Classic Luri champ Qs

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Anyone had any experiance with classic luri champs

is S&S viable for one on one at low rr?

will the extra quick make up for the loss in str for 2h?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Well it is doable with 2h, but the loss in str AND con is just too much. Also I tried S/S on a low rr luri champ and well....

Let's just say that character never got a high realm rank. Luri hero on the other hand does work.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Classic? On the euro classic server I take it?

Try
40 valour
42 shield
34 pierce
34 LW
11 parry

The only class that should give you a hard time in one on ones is a reaver.
Spam demolish during slams and asp's bite/tarantula the rest of the time
Weary souls and druid dragon vest, soul glimmer and SGF/DoD for 2handed mode.

I did that spec on my shar champ (albiet blades rather than pierce), and I can honestly say even at RR3 I was beating RR10 opponents easily, your STR and CON may not be great, but with self buff on classic and after debuffs, they will be higher than any of your opponents.
The combination of shield and debuffs is simply too much for most opponents, especially when coupled with dragon gear heal and hot procs galore.

My old template on classic from just after the dragon campaign was
http://warforge.net/hybrid.html
which allowed me to use the 3 dragon dropped LWs and cuul's fang/fsls with weary souls with no stat loss.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Well it is doable with 2h, but the loss in str AND con is just too much. Also I tried S/S on a low rr luri champ and well....

Let's just say that character never got a high realm rank. Luri hero on the other hand does work.

my luri champ is rr6 and it roxed..

it was p/s to rr5... prettymuch unkillable 1v1

could often take 2-3 noob stealthers on at the same time

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
my luri champ is rr6 and it roxed..

it was p/s to rr5... prettymuch unkillable 1v1

could often take 2-3 noob stealthers on at the same time

Mine whas 50 blunt, 42 shield, something, something (yeah, yeah, before the style changes and i whas in for some fun) and rr2-4. It rawked in 1vs1's, but it took too much time to kill stuff and it whas impossible for me to kill a bd (ask Dard) :D

Anyways, the hp's on a champ are already low and one just can't have enough str. But, no doubt there are succes story's out there with luri chimps. However those story's would have bin better if they where celts or shars :p

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
I can see absolutely no reason why a shield champ is not worth a shot, i've got one just about ready for Molvik but i'm not really in a financial situation to be paying subs atm.

I've dueled a fair few classes with it and it seems to be very solid, the only thing i can really see being a major problem that you will face in RVR is a Reaver.

Just give it a shot.

- English -

Resident Freddy
I can see absolutely no reason why a shield champ is not worth a shot, i've got one just about ready for Molvik but i'm not really in a financial situation to be paying subs atm.

I've dueled a fair few classes with it and it seems to be very solid, the only thing i can really see being a major problem that you will face in RVR is a Reaver.

Just give it a shot.

if your ml 10 battlemaster you can shear him... the only class which caused problems were high rr warriors & the odd valk ... tho you can get around them if you have a dex charge item on you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom