Clap Clap Well Done Goa Ffs

O

oblivion_6

Another time the server kicks good number of people off tries to update to US server then prevents any from loggin on

Jez man u guys are the bomb

O

old.Jerioth

I got the same problem.....

What ISP you guys on? I'm on BTopenworld :eek:

O

oblivion_6

dont think its isp related but im on bt broadband

A

Apathy

So you're all on the same ISP and can't connect...that is DEFINITELY GOA's fault.

a.

O

oblivion_6

well i know of 5 other people who are all on different isps who can connect

oh and btw openworld and broadband dont use the same servers m8 :)

A

Apathy

What "servers" would those be, exactly?

a.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by oblivion_6
well i know of 5 other people who are all on different isps who can connect

oh and btw openworld and broadband dont use the same servers m8 :)
no but they do use the same backbones

O

oblivion_6

hmmm ill try using dial up from work acct then see if that gets there

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Try doing a tracert (sp?) and see where the problem is. I would...but I can't be bothered. I need to kick the washing machine back to health. :mad:

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Try doing a tracert (sp?) and see where the problem is. I would...but I can't be bothered. I need to kick the washing machine back to health. :mad:

didnt you stop playing ?

I

ignoramus

I am on BT Openworld broadband.......

just LD me and made me update to 1.63 I think....

now it says password/account incorrect *shrug*

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by Sibanac
didnt you stop playing ?

Err...no. It was all a cunning ruse. :S

Actually, I am just crafting whilst I watch DVDs mainly. I don't have much else to do at the moment. :p

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Err...no. It was all a cunning ruse. :S

Actually, I am just crafting whilst I watch DVDs mainly. I don't have much else to do at the moment. :p

oh hehe well maybe i'll see you when i log in to slag chilly off

S

StormriderX

Another time the server kicks good number of people off tries to update to US server then prevents any from loggin on

Jez man u guys are the bomb

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

Paste that into your update.dat (open with notepad), and then make a back up copy for when game tries to patch you to u.s t.t

C

cadiva

Re: Re: Clap Clap Well Done Goa Ffs

Originally posted by StormriderX
Mythic Patch

Paste that into your update.dat (open with notepad), and then make a back up copy for when game tries to patch you to u.s t.t

You can also then make your update.dat file read only, this will stop it from being able to patch the US servers - it will just time out instead. Although this doesn't work for everyone, it has always worked for me.

And yep, keep a correct copy of the update.dat file somewhere else on your PC for easy repasting.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Isnt it about time they fixed this?

This is a know problem that loads of people have reported.

As a programmer im pretty damn sure this would only take the lowliest of their programmers a few mintues with the delete key just to remove this 'update feature'!

A

Ala

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
Isnt it about time they fixed this?

This is a know problem that loads of people have reported.

As a programmer im pretty damn sure this would only take the lowliest of their programmers a few mintues with the delete key just to remove this 'update feature'!

OMFG u r so right! If loads of us can fix it with a cut n paste ubah techo coding extraordinaire skillz then ffs sum overpriced IT dood can fix it permanantly!

This is ur last warning, fix da crap update bug or aahhhm gunna wup ur ass boy!!
:moon::whip:

O

oblivion_6

I think what must happen is that the software routes to the EU servers to get an update and for some reason if it cant reach them it goes to the US servers

I would hazard a guess that the EU version of the game must have some sort of flag in it to say "hi im the EU version" so surely the US servers would check this flag and tell the EU version to f00k off ?

But heay ive only been programming since i was hatched so i guess i dont know as much as the intern goa use :p

D

Driwen

I think what must happen is that the software routes to the EU servers to get an update and for some reason if it cant reach them it goes to the US servers

I would hazard a guess that the EU version of the game must have some sort of flag in it to say "hi im the EU version" so surely the US servers would check this flag and tell the EU version to f00k off ?

But heay ive only been programming since i was hatched so i guess i dont know as much as the intern goa use :p

or its in the client software somewhere hidden. As the client suddenly connects to the us server and where does it get that ip from?? And the us servers could say you aint europe client ;).

So I think mythic has to fix this one and they wont prolly do it. As its to much work and they do have better things to do (like to hit bug).

C

cadiva

Can't remember exactly what the wording was, but it's available via the RightNow technical section I think, but the problem is that the patcher is hard coded and locked by Mythic (ie GOA don't have control over it or its coding) and therefore when it times out connecting to the EU servers, it automatically then goes to check the US ones and starts to patch to them.
Or something similar to that at least ;)

A

Alkoran

Apparently it's a bit of self-repair code. GOA would change it if they were allowed, but they're not and Mythic doesn't really have much interest.

C

chi_

The US/EU clients are identical apart from the update.dat, the login screen, and the patch versions.

Users who are viewing this thread