal isn't enough, yes you will use a LOT of power, but yet it can save the day.

It is up to you what do you want to do with your cleric, Mythic no once explained that a mixed specialization tends to be better than specializing in a single skill with only a few exceptions. You will be usefull in more scenarios, can be stronger (3 bolt wizards with mixed spec, etc). Yet having a level 50 skill can be a huge difference when you might need it. But most groups won't build much on level 50 skills, as most scenarios won't need them. It is true for clerics as well.

Being 50 rejuv costs you a lot, but when you know you just saved the grp / raid, etc. where most other clerics would be powerless that is a realy nice moment, and you might feel it worths having 50 rejuv. And a grp with an enhance cleric can benefit a lot from having a high rejuv cleric in grp :)

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
Bleh I spec my cleric 42enh and feel all exclusive for not having any 100% rezz. And now it's turning fotm. :<

Trunkz

Fledgling Freddie
40enhance 35/34 rejuv rest smite :) gives more util and aoe smite is nice for interupting

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
wow, thx for all the replies.

and thx ro your great reply aswell esselentia. it gave me great help.
at my current occasion i don't have any bb. but asd i know alot of ppl got bbs, ad there's probalny atleast 1 cleric with high enh in group. i don't want to be an bb i want to be an healer and an good one. i know rej spec is hard but i will get good with it.

and the first spreadheal can be usefull. but if the last spread is used at the right time, i might not have to use the instants. but i will experimaent some with teh specs and see wich one i like :)

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
you should go 40 rejuv, 36 enhance, imho, that's my current spec and I'm happy with it :), most of the time you use the first spread heal in RvR because the last drains your pow (if I'm right) and with that enhance, you have some nice buffage :) with 25% buff bonus you can cap with yellow buffs too :worthy: so imho go 40 rejuv 36 enhance :)

Starbuck

Fledgling Freddie
I've been thinking about this also.

Firstly I could not live without the fast lvl 41 Single heal...it heals hard and fast, I love it.

for the secondary spec I tried Smite again recently and did love the pbaoe mezz with yellow and the spec smite and dd to get me out of trouble.

For a more offensive cleric, I believe shearing is important and adds more value to the group than the smite line. You also get the benefit of being unshearable buffing yourself.

41rej/35enhance only gives you base shears however, so I'd say some clerics should go for spec shears to mix it up a little.

I've not looked at going higher in rej, but don't think its really needed.

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
Rhori said:
you should go 40 rejuv, 36 enhance, imho, that's my current spec and I'm happy with it :), most of the time you use the first spread heal in RvR because the last drains your pow (if I'm right) and with that enhance, you have some nice buffage :) with 25% buff bonus you can cap with yellow buffs too :worthy: so imho go 40 rejuv 36 enhance :)

yeah i know it's ann well used spec, the thing is i don't really like fotm specs tbh. . the idea i had to solve the power drainage is serenity 4 or even 5 and wild power+mcl. i'll play some with an RA calculator. but i should manage an high rej spec if i got good power recovey and as close to capped power bonus, shouldn't i?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom