cleric question

O

old.Brutallus

rejuvenation or smiting ? - which is better...
or both ?

aksed the same question yesterday broad-ly and initiated hot online discussion
generally from replies (& my thoughts) smiting is easier/better, especially for RvR / soloing
but some say Rejuv also works...
the question is do I really need heals of 600+
(because I've heard RvR is always so chaotic that everyone must count on himself & it seems to me that 600+ heals make sense for team only)

?

O

old.dittytwo

Originally posted by Brutallus
rejuvenation or smiting ? - which is better...
or both ?aksed the same question yesterday broad-ly and initiated hot online discussion
generally from replies (& my thoughts) smiting is easier/better, especially for RvR / soloing
but some say Rejuv also works...
the question is do I really need heals of 600+
(because I've heard RvR is always so chaotic that everyone must count on himself & it seems to me that 600+ heals make sense for team only)

Smiting is good but add the spare points into rejuvination as you get some nice heals
i am lvl 9 and have snite at lvl 8 and rejuvination at lvl 4 (+1 reju ring) (and i put a point into the enchantment by accident (rollon patch 1.50)) this means that i get some nice smiting spells but also some nice low level heals to keep the tanks alive
you also get reserection at lvl 10 anyway so you do not need the big reserections....

IMHO
:m00: :m00:

S

Solid

N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F N E R F

Oops what was the question? I saw Cleric and went mallistic :D

O

old.TonkED

lol

LOL:clap: :clap:

Rejuv Cleric:-:touch:
Smite Cleric:-:twak:
Enchance Cleric:-:fluffle:

:D

S

Smartypants

A common variant seems to be:
Smite: 48
Rejuv: 23 (I think it was)
Enhance: 9

Im going for more like:
Smite: 44-45
Rejuv: 26
Enhance: about 12-13

That's mainly cause I blew the whole thing by going up to 10 in enhance already at lvl 25... :rolleyes:
But it will be OK anyway.

And when it comes to heals, you rarely use your biggest heals. In PvE it takes aggro like hell...

O

old.Vae

OK Bear with me - This has turned out to be fairly long on the Smite cleric bit but is worth a read :)

Whatever you choose you absolutely MUST get 23 in rejuv. Having 2 Insta heals is essential.

I'm a smite cleric heading for the 48S/23R/9E template so slightly biased in my comments that way.

RvR for a rejuv/Enh cleric tends to be a bit crap - You can rarely heal your group because in any large battle they always get split up and out of range plus because RvR damage is higher they're usually dead before you get of any heals.

Enhance is very useful until people die in RvR and you have to find them again to rebuff them. Thus I tend to keep myself fully buffed and the rest on other people as and when I can.
A common misconception about enhance is that further spec doesn't affect the effectiveness of your buffs but it does. The same base buff from an enhance cleric is much more effective than from a non enhance.

Smite - Ah my subject :)

Overall you have a wide variety of skills which individually are not as good as other classes skills but you have many of them making you very flexible. You can heal, Crowd control, Nuke and Tank reasonably well too. You are the ultimate utility class :)

Some Smite clerics have caused us to get a bad rep as a class for refusing to heal etc. Other classes don't help this by complaining at a cleric if he smites or uses his other abilities. The key is the player! If you are smite spec you have many abilities and must know when to mes when to DD, when to stun and most importantly when to heal. I have never had a problem being primary healer in a group. You just have to use the most mana- efficient heals and be constantly on the ball about who's being hit or about to be hit.

A well placed mes or stun can save you an awful lot of that healing though. And you shouldn't be afraid of using your DD either. A misconception is that it draws aggro worse than healing which is rubbish! Healing draws aggro far more because you tend to heal more points than you deal but both generate the same aggro. Your DD is pretty decent, especially at higher levels and against undead. Yellows go down in about 4-5 smites at higher levels depending on what they are, maybe even 3 smites if particularly weak. You can also normally solo Orange undead mobs too which helps.

Spec skills:

DD: Great damage but short range and longer casting time than proper nukers. Also the damage is Spirit - the same as Mes so people tend to have resistance to it.

PBaoe: Handy - on 15 sec clock - works through keep doors too but is much smaller damage and radius than Ice wizards proper pbaoe.

PBaoe mes: I have the 2nd highest one at moment which is 25 seconds on a 30 second clock. Works great - I have been crowd control in a tangler group using it.

AOE DD: Mainly used in RvR (unless you get in a root/aoe Tangler group). Can be handy but lower damage compared to the DD means you seldom kill with it.

Hammer buff: The level 50 which you won't get is rumoured to be the best in the game but the rest are pretty decent.

Base Skills: Affected by your smite spec but still available to all clerics.

Stun: Handy

DD: Faster than the Spec one but tends to be less mana efficient and less damage.

My spec plan was get to 9 smite first so you could solo then to 11 rejuv for the single insta, then to 18 smite for a decent hammer buff, then get the 9 enh for more buffs and 23 in rejuv for the group insta before going back to smite the rest of the way.

This plan means that you are still good in groups as healer until about lvl 35 since you maintain the 2/3 spec. During that time you'll probably only use the 2nd smallest baseline heal as it's most mana efficient and helps not draw aggro. Items can be used to raise you rejuv from 23 as well to keep the 2/3 spec for later levels. I find myself now at lvl 44 with 25 rejuv inc items only using the spec heal for 215 as there is no variance on it - It always heals for 215. The enhance you have are really just left over points but I'd recommend getting them early because it gives you more buffs to give out if grouping or to boost you if soloing.

There are very few times - almost zero that I have wished I was casting a huge heal instead of a small one. They draw aggro stupidly and if you need to use a huge heal then the battle is probably lost already.

Single insta: Draws aggro quite nastily but if you are protected you don't always draw aggro. Good for last minute saves of peoples lives.

Group insta: Do or Die tool. you WILL get the aggro so it tends to be a last ditch effort in PvE where everyones hurt and there are a couple of mobs left which the group might kill before they kill you :(
In RvR both of these are pretty Damn handy :)

O

old.Brutallus

thanks for replies - probably will go with Smiting (after all this game is build around RvR...) sorry Tonked :cool:

Originally posted by Vae
...if you need to use a huge heal then the battle is probably lost already.

heh, interesting point...

if fact I already noticed I use small to medium heals, and - exactly - when there was need for a big one we died all finally:m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom