Clans leaving...

O

old.Quist

Tonite I've learned that 3 prem clans are to leave the league, whereof two due to bad pings...

We played BAD today and the had really bad ploss and lag and after one map they decided they had enought.

I later read in UEs topic that they are retiring from tfc...

After this a browse through ERAs website where I read that they will leave Bwtfcl due bad pings.

The fact is that I am yet to see or hear a good comment about the BW-server. Mý guess is that BW had a plan with changing ISPs and hope there are some things to do about this.

R

Rumble

Quite the opposite for myself. Struggling with a BT Openworld connection is hard at the best of times (to the extent when 56k guys have a better ping). Jolt is a joke with ploss and choke aplenty.

I look forward to BWTFCL games because I find that they are the most stable servers to me and im not alone in this analysis.

To be honest, im not surprised to see clans fold. With the advent of more online multiplayer games its testiment to Halflifes coding that TFC/CS has lasted as long as it has. Dark Age of Camleot is a current example of people leaving the fps shooter in their droves to pursue an new interactive experience without the elitest bullshit that abounds these days.

Another factor that I see on a daily basis is real life issues. People move on and playing takes a backseat when it comes to caring for the nipper or spending more time with the missus (groan).

Oops, just caught myself ranting again :), erm.....oh yeah, This is me giving a good comment about the BW servers. They are vastly superior to the others in my experience and currently i am considering to drop our clan jolt server in preference to a BW one.

siggy.gif

O

old.jethro_666

Yes, unfortunately our ISP (which most of the people in our clan have) is seriously fucking up the routing to barrysworld.

Most of the time our routing goes through a backup line via New York, which obviously doesn't do a lot of good for our connection.

Add the fact that we have a rather rookie team atm due to people leaving for DW and UE (go figure that :D) and you are heading for disaster. :)

So I thought it would be sensible to drop BWTFCL before people get realy annoyed and give up entirely.

We're also planning on dropping our BW server at the end of this month, because of the rather high expense and the poor routing we have from Belgium. We've already found a less expensive and better pinging replacement.

Good luck to the clans who hang in there tho.. Playing like this in BWTFCL wasn't fun anymore for us, and fun should be the main focus.

cheers

[BAD]Jeth out.

B

bigfoot

We are aware of the problem you are referring to, it is unlikely to be fixed for another month. There's not much more i can say other than sorry and i hope to see you back in the league when things are returned to normal.

O

old.[748]G-Man

aye we can't use our Icelandic players to play in BW matches as they get routed via the US for some strange reason :E pings are fine to Jolt and other servers, so dunno what the prob is !! i just wish BW would allow us to use our Jolt server with BW config so we could get these guys a game, after all they are the founders of the clan and can't play in the league which is unfortunate.
The rest of us are fine and we generally are able to pull a good 8 together but if 1/2 unavail tis a bit of a pisser !

[VIT]OmeG^a

M

Moön

I'm on ntl cable modem I get pretty much the best pings around, on our a&i clan server I'm usually pinging around 20 when its full as with the bwtfcl server's but last night when all server's were in use and running murderball which imo will give them quite a bit of a hammering, my packet loss and ping went through the roof .

I think this is a problem that only seems to occur when all the servers are being used at once as once all the people had left them all I went into a server and the ploss and ping were fine again. I didn't notice if our clan server was affected also at this time .

imo clans considering leaving should hold on just that bit longer, I cant see its any loss anyhow and we're working very hard to make improvements for the future e.i cs guard, won id recognition, server stats, new tfc maps etc .

p.s Tempest if you want to know more about bw server's m8 send one of yer chimps to come get me :)
p.p.s the fact you can run almost any game you want is really good fun for a clan to :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom