cleric concentration testing

T

Tigerius

Well thanks for pointing it in our direction but to be honest this feels quite pointless in light of more drastic problems.

F

Flimgoblin

The fact that speccing enhance past 40 is pointless isn't a problem?

yes smite has problems, rejuv has problems...

can't ignore the little bugs just because it's not the one that really gets your goat now...

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by Fingoniel
The fact that speccing enhance past 40 is pointless isn't a problem?

yes smite has problems, rejuv has problems...

can't ignore the little bugs just because it's not the one that really gets your goat now...

True, but as my boss always says "There are sharks closer to the boat!" :)

They need to fix the major issues people have with this class - restore smite, so that one can choose to spec in 3 viable lines, or remove smite altogether.

Until they do I'm not interested in the other minor issues...

K

Khalen

I can easily cast up to 20 buffs... with my cleric and specs (20 enh)

C

ChillyDawg

well i dunno where the fook you guys come from but round ere we can only cast 16!!!!

Dawg

T

Tigerius

Chillydawg: That's a bug saying you can max cast 16, the cap is 20.

Fingoniel: I'm going to have to agree with Danamyr here, I mean I see your point but Enhance is doomed to be a passive support (read buffbot) line that not many will spec that high even if it gets fixed. I agree it shouldn't be broken but there ARE greater concerns for the Cleric class than a line barely designed in the first place to support high spec.

O

old.Ramas

Only time you can't hit 20 buffs is when you are specced between 25ish and 40ish.

The upper limit is the point no one in their rigt mind would spec past, simply because new buffs will not grant higher stats but will take more concentration (thanks to the caps) (and old, more efficient buffs, are removed from your spellbook due to no spelllist organisation)

Below spec 25ish you won't have any issue casting 20 buffs.

In the 25-30 spec region I could normally get between 16 and 20 out, above spec 30 and the number of buffs you can cast starts to drop further.

IMHO, to fix the top end (35+) of this spec, it needs a few castable buffs thrown in (things alongthe lines of power/end regen, or haste, dmg add, etc) that do not suffer under stat caps.

O

old.Ramas

Oh, and incidentally the problem Orlena is trying to sort out is the age old conc pool functuation under piety changes, relogging, and rezoning.

We are on an older (and simpler) ruleset for how and when conc pools update, put simply, our conc pool updates only when we load a zone or relog. So if you reply to Orlena's thread, tell her you are testing on the GOA server with v1.50.

For example.

Currently on Excalibur, your conc pool gets halved if you zone load or relog when rez sick. It will never get halved if you die and get resurrected, or die and respawn in the same zone load area, unless you later cross a zone load boundary or relog while still rez sick. Once it does get halved, your conc pool will only be restored if you zone load, or relog after rez sickness has expired.

In the US version (1.53) rez sickness should always halve your conc pool, and conc pool will remain halved until rez sickness expires. However, there are always bugs...

B

bob007

My cleric is 22 enhance, giving me the 2nd intell buff +32 i think, If i cast more then 2 in a full group I lose 1 buff. So group with 3 casters all wanting intell buff (very rare) means 19 buffs not 20.

The thing that scares me most as others have said is the smite nerf coming to europe. Looking at most boards, to still have an effective smite you must take it to 43, Thats way to high for me to be happy with the char i rolled when i got this game on day 1.

Funniest thing i've read of late is this line from the GoA e-mail about respec,

"Take your time, think about it, your character may be very good already, and, instead of making him more efficient, re-specializing may actually make him weaker, or even make him a total stranger to you."

LMAFO with or without respecing my char, The nerf allone will make him "Weaker" and with that "a total stranger" to me.

Last moan :) Double conc pool to allow for us to spec higher enhance. An remove smite spec line, Am not going 43 smite to have an a bility to solo mobs. Maybe my friar will become my main in furture, hell even they got a stick with styles :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom