Cleric newbie. Help please!

O

old.Galieran

I've only played an Armsman before and I don't really know much about clerics. So I would really like to make a nice cleric, since I feel I fu..ed up with my armsman.

1.Where should I put my skill points?
2.What are the upsides/downsides of the different choices?
3. Ups/downs regarding RvR?

And please, I need arguments to why I should choose one thing instead of another.

Thanks!

Gal
lvl 29 armsman

RaiseDead
lvl 5 cleric

I

Insurrextion

2 ways to build a cleric really - smite or rejuv/enhance :)

smite template - 48 smite , 23 rejuv , 9 enhance (most common template)
rejuv template - 23 smite , 40 rejuv , 27 enhance (there are others but i like this one ;) )

for the smite template 48 smite gives you the last spec line DD (some like 49 smite for the last AoE DD, but that means u only have 1 single target insta-heal instead of 2), 23 rejuv gives you 2 insta-heals and semi-decent healing abilities :p and 9 enhance gives you the second str/con spec line buff and the first AF, dex/qui spec line buff

for the rejuv template 23 smite gives you the 3rd best PB AoE mez which is useful in PvE and somewhat useful in RvR too ;) u can easily up smite to 30+ with items u find and Realm Rank too ... 40 rejuv gives you the best rez in the game - full hps and half power (i love you Herbal :p) and excellent healing abilities (ppl will remember a good rejuv cleric ;) ) ... 27 enhance will give you the first set of new resist buffs which will be implemented in the next patch (body, spirit and energy resist) which will be useful for RvR :)

the smite cleric is just about the best non-stealth RvR character u could build ;) the rejuv template i suggested is not too bad for RvR as well ... if u can get smite above 34 with items your damage variance with smite will be tighter :)

hope this helped a bit ;)

O

old.Galieran

Thanks, just what I needed.

Gal
lvl 30 Armsman

RaiseDead
lvl 5 Cleric

F

Flimgoblin

There are also the very rare enhance cleric's... :)
Killer buffs :)

C

cAScADe

every one should (IMHO) go 11 Enh for the int buff.. casters love it +22(i think)
and with 11Enh oyu also get the pretty usless Regen buff.. which is nice i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom