Classic Servers

Poox

Loyal Freddie
Classic server's are going to bring players from Prydwen and Excalibur to them. This will mean Excalibur/Prydwen cluster will be just the same as your 'old' server, or even worse, less.

Predicted figures

Classic 2500
Prydwen/Excalibur Cluster around 100-1000

So this basically means you might not have all of the more people that you thought you might have.

Just liked to add my comment.

Thanks, snorlig :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I know a lot of people who couldn't give a rats ass about playing classic. I'm one of them so I think you're figures are a pile of shit. Seeing as there's only 1 classic server for all the languages it's unlikely the Excal/prydwen cluser would loose out as much as you think..

Doom ! the sky is falling! omg it's WoW all over again!

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Classic servers will draw the population from excal/pryd - but after the first month is over and people start to realise its not a classic server its a darkspire farming server... they will be back :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it'll have some german/french players on it too (and maybe some italians/spaniards)

thing is...

most of the people who quit EU for ToA will have started again on the US servers - some people here might try out it since it'll be free.

I expect it might be more appealing to the other language players - since fewer of them will have gone to the US.

It gives us a third reasonably normal server to create classes on so might not be all bad, plus the clustered prydwen/excalibur will be able to deal with any short term population decrease.

Doubt it'll have the same lasting appeal that the US versions seem to have but we'll see I suppose :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Classic servers will draw the population from excal/pryd - but after the first month is over and people start to realise its not a classic server its a darkspire farming server... they will be back :)

It'll be full up like Camlann was at the start - meaning many won't bother trying to get on and some will get fed up at the idea they've somehow fallen behind because they couldn't be in first wave of 50's.

I don't personally want a classic server I like ToA but I do want a 3rd English server - only taken 4 years to get it :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
:) agreed another english server will be nice - ill probably have an alt on there but Excal/Hib is my main server and always will be now.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Don't know how many peeps are like me but I have slowly fallen out of contact with my Guild because I just can't play 24/7 and have dropped behind, I was here from the start and would love to go the classic server, all the good days of levelling back again with no goddam TOA looming ahead of me.

Sorry but I'll jump ship first night.

I can see it being a scaled up Thid for me.

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
I'm excited by this ;p.

People are slowly filtering back to DAoC from other games this adds another incentive and no playing on the US is no substitute to a lovely Euro server ^^

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
From a personal standpoint I really cba leveling up yet another lvl 50 just so I can have rvr without artifacts etc. I like having all the fluff, and yeah it can be annoying sometimes but shit happens.

I don't think this is going to have such a impact on the main servers as some people are thinking, there are going to be loads of people from all nationalitys trying to get on this server, and if the cap is at 2500 people are just going to get fed up and log back into there main server until if/when the pop settles down abit.

Jerjerod

Fledgling Freddie
In the US they only stayed caped for a few weeks, currently talking about just over 3000 at peak time accross all three servers, less than half of the inital population. Alot of people in europe who were disatisfied with TOA but still interested in DAOC have already tryed the concept in the US and are either still playing there or have decided it was a bad idea after all, which is why i would question wether a server here will have that much interest.
Also it has the same problem as Camlan in that it will involve mixing with the French :/

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
the only positve thing i see is the 3rd english server.

now i can try adn play all 3 realms IF i want to. but as i got fully toad charrs on excal, no way im change main servers.

mybe make a 50 there and play some for fun, its much to be rvr viable. no MLs, no artis. but then it must be a really booring time on excal. Cluster is inc too so that will liven upt the place alot.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Basicly this is saying "throw ur 5 ml10 toa'd chars down the toilet and come play on CS, insta, same-sex action server" no fukcing thx...

/Dracus

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
and quit playing my mains on excal? no thankyou, think i'll pass

a server where u can't have buffbots makes it impossible for a caster to solo due to shiet castspeed, and i enjoy casters so :)

mirieth!

Banned
Jerjerod said:
Also it has the same problem as Camlan in that it will involve mixing with the French :/

not always a bad thing, they're like rps-on-legs :m00:

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
well if anyone did actually read the news they did say this.

"Classic" future server(s)
After the survey you participated in last month, we decided to open a "Classic" server in Europe. Considering the number of interested players and their language, we chose to open a server in English which will be more likely to gather players from all places. We keep on examining the results in order to determine the number of servers that will be launched, as it is possible that there might be one or two. This decision, as well as the date of release, will be communicated to you as soon as all the elements are implemented.

so we may get an all english classic but if they make 2 will the 2nd server be french/german or just french or just german? who knows but i hope it is 2 but if it's only 1 i can live with that tbh, just make an english guild and problem is solved, and if somone just try talking french or whatever language there is always /ignore.

Bleri

Fledgling Freddie
Classic server is a diffcult issue.

Since returning to the game I started a new char which is now my main. I dont have 2 accounts so no buff-bot. I dont have the time or inclination to camp for artis, so none of them, so in theory I'm a classic, classic customer.

However I really cant be arsed in starting all over again, so I'd rather run my gimped char around NF on Excal.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
I will probably play on the classic as much as I play on Camlann - very rarely. Hell I don't even have any chars on Excal. Only reason I will try a classic is if it were a true classic - then you really would see grps of ppl leveling on Salisbury. This kind of classic with Cata/NF etc. will not have enuff Nostalgia value to drag me from Pryd. I was not a great fan of ToA but it's here I have some bits and pieces on most of my toons.

I have done the - start from lvl1 bit with my heretic on Prydwen - it's not hard with Cata. I grouped with several Tics and new arrivals to the game - we had 1 trip down memory lane in Mithra - but most of the levels were gained in Cata area's. Classic will prove very popular to start but I can't see it being a long term thing.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You can look at server pops,but how many are actually in RVR or lvlin towards fully specced chars?

I'm there online but I don't go near the frontiers, my lvl 50 might as well be a grey for all the use I am, I don't think this will hit hard, most people who leave to the Classic will be peeps you won't miss anyway.

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
I guess many who wants classic servers has already moved to the us. I play there too and i must say it's really fun. Even the leveling part is fun as weird as that may sound.

You can still get some uber items with darkspire gear and there's plenty of that around, it's raided pretty much 24/7.

No buffbots makes things interesting too since most buffer classes are active healers and don't spec for high buffs. I play alb there and it's great that every cleric you see in frontiers is actually active!

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Cirandi said:
it's great that every cleric you see in frontiers is actually active!

Wtf... an active healing cleric on albion ?

Stop taking them drugs young man

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
mirieth! said:
not always a bad thing, they're like rps-on-legs :m00:

Yeah I have to agree that getting PMs on Camlann was funny sometimes. Shame the other realms can't talk to you though - wouldn't mind the odd " I FUCK HEAD SHIT FACE NOW?!"

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i think most ppl who will be playing the so called classic server are french and german. so far what i have read here i can tell that 80% english server players will stay at their servers.

well, thats what i think

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
think i will try it out possible roll a mid healer or shammy, not so sure who much i will play it. I think more people here will give it ago than they are admitting, staying there is a differant matter though.

:m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom