Cleric spec

Kedoz

Fledgling Freddie
Whats the lvl 50 Fotm cleric spec? Thinking of actualy trying to lvl one... and im unsure what the best lvl 50 spec is. Was thinking 39R\37E but that leaves me with no dex/qui buff shear. Any input would be great :)

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
I'm 40 reju (100% rez = more rpts on rezzing)
35 Enh (yellow str/con, yellow acurity, yellow AF, blue dex/qui, blue life regain)
9 smite just for using rest of the points and gived a better dmg add (self)

hope this could help..

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
i'm specced 43rejuv 32enh 6smite
this gives me 100% single insta, and gives me a 396pt greater heal and a 549pt major heal, the spells cost shitloads but with a bit of toa and a nice heal crit you can 80% heal anything but a tank.

but if ur gonna lvl yourself i'd go smite :), just ask glamis or chilly they know what smite is all about.

odeaan miete 50 cleric

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
personally i'd go 11 enhance, 31 rejuv, 43 enhance i think (check daoc.catacombs for more info).

11 enhance: you get insta pbae mez, aoe dmg, insta doe dmg?.
31 rejuv: you get decent spec heals, first spreadheal (my favorite) and 75% single insta and 50% grp insta
43 enhance: you get all single shears and 1-2 aoe afaik? your buffs will probably cap with 25% buff items.

that is what im gonna do when i ever get my cleric to lvl 50

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
The real question, you have to ask yourself:

Do you want to give your group members 100% luxury rezz? Or do you want to them to have that yellow dex/qui they need on the field, instead of runnnig back to the BB after every death?

Depending on your answer to that question, you go either 40rej or 40enh - and build your spec from there.

Of course you could also go 30/35rej for minimal group utility and spec the rest in smite. You will need a BB for that type cleric...

Usosan

Fledgling Freddie
Specced my Cleric 41 rejuv 35 enhance and 3 smite (still get the insta pbaoe mezz which has saved me loads of times).

But as I also have a L50 bb stood around I don't need to buff except for emergencys after a rez... not that I generally let people die though :D

I've heard tales that groups need 2 clerics, one specced 40 enhance 36 rejuv and one the other way around, gives groups the best combination then.

Florance

Fledgling Freddie
My cleric has been 41 Rejuv, 35 Enh, rest smite for a long time now.
I strongly recommend this build.
The heal you get at 41 Rejuv has a very good Heal/cast Time and you also get the 39 spread heal + full rezz
With +25 buffs from toa you also have decent buffs.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Florance said:
My cleric has been 41 Rejuv, 35 Enh, rest smite for a long time now.
I strongly recommend this build.
The heal you get at 41 Rejuv has a very good Heal/cast Time and you also get the 39 spread heal + full rezz
With +25 buffs from toa you also have decent buffs.

plus in 1.71 (i think) the single target heal gets a 33% power cost reduction which was always the problem with it before. 41rej 35enh 3smite is the best spec you can go for imo. every cleric should have at least 40rej anyways for the 100%res ;)

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
the 100% single insta is good for healing a tank when he's almost dead much better than spending 30% of ur pwr on healing him

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Its nice to have a cleric with 40enhance in group for the spec dex buff after rez, shears and resist buffs: but its essential (IMHO at least) to have at least 1 cleric with 40+rejuv for the 100% rez.

41rej/35enh/3smite works fine for me, but theres plenty of other viable specs around, most of which are already listed here. Theres also a few rejuv/smite spec'd clerics around: but this only tends to work for those playing in a fixed group that know theyll be grouped with a cleric with decent enhance spec.

Kirennia: the changes in 1.71/1.72 arent exactly what you seem to be expecting. The power hungry (but otherwise wonderful) 41spec greater heal is given a lower casting speed while keeping the same power cost in 1.72. The change in 1.71 is to reduce the power cost of the major heal line - which isnt that power hungry to start with. Welcome changes just the same :)

Dionysus

Fledgling Freddie
The cutty cutter spec, most would argue, is 40 rej, 36 enhance. Like others have said it gives you the best rez which has the benefit of more Rp's and you dont have the then heal after, them wasting more power. Your spec buffs are not going to impress anyone when the grp starts out because buff bots will always out-shine you. However, once your out-there and ppl start to die and need rebuffs, it will be 'your' buffs they need and they should be at least half decent. You also get some nice buff shears (not that many use them)

Ariaddne 50 rej Cleric

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
when i started playing druid i also fancied the 100% rez. And yes, its nice. but is it really worth speccing that high for...? it helps casters get 20-30% more power...
it doesn't help tanks really (cept less rs). the lvl 39 spread heal is a waste, usualy you would burn 20-30% Of the value of it because its fitting to keep your grp at 90-100% all time so when some go on 70-50% it might heal them some, but rest is wasted.
the spec heals are nice tho, but not worth it at all.

with 43 enhance you can shear uberly... who cares about a chanter with no dex buffs nor acuity or how about doing 500-600 dmg on tanks+ taking off much of their dmg?
Shear is so overpowered and i dont understand why almost no clerics shear

when people care that much about dex cap, its fitting that you can provide their cap too (aka. capped dex buffs) which will happen when you have 43 enhance+25% buff items...

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
when i started playing druid i also fancied the 100% rez. And yes, its nice. but is it really worth speccing that high for...? it helps casters get 20-30% more power...
it doesn't help tanks really (cept less rs). the lvl 39 spread heal is a waste, usualy you would burn 20-30% Of the value of it because its fitting to keep your grp at 90-100% all time so when some go on 70-50% it might heal them some, but rest is wasted.

with 43 enhance you can shear uberly... who cares about a chanter with no dex buffs nor acuity or how about doing 500-600 dmg on tanks+ taking off much of their dmg?

when people care that much about dex cap, its fitting that you can provide their cap too (aka. capped dex buffs) which will happen when you have 43 enhance+25% buff items...
aye lol

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
it doesn't help tanks really (cept less rs).
ye its uber actually best res you can have dont go 41 rej tho because that heal is shit and i woudlnt recomand anyone to use it 43 heal is good but then you get a different spec all together
Huntingtons said:
the lvl 39 spread heal is a waste, usualy you would burn 20-30% Of the value of it because its fitting to keep your grp at 90-100% all time so when some go on 70-50% it might heal them some, but rest is wasted.
This is true and false imo, sometimes my heal dont heal that much 30 sh but im happy with it I've had both one factor is also I can now recive two ticks from power font = SH... 39 sh isnt a waste but can be expencive with a crap power template and bad usage of it someone slightly injured and you spam spreadheal you will not be able to heal alot with this spec.
Huntingtons said:
I got capped buffs with 40+10 +25%buffbonus (except pie and af ofc)
43enhance seems abit wasted to be honest rather put those points into rej like me :p (35r40e9s) but all up to you and if you gonna play in a set group best way is to figure out what both of the clerics gonna have for spec so you have atleast one with 39Sh and one with 30SH and yellow resist buffs = win

edit: oh and btw 30sh 600max 39 ~750max with 25%healbonus

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Z^^ said:

i was not comparing your spec with the 40/36, but the spec i recommended. Anyway, the spec i was refering to was actully the 44/31/4 spec... then you get some very nasty buffs, 3 aoe shears and, imo ;p, good heals. Also i only speak from druid experience. we got the interupt job too, unlike clerics who only have to heal/buff/shear (shears can ofc also interupt)

but that is the spec i recommend

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Huntingtons said:
i was not comparing your spec with the 40/36, but the spec i recommended. Anyway, the spec i was refering to was actully the 44/31/4 spec... then you get some very nasty buffs, 3 aoe shears and, imo ;p, good heals. Also i only speak from druid experience. we got the interupt job too, unlike clerics who only have to heal/buff/shear (shears can ofc also interupt)

but that is the spec i recommend
that's my BB's spec :p
heals will be decent when albs have the power relics.

my other cleric is 43r31e10s... Like them both.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Eggy is 41r 35e 3s, has been for a long time now after crawling the way from the evil depths of smite about 2 years ago.

Wouldn't change the spec, 40rejuv is just essential imo for the 100% res, and I use the 41 spec heal a lot twisted into smaller heal spammage.

Works a treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom