Class advice please

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Well I’ve gone and done it. 2 months after quitting I want back in – just re-ordered disks and will be starting again from level 1. I could use some advice.

Which realm would you start up with if you could choose again; which class would you prefer? I acknowledge that it’s a personal thing, so here’s my likes/dislikes:

I’m a RvR addict, generally hate PvE – played Friar, scout, reaver, pac healer, necro amd cleric. I may well be doing much of this solo without the aid of a bot unless it’s on Mid Excal where I may have limited access

Dislike the idea of:

Warrior/Armsman – dull
Stealthers – require bots so I would need 2 accounts
Any mezzers – I’m not of the CS generation ;-)
Healers – don’t solo so well

Kinda like the idea of:

Cave shammy?
Paly – though block bot may bore me

Cheers :clap:

Glorien

Fledgling Freddie
If you want to win in RvR then go Hib tbh, any caster class. ToA just brought more things that made Alb worse and Hib alot better, Mid are about half way.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
You didn't mention Minstrels?

An easy class to XP in a group. They might no longer be FOTM, but are still a valid and capable RVR class.

Or what about a Sorc or Ice Theurg?

In Hib I'd go for a Mana Eldy personally - more utility than a Chanter IMHO.

In Mid a Supp SM is apparently quite good. I've never played one though, but prefer to play a Healer, or a Shaman has a lot of utility.

Good luck :)

If you start back in Alb PM me and I'll square you a few coins.

P.S. What happened to your old account? Deleted or sold?

Lwofyre

Fledgling Freddie
If I'd have to reroll completly new and with NF ahead I'd choose hibernia. Casters seem to be the way to go atm and Hibs have the most versatile and interesting classes. My personal choice would be a mana eld or a valewalker.

Triuns

Fledgling Freddie
Minstrel Fotm? ofc.... spd bot no?, yeh!! xD
Lots of minstrel very dificult find a group.... i want go steal... without bb? mm some dificult, but wait i am fotm and can go solo... omg Sb Pa bb mate Free rps ofc.

But later minstrel Fotm.

Aoe mezz 5 sec cast time 29 duration xD.
Stund 9 sec duration ok but... with determination 2 secs?.
dds spend end and ok hit decent but ur pow very good leave.

Minstrel i think isn´t fotm

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
There are too much paladin's around already :/

Make a bard, seems fun.. :) or battle druid :p

bahamot

Fledgling Freddie
minstrel isnt that easy to level, now when every sorc got crack, why use minstrel? :)

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah mincers were out cos of the bb thing. Bards and sorcs are mezzers (see first post)
Played an eld ages ago was fast to level and fun so thats a maybe but I dont know anyone in Hib apart from Puppet and a couple more

Thanks for your opinions - keep em coming :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I noticed when a sorc joined group I was left having to melee with very low weapon spec, they mezz, nuke and get better mana regen eariler then mincers.

Tho they still seem wanted in groups its funny ;P

Funkybunny

Banned
hib needs more vw's imo ;) on prydwen were like.. 2-3 active lvl50s valewalkers.. sat down and talked to spetsnaz in druim ligen the other day and ppl almost laughed when they saw 2 lvl 50's valewalkers... we later grouped up, did a run in emain and saw the last lvl50 valewalker there... but valewalkers are a REAL funny class.. the visual effects, the damage output (when they hit), the lifetaps,insta interrupt-dot and the insta snare makes em hellova fun thing to play :)

AND.. they look SEXXEH!

http://homefree.freewave.no/~s1331543/sshot222.jpg

xcalibre256

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say consider playing a Theurg, mine's 47 Earth 26 Ice and 5hite air. You get speed/pbt, decent range of buffs and petspam. You'll get groups fairly easy and with New Frontiers you'll get decent RA at RR5.

I would recommend going Earth to 40, respec to air for the high DD nukes, air pets and area mez if you wanna go RvR, I know you don't want a mez class but it's not really your main skill, just an added helper.

If you stay earth like me you'll get less damage through your cold nukes, which are generally better resisted than spirit nukes from air as well, but with your earth petspam and 6 sec pbt you can solo just about any red and some low purples if you need to. Whether you choose earth for pbt and the fast long lasting pets or air for high damage, mez and pets that proc a stun I would say make ice your second skill, you'll get a moderate area root, see less variance on your ice nukes if you go earth, and the ice pets are awesome in RvR.

Anyway, I love my Theurg, but I'm sure it's not a class for everyone :p

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
bahamot said:
minstrel isnt that easy to level, now when every sorc got crack, why use minstrel? :)

Because a Minstrel can last more than a few hits without dying and can melee in an emergency...

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Mincers require bb's and they dont level easy - I had a level 30 ish one called Flute once

Theurgists - hm I used to have a low one of those too - seemed easy to level but lots of down time

Wiro

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
hib needs more vw's imo ;) on prydwen were like.. 2-3 active lvl50s valewalkers.. sat down and talked to spetsnaz in druim ligen the other day and ppl almost laughed when they saw 2 lvl 50's valewalkers... we later grouped up, did a run in emain and saw the last lvl50 valewalker there... but valewalkers are a REAL funny class.. the visual effects, the damage output (when they hit), the lifetaps,insta interrupt-dot and the insta snare makes em hellova fun thing to play :)

AND.. they look SEXXEH!

http://homefree.freewave.no/~s1331543/sshot222.jpg

Follow this man's advice, vw's are really loads of fun to play and shouldn't have that much of a hard time solo'ing.. rather too much solo since rvr groups aren't really waiting for a vw :m00:

Funkybunny

Banned
Wiro said:
Follow this man's advice, vw's are really loads of fun to play and shouldn't have that much of a hard time solo'ing.. rather too much solo since rvr groups aren't really waiting for a vw :m00:
and this is a very wise man ;) well.. you can have some fun times in rvr in grps too.. they so very well in tank-based rvr-grps... not that there are so many around... but just find a friendly bunch of ppl who gets to know you and you should be able to rvr too :)

Moona

Fledgling Freddie
Hib.
Mid :dont like there classes
Alb: been there done that

and could kill all my ex-guildies then :twak:

Apathy

Loyal Freddie
Be careful about choosing a VW...you might end up playing Hibernia's friar!

Although I really enjoyed playing one in PvE. Uber with a even a same-level bard bot in the group playing end song and healing now and then. Fun!

Make a wee kobold shaman. They are cute! And I'll buy it off you when your lady friend gets all angry. :)

a.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
do a shammie, not cave, buffing
you can still get high cave secondary
its just a great class, wish I played it from the start.

Mendark

Fledgling Freddie
Hib bard-druid-warden(ward needs bodyguard absolutely tho so not only lv50 for pve part). Mentalist is awesome class, not REALLY fotm but has nice potential. champ is fun solo if u have high shield but man if u looking for solo classes u'll need bb anywyay.

Mid shaman is REALLY needed lately coz they want active shammies for grps (endbot etc) but they're much more than endbots. toa'd shams can cast root before they even think about doing it. anyways shaman , sm is good, skald is funny but imo tanks = boring now on.. after playing wiz i get bored easily when hitting styles.

Alb..well u know alb classes well already. u can try a reaver for a change they rox. very clever class and they're TANX no kiddin

Imo.. come to alb m8 =(

---
Mendarkk - gonna-rule-df-friar
Alkmini cold butt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom