Classic Servers - What you going to play there?

Valencio

Fledgling Freddie
How many of you are going to try US classic servers?

Also if you are, what characters you going to roll? same as now or new ones? and why? because of no ToA and such.

XXX Hendo XXX

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
didnt they go live like 6 months ago or something? shouldnt you be asking people what they rolled on there and then abandoned?

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Valencio said:

Also if you are, what characters you going to roll? same as now or new ones? and why? because of no ToA and such.

XXX Hendo XXX

ToA will become really simple in a few patches, will probably take about 1 week to get ALL items you need from there and most of the MLs. imo the classic servers are just boring, i want the cool stuff that came with ToA when i play

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
if i'm going to play there then I will roll mid prolly since that is the only realm where i don't have a level 50 char :p

Faldir

Fledgling Freddie
Valencio said:

GOA announced yesterday that the European classic servers should be opening early December.

GOA said:
http://daoc.goa.com/news/view_news.php3?id_article=3696

Upcoming release of the "classic" servers

We are now planning the set of operations that will enable the opening of 2 "classic" ruleset servers, one in English, the other in German. Testing has been successfully carried out in both languages but there are still many parameters to tune.
We thus plan a release of these two servers for December, either Wednesday the 7th or Thursday the 8th. Of course, we will inform you if this date is to be changed, but nevertheless, there is not long to wait for those who wish to try out these alternative servers.

So you should ask who is going to try these ones out :p

I certainly am - I don't have time to get all the ToA stuff even if they make it simpler. So will give it a go see if it turns out more enjoyable for a casual player.

I'll prob do a tank such as BM or Vamp, although I'm sensing almost the whole of Hibernia will be vamps at the beginning. I levelled a druid from the start on Excalibur so will be nice to start with something I can solo.

I hope it doesn't have /level also.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Valencio said:

XXX Hendo XXX

Tried it, got very bored very quickly. People moan about ToA a helluva lot, but you dont realise how huge a part of the game it is until it's gone.

Shame "Classic" servers weren't actually classic (as in pre-SI, pre-NF etc) which for my money was when the game was at it's best.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Faldir said:
I certainly am - I don't have time to get all the ToA stuff even if they make it simpler. So will give it a go see if it turns out more enjoyable for a casual player.

Personally I'll take 1.81 Arti changes over 3 weeks of Darkspire raids followed by being ganked by no-dick FOTM rerollers :D

Move along, nothing to see here...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Vamp, and I'm going to specifically target people who voted for classic servers :p

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
I may try mid a bit there as I already got alb and hib in existing english servers :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
didnt they go live like 6 months ago or something? shouldnt you be asking people what they rolled on there and then abandoned?

Jeez for someone who's "account is closed, addiction kicked" you sure do use daoc FH forums a lot. That's like giving up drinking but still using a brandy glass.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Only reason some people still want classic server is cause they only speak english and want to try a third realm.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
Only reason some people still want classic server is cause they only speak english and want to try a third realm.

That's why i'm gona give it a try =).

Haven't really gotten a chance to try mid ,
Did try on the PvP server but kept getting chain killed by Infi's and the like.
So at least i should be able to have a bit of fun.
Learning a new realm is always fun =)

O

OwnRvR

The point of classic isn't purely less pve reqs from toa..

Good equal 8v8 fights on classic last around 5mins.
Classic servers are more melee based, and of course many of the abilities brought in by toa aren't there.

DAOC lost a huge player base in US, Classic was an attenpt to lure people back too the game. People will not return to the game because toa is slightly easier.

DAOC is a mass pvp game, those who play for pve content... well hmm no idea why on earth they do. IMO DAOC has to be one of worst pve games around. But, it does happen to be best mass pvp game on the market.

In saying that, 95% of players even on classic servers, still can only dream of pvp while they level one alt after another.

Amesdar

Fledgling Freddie
Goin' Enchanter, Hib' style, already got practically full group for EXP'ing, only got one space left, I'll be buggered if I know what we need though. :D

Classic Servers is more than just ToA peoples, There's no /level(A personal pet hate of mine) on Classic Servers, and Buffbots are almost irrelivent, as they need to be in the group, and close to you for the buffs to actually be active = might as well have an active buff/healer.

So.... :D

Xphyral

Fledgling Freddie
classic server would only be appealing if they went back to old frontiers, atm it just looks like a shit version of a game we already have decent characters on

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom