Class Recognition Skillz

O

old.Wildfire

Just a quick pointer, as class recognition has been brought to my attention as one of Albion's weak links in RvR. Please note that this isn't a hard-and-fast guide, it simply comes from my own limited experience.

Midgard
==========

1. The Healer - usually a dwarf, sometimes a norseman, with a small round shield and no apparent weapon. Sightings usually occur just before or after your group freezes with no warning. Must be dealt with rapidly.
2. The Caster - usually a kobold or dwarf, sometimes a norseman, with a stick. The most direct threat to our realm, and MUST be dealt with along with healers FIRST.

Other mid classes are less important in terms of immediate threat in a fight. Mezz them and leave them alone until the two above-mentioned class-types are dead.

Hibernia
==========

1. The Bard - always a celt or firbolg, with a "fricken banjo" as I once heard it described. Kill first in all circumstances. (small wizard tip: QC-bolt them as soon as you see them, it often hits before they can finish casting their AE mezz)
2. The Caster - 90% of elves fall into this category, but on paper the most dangerous ones are the lurikeen, because they're harder to spot. They carry a stick, they wear cloth, do anything you can to stop them casting*. As with Midgard, other than the above-mentioned class-types, if they don't fall into the above categories, leave em alone and come back to them.

[edit] Warden removed so as not to mislead tanks into thinking they should go for wardens before bards/casters. [/edit]

* The importance of INTERRUPTING casters cannot be overstated. Even if you can't kill a caster, if you have the opportunity to interrupt them, take it. You will potentially stop a 200-500pt hit on one or many of your realm-mates. Even if as a caster yourself, all you can do is hit them with your staff, do it.

A

amphetamine

i hope people take notice but i guarentee the majority of albs will fight trolls instead of dwarves, i had to scream constantly over emain cg on my last day as an alb for them to attack the dwarf healers, out of about 15 mids all tanks dead but 3 healers/runies left, pretty much says it all, i watched alb tanks run past the dwarves in the middle of the battle to hit trolls.

good luck though and nice post.

T

Tigerius

Truth most of what Wildfire says but FOR GODS SAKE LEAVE THE WARDEN ALONE. Mezz him, ignore him forever more. If he purges then naturally he should be dealt with like any other unmezzed target but if you get him mezzed leave him that way, it renders his main ability inactive and will ease killing of his squadm8s. If mezzing and forgetting isn't an option yes you might either want to gather force to take him out quickly (obviously nukes are of more interest here vs a parrying 6sec PBT target) or just leave him a bit.. healing classes can make a bit of hassle but it's not of similar importance at all to eliminating casters and main CC.

O

old.FIN

Now we just need to wait 3 months Albs to read this and understand it and LEARN it also !!!

as u can c all , Wildfire has knowledge and giving it to u all guys, now pass the info forward because excalibur has many guys that dont read this forum, so pass the info forward, plz, ty

and TY Wild, i could also type the stuff, but 1% has now finglish translator, so ...=)

L

-Lonewolf-

You cannot emphasis enough how quickly you have to hit the bard and/or Mentalist/Eldritch/Enchanter in Hibernia

And cannot be stressed enough how quickly u have to take the healer and/or Runemaster out in Midgard

Basically it wins or loses you a fight

Sad to say but mez/stun is all RvR is about

T

tazzke

Yep....quick and nice round-up of what to kill first in RvR

Hibs are easier to spot the difference between casters /tanks etc

Mids dwarfs are somethimes a bit harder....but when you have been mezzed by them 10 x in 30 min....well i think everyone will know what to look for the 11th time :p

Simple rule....if it wears a stick...kill it :p

Axes, Butchering Knifes, Big spears etc....they seem scary..do auch damage...but when mezzed/stunned...no danger :p

J

Jiggs

and lurikeens make a nice sound when you squish them :)

its the mid classes that are hardest to tell tho, i mean you see a norseman is he a skald/healer/SBlade/Tank/whatever? hence i go for the kobolds and dwarves (tho some dwarves turn out to be skalds too :( )

O

old.Mitsu

A little tip to the sorcerers - Dont get a pet :D That little loghery man is just screaming PA PLZ!! MEZZER HERE!

F

Flimgoblin

or if you do - make it stand somewhere off to the side :)

T

Tyka

in hibernia all casters are mostly firbolgs and celts having a shield and wearing scale, go for the first, dont listen to wildfire he is just trying to fool you, always firbolgs & celts first, remember that and you will be victourious!

O

old.FIN

Tyka, thats albs r doing allrdy, make something new =)

i melee u dead with my cabby, im just uber

A

angara-ffs

Tyka, thnx for telling them ffs....now we will get killed over and over and over.

Thnx for sharing this crucial information with them.

T

Tyka

i'm sorry i like to be honest, mages=firbolgs with big sticks, always kill them first, oops i said it again.

O

old.FIN

tyka go harras peeps somewhere else =)

melee anytime

A

angara-ffs

Originally posted by Tyka
i'm sorry i like to be honest, mages=firbolgs with big sticks, always kill them first, oops i said it again.

Well, your honesty will get us all killed now...

O

old.BJ|Bored

This is albion wild, your going about it the wrong way

ppl with weaps in hand = lots hits/lots armour = ages to kill so very low rp return

ppl with sticks = casters= = low armr/hits = easy to kill so high rp return.

D

-Dreama-

you know what, I donøt give a damn WHAT you kill first, just pick one single damn target and go for it. When in afight 1fg vs. 1fg, and you're friendly Sorc gets the other group mezzed, that doesn't mean she did it so the group could fight 1vs1, She did it so your group could fight 8vs1 at a time.

D

Danya

Nooo leave the celts, attack the firbies, they are the most dangerous, can't you tell - they BIG, and BIG = DANGER! :D

A

angara-ffs

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
tyka go pull ur relic guards :p

Dont give the guy more ideas then he allready has.
Next thing he will try to pull an NPC from TNN :p

O

old.LandShark

If i may add one thing:

PBAErs.
Seriously folks, you see a caster run up to melee range, it's because he's about to PB nuke you for 600.
If it's mezzed, leave it messed. If it purges, SLAM IT. Do not count on being able to interupt it. Many of em, if not all, have the 30sec-of-uninteruptible-casting RA or the i-get-to-quickcast-twice RAs. You need to keep em stunned.

O

old.Wildfire

*cough* topped because I seriously doubt many have read this yet.

S

stupidshady

the ONLY thing I TRY to kill is the mezzers, then comes the nukers, but most of the time I get killd because:

1. Am only one going to kill them
2. Get like 10 trolls on me, and 20 nukes
3. Alrdy mezzd before I could get to em
4. THEY GOT F*CKING PBT ( pole is to slow :( )
5. The healer aint healing ( btw, this happens most of the times and rly can pisses me off )

O

old.Wildfire

Even if you're polearm spec, can't you change to a sword+board just to poke them with to get rid of the bladeturn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom