Classes discution

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
What classes you think that will never be considered "honorable" by players in general. Reasons about it.
Discuss how much Mythic succeded on introducing new classes.

e.g.

Warlock : To be or not to be!? What the reason to be rr10 if none recognise you as a player?

BD : Lean mean killing machine on the hands of someone that knows what to do. Still unfair for everyone even in the hands of a noob.

Animists : Do shrooms make you feel close to the nature?

Banhsee : Was that a wall? oO

VW : The shythe by it self makes me feel better. Just for the looks of it.

Necro : Group? Who is that?

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Vermillon said:
What classes you think that will never be considered "honorable" by players in general. Reasons about it.
Discuss how much Mythic succeded on introducing new classes.

e.g.

Warlock : To be or not to be!? What the reason to be rr10 if none recognise you as a player?

BD : Lean mean killing machine on the hands of someone that knows what to do. Still unfair for everyone even in the hands of a noob.

Animists : Do shrooms make you feel close to the nature?

Banhsee : Was that a wall? oO

VW : The shythe by it self makes me feel better. Just for the looks of it.

Necro : Group? Who is that?

warlock is indeed a retard class, but in a setgrp with pbae+sh specthings it can be usefull and pretty fun i reckon, just look at the rr10 warlock on lyoness :eek:

bd is indeed kinda ezmode for the newbies, very hard tool too beat if played by a good player

animists can be evil as hell with bombers, as we was silra(thaadi) bomb our group away a couple of times :] also putting out 2-3 shrooms then going into the rr5 mushroom mode is evil, and ze shrooms of doom is the pve of hibernia

vw is underestimated class imo, pandora run with vw and he hurts like hell with this positionals and procs and shit, and if you root one, he just starts to nuke you = qq :<

necro melee debuffing? why not :p else its just the zergclass and not very vial for group rvr but good for albion pve

my thoughts :eek:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
MaditioN said:
vw is underestimated class imo, pandora run with vw and he hurts like hell with this positionals and procs and shit, and if you root one, he just starts to nuke you = qq :<

:eek:

wish more people would realise this tbh.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Really comes down which patch - which realm did ya play :p

for me infils wont ever be a honorable class as i have played agaisnt them when :

1, prydwen/albion had 2 set grps, rest were deadly shadows with prenerf dragonfang + dualshadowzzz - 3 str relics - mincerbots :f
2, banelord bonedancer instant lajftep on 1500 range is simply retarded
3, mincer 1vs1 with old-ra's + fz :eek:
4, warlock mm sums it up, yet another instant class
5, animist yaaaaaaaaaawn, bollox in pve, bollox at sieges :D
6, savages f8-3shoted paladin-f8 whatever 3shoted-f8 etc etc
7, archers mainly scouts, especially after NF (too many of em :>)
8, any kind of hib nuker with 3 pow relics preNF, not dishonorable but surely imba D:
9, sm with ml9 pet against melee chars

the list could go on for ages, 90% of the classes had their bit in OPness for a longer(zerkers, svgs) or shorter (reaver) time

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Warlock : Class made for retards who failed pwning with their bonedancer. Simply retarded I-Win class in 1vs1; luckily not seen much in FG's (yet) - but remember Bonedancers where first not popular in FG's but now alot of Mids run with another insta-machine.

Bonedancer : Overshined by the warlocks OP'ness but still a retarded class. 80-90% of the dps of a normal nuker (against higher mana-cost) but backed up by healer-pets; uninterruptable 4 sec lifetap (LOL) 1500 range which interrupts enemy casters too. Add Banelord and its simply over the top.

Ixu

Loyal Freddie
don't forget that BD has the instant debuff which interrupts :m00:
ok ok.. it's not only class.. Champion got interruptin instant debuffs too :clap:

bah Warlock.. wadda ya say.. 1-button-wonder :worthy:

roll VW and to VW fotms so we can quit the animist discussion ! We got new op char from SI ages.. this is true they wtfpwn j00 all :>

and Thanes need love <3 :(

Treeeebeard

Fledgling Freddie
Personally (Imo) I feel the higher RR anis deserve more respect then teh animist class in general is given (i.e all bug abuse's and all that crap) As most the high RR anis perfer to roam and use lifetap/orbs so fight in a more honerable way but just my oppionoin though ;)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Some animists on the server run in FG's or solo and do well /respect

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Remedy using Nightshades. One piece of overpowered RR5 ability.

Oh, ... Minstrels that run in the stealther game. Now, that's another overpowered class (in that situation).

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Ixu said:
ok ok.. it's not only class.. Champion got interruptin instant debuffs too :clap:

the debuffs not interrupting (or shouldn't) for any class, only the snare and dd can be used for interrupt for a champ.

Btw, what about the lame +rr5 4 button insta zerg killer reavers? ^^

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:
Remedy using Nightshades. One piece of overpowered RR5 ability.

Oh, ... Minstrels that run in the stealther game. Now, that's another overpowered class (in that situation).

I dont have Remedy on my NS (yet) but I can imagine it being very powerful (prolly OP) in assassin vs assassin.

As mini-assassin on my Elf I would rather see the Remedy RA replaced by something else. Something I can use against 'all' classes. What I would like is something to go boost the 'magic'-side of the Nightshade. For 60 secs all magic-damage (not Legendary weapons) does double-damage (only stacking for 50% with Viper-RA) so the casted nuke becomes approx 120~ damage, the insta DD approx 200 (on 0% resists obv) and Lifebane does 125 dmg /tick; Viper3-Lifebane does 150-170/tick.

Anyhow I think Nightshade need some 'magical' boost with their RR5 RA; the Remedy RA does that in a way; but it's also way too short recast-timer and way too strong. They could've easily made it after firing Remedy all magic debuffs/dots etc only affect you for 50% and it would be alot more fair.

I just had a thought, what would have happened if Remedy was given to Shadowblades?

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Remedy is fair tbh

NS's had a major nerf with RA's in NF (taking away AP, WA etc)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
I just had a thought, what would have happened if Remedy was given to Shadowblades?

It would be a bandwagon fix to the problems SB's have. We would just be back in the pre-1.62 days where Left Axe hid the inherent design mistakes in SB's. Now it would just be an overpowered RA instead of imbalanced growth rates in a particular style line.

Anyways, let's not turn this thread into a stealther balance discussion. We can discuss that in another thread if you like (P/M)uppet. :)

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Stealther Classes - Mainly because the people who play them are generaly *****, only a handful of nice guy stealthers around (Luon and Eden spring to mind)

Any class can be respected though if its played well and better than the average joe X class.

Not many valewalkers about, but the ones who play it seem to be pretty decent so huge respect for those guys :]

Gamah

Banned
Every stealther can be an asshole at one point or another (myself included), luons beeen one on some oocations and so has eden, just as well every stealther can have nice moments.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
warlocks : 6 years to 12
bds : 12 - 14

is a class created for newbies, anyway i respec the Bds like bananaplockaren who were not in the famouse lame lifedrain spec.

rest of game is ok.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Banana man was a LT 47 Supp Spec. But thats not all he would use. The 47 Supp, rest dark is the only spec for the BD.

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
SkarIronfist said:
Banana man was a LT 47 Supp Spec. But thats not all he would use. The 47 Supp, rest dark is the only spec for the BD.

bullshit
theres other specs that work too, ofc still being supp/dark
ask aldrick

Brite

Banned
38/38 supp/dark spec can work but its kinda useless at high RR as your darkness nuke varience is dragged up to basically nothing and your lifetap will do around 100 damage less than 47 spec and will have very weak healer pets, yes its viable, moreso at low realm rank but the price you pay is not worth it imo.

and banan was 48/24 ;P

think he later respeced 47/26 when i told him 42 healers was the same as the lvl 48 ones but im not sure

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
You forget to mention valkyrie as new introduced class, just too bad they are some pretty worthless stuff.

Bonedancer: is OP in so many cases so I would never consider playing this class honourable, although there are a few decent BD players it's still overshined by the silly class.

Valewalkers: Seems underrated and neglected in rvr, dunno why really. I think they rock :D Especially the sidestyle chain and rear stun. <3 my lvl 39 vw :D

Warlock : Heh, how this class even passed the Mythic's testing is beyond my belief, makes you wonder if they play the classes they introduce first. Anyway this class seem to be perfect for bitter outsiders that need an op crap class to PWN or people that find it too hard to play other classes that can't insta kill.

Animists : Lots of buggery stuff about this class but the semihigh rr animists that run in fg or solo and not always just gt+spam shrooms at a tower is worth respect imo :)

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
banan was NOT supp

i saw 1 grey pet healer and strong grey lifedrain only for interrupt. saw him nuke for 1000 , puppet has the screenes.

If u brite, skarbone etc.. wanna keep using the lame spec you dont need to lie.

Brite

Banned
Xxcalibur said:
banan was NOT supp

i saw 1 grey pet healer and strong grey lifedrain only for interrupt. saw him nuke for 1000 , puppet has the screenes.

lol so maybe banan tried split spec when i wasnt around? bds dont need split spec to nuke hard, all split spec will do is bring down the varience, but i suppose you just like making a fool of yourself as you dont have a clue what you are talking about

my cap nuke is 630 with +25pie 9% damage 10% resists peirce, MoM 3 AA 1 ect, so i imagine if i went a few levels higher in MoM or so and had someone debuff and a nice crit i could hit 1000 easily without split spec at all, im 26+19, so 45 in darkness at the moment which will give me a varience of about 30 damage in my nukes, so its worth dropping 100 damage on my lifetap and weak healer pets just to reduce a varience of 30 damage? yeh sure, and dont talk to me about power usage its hardly makes a difference

lame spec? if you had your way we would all me mezz breaking bone army spec, sure mate we are supposed to gimp ourselves just beacuse you decide we are lame, go learn how to play your eld properly and then ill take advice off you

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Of course you may have caught Banana man on one of his respec days. But please remember he was RR9+ so he would have been highly spec'd caster. Also this would have been before NF which meant he didn't have TWF - taking 30 points. So his WP and MoM may well have been well stacked and you never know, he may well have been working off a cold debuffer for his Dark DDs.

Though tbh I can't remember if he ever tried NF.

The reason I know what his spec was .... quite simple, I asked him. Since I was looking for advice from the best BD on the server (Though original Mill was v.good). I personally don't see the need to lie over something as trivial as a spec of character in a computer game.

The reason we stick with this lame ass spec .... simple. Its the spec which has pets which cause the least problems and the greatest benefits. Pets and lifetaps though very useful don't make alot of difference when Faderullah and Dreami or Wonderer and Dopi are hammering on your ass.

Majsan

Fledgling Freddie
Xxcalibur said:
banan was NOT supp

You can use lowlevel lifedrain to interupt with for low mana useage and have greycon healers as 47 supp to you know :) Some people have 3 greycon healers instead of 2 green...

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Majsan said:
You can use lowlevel lifedrain to interupt with for low mana useage and have greycon healers as 47 supp to you know :) Some people have 3 greycon healers instead of 2 green...
Stop the lies Majsan m8! :(

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
Brite said:
lame spec? if you had your way we would all me mezz breaking bone army spec, sure mate we are supposed to gimp ourselves just beacuse you decide we are lame, go learn how to play your eld properly and then ill take advice off you

Bone army ? u have dark spec with ubber debuff nuke, but yes u prefer play lame spec, lifedrain spec = lame ok ? :D keep hiting 2xx n00b

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Xxcalibur said:
Bone army ? u have dark spec with ubber debuff nuke, but yes u prefer play lame spec, lifedrain spec = lame ok ? :D keep hiting 2xx n00b

Xxcalibur = Retard ok?

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Xxcalibur said:
saw him nuke for 1000 , puppet has the screenes.
That must have been with a cold debuff no? or are you suggesting he nukes as good as a dark runemaster?

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Xxcalibur said:
u have dark spec with ubber debuff nuke
You thinking of RM's now? And that nuke is far from uber or ubber :>

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks can be so much more than a 1 button class. Was the same type of whine when Bonedancers came.

Valkyrie is actually worse than thane from a point of view. I'd like them to lower shears timers to 30sec or so and give them stealth and climb walls.

Bonedancers is a tough class.. on the eage of overpowered in some cases. But there are others like it. Every melee char who have faced a buffed necro knows that.

Animist is just nasty in group.. I just wish they could put the shrooms on another specline. :S

Banshee is retarded, with that delve on it's nuke they should have atleast 3.5sec castspeed on it. And they are hard to spot in a distance.

Valewalkers deserve more grouping, they are just plain nasty when played right.

Reaver is slam iwinclass, but pretty gimp once you purge the slam.

Mincer should have their rouge abillities removed and be lowered to the same hybrid table as thane and warden.

And what to do about thanes? I don't have a clue, ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom