Clans put into better Divisions

N

neo_coldasice

Hi im in neo

We were in Div 3 green.

Although we won this Division I found out half way through season that clan e-pwn got put straight into div 2.

neo have been in bwcsl for like 3 maybe more seasons and pisses me off big style.

Same happend with aer^ they got put into div 2 straight away.

Not happy

A

-adz-

Aer^ we're in division 2 i think you will find before the p2p move, they replaced Jpf a season or 2 ago

C

cannonfod

Aer^ , just took JPF's place i beleive and was same clan basically , and did neo win there division last season or do anything to justify being promoted?
Any how just look forward to next season as it should be more of a challange for u guys :)

E

ECA

Originally posted by neo_coldasice
Hi im in neo

Although we won this Division.

3 clans dropped out of your div, you only had to play 4 clans tbh.

A

andersschm

When clans join the league they get put into a division based on an estimate of how strong they are compared to other clans in BWCSL. Obviously this is not error free but I am confident that within a season or two new clans will find their natural level in the competition.

As for clans that are in the league already - if everytime a clan dropped out the old clans got pushed up to replace them and new clans come in at the bottom.. its going to be a very unbalanced league.

N

neo_coldasice

Re: Re: Clans put into better Divisions

Originally posted by ECA

3 clans dropped out of your div, you only had to play 4 clans tbh.

Not our fault is it?

We wanted to play more matches. We all payed money and only got 4 matches as you correctly said.

Im just saying I think clans that have put more into the bwcsl deserve the chance to get promoted before some new clan that has never been in bwcsl does.

R

RogueOne

Not really my business any more, since Block and Anders are running the show now, but I'm going to add my say anyway.

NEO won their division this season. That's fine. They get promotion. I don't think anybody is denying that. The number of clans in the division is irrelevant - I know that what happened with division 3 green was unfortunate and I'm sorry that there wasn't much I could do about it and it shouldn't be held against the clans who did play.

However, the reasons that NEO were in division 3 this season were good and sound reasons. When I ran the league, I was always HIGHLY unwilling to over-ride the promotion/relegation system unless I was given a bloody good reason to do so. For the most part, if a clan didn't win promotion, I found it best not to promote them. Obviously, with gaps opening up in the higher divisions, it's necessary to bring in clans to fill them, but in practice, it's best to bring in new clans who you think would flourish at that level rather than moving up an existing clan. If all new clans started in division 4, the league would get horribly broken very quickly indeed, for obvious reasons.

In addition, I always made it a matter of absolute, unbending policy NEVER to change a clan's division once the season had actually started. If a clan drops out of a division and you replace them with a new, external clan, that disrupts one division. If you move up a clan from another division, that disrupts two divisions and it isn't fair on a wide range of people.

Hope this clears things up.

N

neo_coldasice

Suppose

But it feels really fustrating at the time.

ta for the reply

Users who are viewing this thread