Cleric Spec

Calcus

Fledgling Freddie
My BB Glama has finally joined a guild and I was considering a respec to make him some use and playable in a group. The question is what is the ideal rejuve spec?

Calcus

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
there are a few ways to spec a cleric and they go as follow (according to myself ofc):

40 rejuv 36 enc

this is nice if you want 100% res (40 rejuv) and still have a decent fieldbuff ability such as blue spec dex (30 enc), you will only have 8% energy resist (blue) but that isnt really a problem since its only hib pbaoe damage that seems to be energy based and if your standing inside a pbaoe your gonna die anyways :)

(personal favourite spec) 36 rejuv 40 enc

this spec is nice because you got almost capped fieldbuffs with the yellow spec dex (40 enc) and a decent healing ability with the 36 rejuv, so the only real downside of this spec is not having 100% res ofc but you cant have it all :)

upcomming specs in patch 1.81

50 rejuv 20 smite

i have no real idea if this spec is actually gonna work but it could be quite tasty to have access to Grp Cure All (cure nearsight, cure posion and cure disease) and ofc 100% res, 100% insta heals and general better healing abilities, the major downside of this is naturally you wont have any resist buffs....you wont be able to fieldbuff (beside bases)

anyways thats my point of view atleast :)

napshots

Fledgling Freddie
42 ench / 33 reju

only thing u loose from reju line is yellow grp heal, dont use it much myself so i dont mind.. u gain aoe int shear, and u gain red int in feild buffs..

been 40 ench / 36 reju for some time, like it same stuff as ashy said..

hmm yes Dr spec, havent talked over with yunio yet donno if we gonna spec 1 42 /33 ench / reju and other 50 reju...

nap

Calcus

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone know if there will be free respecs with 1.81. Costly business respeccing so I dont want to have to do it too often.

Muldini

Loyal Freddie
Ashala said:
there are a few ways to spec a cleric and they go as follow (according to myself ofc):

40 rejuv 36 enc

this is nice if you want 100% res (40 rejuv) and still have a decent fieldbuff ability such as blue spec dex (30 enc), you will only have 8% energy resist (blue) but that isnt really a problem since its only hib pbaoe damage that seems to be energy based and if your standing inside a pbaoe your gonna die anyways :)

(personal favourite spec) 36 rejuv 40 enc

this spec is nice because you got almost capped fieldbuffs with the yellow spec dex (40 enc) and a decent healing ability with the 36 rejuv, so the only real downside of this spec is not having 100% res ofc but you cant have it all :)

upcomming specs in patch 1.81

50 rejuv 20 smite

i have no real idea if this spec is actually gonna work but it could be quite tasty to have access to Grp Cure All (cure nearsight, cure posion and cure disease) and ofc 100% res, 100% insta heals and general better healing abilities, the major downside of this is naturally you wont have any resist buffs....you wont be able to fieldbuff (beside bases)

anyways thats my point of view atleast :)

/agree

Another thing about the 50 reju spec is immunity tho, say if u cure NS for 2-3 ppl, then anotehr 2 get NSed, will u take away the immunity? Would be pretty useless then tbh.

Will see ;)

Im 40 enh, 36 reju and i like that spec since ages.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Ever since my cleric hit level 50 (which is absolutely aaaaaaaages ago now) i left her on the spec: 45 rejuv, 27 enhance, 11 smite (might be 12?)

Been tempted to take out my smite and put it in rejuv, but i'd really miss some the smite. Not that i actually get the chance to use any of it being main healer but lets say if you do solo once and a while you at least get the chance to kill something!

For over 3 years i play her now, i love the spec.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
I was 41 rej/35 enh for ages on my Cleric then I respecced recently to 41 enh/35 rej and really it makes such a difference. I get capped dex buff, yelllow heal proc, yellow resist buffs and all I lose is 100% rez and a group heal that I never used anyway.

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
I was 40rej until I hit 4L5 and could get PR1. Now I'm 40enh/36rej and it seems really solid.

Zede

Part of the furniture
have one cleric 40 rej 35 /36 enh, and one 40 enh 35/36 rejuv. If your not in a set grp, go 40 enh.

Your always gonna have deaths on any run, and having capped spec dex field buffs is very handy.

50 rejuv takes wayyyy to much power to cast stuff, still will interesting to see what DR holds for us.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Is it just me or do clerics use alot more power compared to other realms ?

Mid healer ?

Hib Druid ?

etc

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Haggus said:
Is it just me or do clerics use alot more power compared to other realms ?

Mid healer ?

Hib Druid ?

etc

Nope.
Atleast Druid and Cleric seems the same no idea about a Healer but I guess it's the same also.
Also according to the character builder all the healing spells have the same power cost.

Could also be that you have a different playing style with your Druid then with your Cleric (for instance) which might make it look to take more Power or have a template with less power % etc etc it can all add to thinking you use more power.

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
there are a few situations the grp/spread heal comes in handy that is in Keep defence and sieges. my rejuv cleric will be 43 rej/32 enh. the spread heal is an very good spell, but it takes alot of power.

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
that spec is if you got bb, otherwise i would suggest change rej for enh for castspeed.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
healers have conc-based pot so I guess it might seem like clerics use more power if you've not got pot from a sorc.

Best rejuv spec imo is 30 rejuv 44 smite :D

(however, needs a bot/buffs from others in group and shearers are annoying ... bloody shaman)

ok by "best" I mean most fun ;) not necessarily the most effective.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
After 5 million realm points of testing and using every rej/enh spec under the sun I'd say the best spec is;

42 enh, 33 rej

Ironically, clerics don't need that much in rejuv. 30 spec spread heal is more than sufficient for 2+ members taking damage, baseline group and single heal spam faster than a 12 year old on speed and use very little power. Rarely use the specline heals as they are power hungry.

Sheers are very important...AE int sheer is a nice addition with extra enhance. Being able to cap your casters' buffs in-field is also a saviour, and they'll thank you for it.

You lose out on a spec group insta compared with 40/35 of course, but hopefully you won't be relying on instas too much (especially once you're high RR with moc3, DI2 etc).

RAs are a different story altogether (which I'll go into if you want)... Just remember the golden cleric rule:

When waiting for a group/guildies to log on, visit your nearest Agramon crossing, jump around, wait for 3+ SBs to pop, pop BOF/Wargard and MoC, sheer them all and /hug.

Soloers love sheers :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
eggy said:
Rarely use the specline heals as they are power hungry.
gnhuh?
have you tried your Major heals since the patch that made them much much more efficient?

Slow casting mind you... greater heals are still power hogs but cast faster than you can blink.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
have you tried your Major heals since the patch that made them much much more efficient?

Yeh I have but it's not that simple;

If someone's got a warrior spamming their ass, you don't generally need to output the amount of heals a spec will dish out. ie, if somone's down to 80% health and falling, you're wasting a large portion of the power it takes to cast a major heal (as a lot of the HPs will be above 100%).

I use spec heals, I just try and be efficient with baseline heals as much as I can. I should have worded that better.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
that makes a bit more sense :) I was worried ;)

High rejuv can't be that bad mind you - Aadia keeps seriously gimped groups alive (e.g. with me in them) with only a green spec dex :)

field buffs are nice though.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I always thought baseline heals were the worst power per heal ratio.
The minor heal spells were okay, but when your trying to heal a Sorc being nuked by a SM etc i always loved my fast casting greater heals or Major heals when i get time to cast.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
50 smite and just keep clicking the 'train' button in case the trainer doesn't notice!

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
Yeh I have but it's not that simple;

If someone's got a warrior spamming their ass, you don't generally need to output the amount of heals a spec will dish out. ie, if somone's down to 80% health and falling, you're wasting a large portion of the power it takes to cast a major heal (as a lot of the HPs will be above 100%).

I use spec heals, I just try and be efficient with baseline heals as much as I can. I should have worded that better.

I only use 3(4) types of heals personally, Major ST heal, Greater ST heal and base group heal (spec group heal also sometimes).
The power differance between the base heal and the major heal is not alot and the major heal has the best power per heal ratio after the change (used to be the minor base heal).
And if someone is damaged a bit a base groupheal does the job as good as a ST base heal and base heals get affected by spec so if you have low Rej your base heals will have loads of variance in them which further decreases their power per heal ratio.

Personally I find it a bit useless to use the base heals as if someone gets like 5% damage you don't need to heal him and you are better off spending your time shearing/stunning/rebuffing but if he takes big spikes of damage (assist train etc) then a baseheal won't cut it and it is too slow and not alot of heal and a Greater heal is the only one that will do in this situation.

Spreadheals, never really liked those.
If you are in a small group they heal for less and if you are in a FG normally only 1 or 2 people take damage at a time in which case Major/Greater heal > Spreadheal by far (faster to cast and more healing for the same amount of power).
Spreadheal is only good (imo) for some things like if alot of people take damage (4-5+ people) or if your group is diseased and you got no time to cure disease or if you are in an area with hardly any LoS (keeps/towers/bridges etc) other than that I avoid the spreadheals like a plague as it's much too slow and heals not as much as the greater heal.
Only really use them in an open field when I am lazy though :)

But I guess everyone got his/her own playing style and adjusted his/her RA's to it so all playing styles can work which is the nice part although I hate (understatement of the year) to group with a spreadspammer as 2nd Cleric though :)
Like some people who MoC3 on inc and start spamming spreads over and over again then pop WP3 and continue and when their MoC or WP is down they stand there like a Lemon :touch:

duact

Fledgling Freddie
ae aquity shear aint that uuber imo, its just 150 radius and 4sec casttime (3sec on single) you will very rarely shear 2ppl at the same time in a fg fight.
Still I really like 42ench 33 rej spec bcoz of red intbuff

edit:sp

Talsar

Albion Legend
I have played a Cleric for 4 and 1/2 years. And although i have tried many many many specs, i have to say that the best one that works for me is;

41 Rej 35 Enh 3 Smite

Not only does it give you slightly higher heals, it does not drain the power too much, you do miss 1 higher resist buff however. Again 3 smite is for AOE mezz, yes it may be grey, but it does work wonders for interupt or even that 2 to 3 seconds of mez during a fight if they are de-buffed body.

Again it depends on how you want to play though, i prefer to be a primary healer, back up buffer, and as there is so many with 36 rej 40 enh atm, my spec was becoming a rare breed.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Lol it's really weird alot of people think the spreadheals are a waste of use.

When i'm in rvr with our as/gu groups it's nearly the only spell i ever use, apart from the odd groupheal when the dmg isn't too big on alot of people.
Otherwise if it's just 1 person and i can see them it's my biggest base single heal.

Yes spreads use more power then the others, but i heal each person for at least 700-900 (depending on how many powerrelics we have) and with a Perri wandering off sometimes getting seriously hit or tanks that are always on rams or Favail that is one of the first to kill people for hib and mid... i have seriously needed those spreads to keep them alive. As for power, with mcl2, RP2 (and fop when it is possible) i've never fallen without.

All in all your playstyle depends on wether your spec will be suitable and which spells you exactly use.

Kcinimodus

Fledgling Freddie
From all the specs I tried I liked 33 rejuv, 36 enhanc and 22 smite the most:
- 33 rejuv is all u need, unless u prefer to have the 100% rez.
- 36 enhanc gives all singe target shears except d/q one, decent in-battle rebuffing allthough no yellow dex is a pain in the ass.
- 22 smite to insta kill zo'arkat pets!

Mind you I had a fixed group with the above spec (there's a little video in my signature playing with this spec if you're interested), atm I got 42 enh/33 rej which is allright and I'd advice it any (starting) cleric till they made up their mind what they prefer themself. I do miss my old spec though :p.

Considering what heals to use, I calculated the heal/power and heal/time ratio a while back. Can't find the table though, but the outcome was:

heal/power: minor > major > normal > greater
heal/time: greater > major > normal > minor

As you can see the 'normal' base heal (refocillation) is quite crap. If someone only took little damage where major would overheal, I much rather use minor which still heals 200+. If someone is taking damage from let's say ~2 tanks, you can keep someone alive way longer with major than with refocillation. The only downside is the casting time of major, so initially you might want to use a greater heal to start off with. Anyway it's all very situational, but I banned refocillation from my quickbars a long long time ago.

In the end, it's your toon and play how you like!

duact

Fledgling Freddie
Fyi the lvl 7pbaoe can instakill all zoopets if u stack them nicely (very rare that it happends but still)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom