Cleric drops

G

Genesis_of_Ak

I've got an 11th level Cleric alt, but he's levelling fast. I'm unable to tap my guild for any gear, so need to go out and hunt for drops myself, which I quite enjoy.

Where are the good locations to get cleric drops ? Are there any ?

S

Sibanac

Mithra would be your only option i guess.
Or try to get some crafted stuff, its not like lvl 10-15 gear is hard to make

PM me ingame tonight and I'll knock you up a sword and shield, I'll even SC em for you if yer lucky :)

G

Genesis_of_Ak

That's a kind offer ! Thank you !

(The only prob with Mithra, is that its full of silly people)

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Genesis_of_Ak

(The only prob with Mithra, is that its full of silly people)

hehe you noticed :), you can always try your luck in glass, but RoG seems to have stopped droping

F

fl_gorre

just give him pygmy chain as soon as he can wear it :)

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by Sibanac
Mithra would be your only option i guess.
Or try to get some crafted stuff, its not like lvl 10-15 gear is hard to make

PM me ingame tonight and I'll knock you up a sword and shield, I'll even SC em for you if yer lucky :)

clerics get swords wtf ive been playing for over a year and no one told me wtf?????

O

old.shotgunstow

T_T no one told me either ;(

Good cleric drops can also be found soloing in barrows at lvl 50, if you don't want to hunt around too much - Majestic mantle of the eternal, evil stone of emanitions, bracer of shaved bone, ghastly ring of bone...all this I have used at some point so should be of some use :)

S

Sibanac

clerics get swords wtf ive been playing for over a year and no one told me wtf?????

T_T no one told me either ;(

Yeah they can, but only if they are blunt and dont hit with the edges *g*

G

Genesis_of_Ak

I'll take you up on your kind offer tonight, Sib !

(Was down the battle-cruiser last night watching Spurs v Bolton)

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Genesis_of_Ak
I'll take you up on your kind offer tonight, Sib !

(Was down the battle-cruiser last night watching Spurs v Bolton)
hehe wasnt on my self had some IRL company :)

I might be on as my wizzy Zamof aswell, depends whats going on, from 7 gmt onwards

G

Genesis_of_Ak

D'accord !

Ca va être sympa, à ce soir!

L

Legaoniel_v

If you want a majestic mantle and stone of em give me a shout ingame - I have about 6 of each in vault lol

C

-Calvin-

Your our GM Leggy :p

Means your no longer un-guilded.
Now get back to work :p

Calvin

O

old.Ramas

Hmm,

I wouldn't reccomend using barrows drops (or hunting in barrows) at level 11 ;).

Only level 11 drop I can think of is the earth spirirt stone (or something like that) that boulderlings drop (+CON and +PIE).

You don't need many drops till 20+ anyway.

Healers are damn rare in the < lvl 30 range, so just look for groups 2 or 3 levels higher than you and power level yourself up to 20.

Then go to Keltoi and pick up as much Keltoi chain as you can.

30+, as others have said, barrows drops can work, but tbh you might as well go direct to lyonesse and start picking out your coral set, it will be low purple to you, but wear it anyway. It's incredibly easy to replace, and you shouldn't be getting hit too often anyhow.

High end drops (only counting easy or questable drops) you should consider....

- Cloak of Retinency (high 30s Fall of an Emporer quest reward)
- Veiled eyes bracer (Secret Orders quest from Heather Barclay @ Swanton Keep)
- DF Necklace & Jewel
- Various Ogre's Might rewards (lol - good luck)
- Bracer of Health (Lost Treasure quest from Ariette in Gwyntell- none of the other bracers you can choose are much use to a cleric)
- Spirits of the Orchard quest (from wearyall village) gives a nice set of gauntlets at lvl 36 iirc.
- Epic ring obvioulsy.
- Ask your guild to look out for cleric shields in their tree groups - Ancient Witherwoode bark shields are usable from about lvl 40 (they get dozens of the things in marathon tree sessions)
- Majestic Mantle of the Eternal is a good Barrows cloak a few people in your guild will likely have rotting in the vault, ask around at level 35ish.

Slightly harder to get drops....

- Holy Afanc Cloak (from the afanc)
- Pygmy Gem of spirit thingumy (from the goblins)
- Runic Troll belt (from the elylls)
- Protector of Stone Oracles, best cleric shield *drop* I'm aware of, and is a random drop in Dartmoor.
- Various hammer drops in Dartmoor for level 40+

Mostly as a cleric you are looking for survivability stats, +CON, +Resists etc. Piety is actually quite hard *not* to cap, and the benefit of it is anyway not nearly as strong as +INT for casters. I find belts to be a particular problem for clerics, keep a good lookout for good cleric unique belts SI.

Biggest problem throughout all cleric (and probably caster) drop hunting is +power.

I hate getting what should be a good item, which has been designed with shitloads of imbue points, only to find the devs have used up most of the space with a +5 power bonus. :rolleyes: . Remember when considering the utility of drops, to use an mVal of zero for power bonuses (or of about 0.25 if you want to be *really* generous).

You need 17 power to cast one extra minor heal at level 50.

Yet 17 power takes up the same amount of space on an item as 18% resist, or +136 HP, or +52 to a stat. pfft.

O

old.shotgunstow

You love ranting about how crappy +power is, don't you ;)

O

old.Ramas

Yup.

Renders at least half the ROG drops for clerics utterly useless at a stroke.

G

Genesis_of_Ak

Attn : Sibanac

Cheers for the shield and mace ! I'll PM you tonight for the spell crafting, if that's ok with you.

I'd say I'm 40% smite cleric, 60% rejuv.

Adds to smite, strength, con, and rejuv would be nice, but since I know bugger all about spell-crafting, I defer to your expertise to advise on whether its possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom