Clan Record System

Apocalypse

Fledgling Freddie
Now if this is a touchy subject please delete my post. :touch:

Anyway, It was sad when Barrysworld went under, we all know that. However there was one function that you had that I have never seen elsewhere and that was your clan system.

Where you could create a clan, add memebers, remove members, ask for recuirtment and so on.

Now if one was to come along and attempt to recreate some of this functionalty would people come and use it?

I was looking for a nice web project to sink my teeth into and this looks like a nice challenge, one that may never be 100% complete, but a working system I intend to create. ASP is my choice for it, so Access and MSSQL advantages.

Apocalypse

Fledgling Freddie
OK, why couldnt I find them :( , well since there are those out there I will do this website anyways for the challenge and see what becomes of it.

kanonfodda

Fledgling Freddie
Apocalypse said:
...Access...advantages.

sorry, you use access and advantages in the same sentence, think you may have missed a "dis" there mate ;)

access for web applications = wrong. go with the mssql option ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Aye I do miss that system we had at BW.

FH needs one :p

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
or, maybe even MySQL and PHP :p

funnily enougth i'm currently doing somthing simmilar :D
useing enemydown atm though untill i finish it

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Swift^ said:
No point in having it here unless FH are going to get a load of servers, and leagues to warrant the system.

Which ain't happening, clearly.

No. It is a service, don't need to host servers. Just somewhere for a ladder/membership style system. It would work.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
No point in having it here unless FH are going to get a load of servers, and leagues to warrant the system.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ooops

Time fixed on my server I use to access the forums.

Apocalypse

Fledgling Freddie
Well I am using SHN forum portal as my base (powered by snitz forums) and as it stands an access database. This is all nice for testing, if there is strain on the database I can always upgrade it to a MSSQL or (not sure how) to a mySQL.

ASP I find nicer than PHP due to the fact I use VB alot and the code is simalar and nice to use :D.

And for the note: I had had a look round the site that was mentioned by throdgrain and it aint a patch on what BarrysWorld had (no offence to the owners of that site if they are in here).

At the end of the day, I will produce something I like, and put it there to be used. If it is used then I will have a few browny points on my CV :D and I will have given something back to the community that has given so much to me and many others. If no one uses it, then so be it.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Heh enemydown aint a patch on Barrysworld ? Look mate Ive been on here for bloody years yeah, Im all for bw/fh where-ever possible, but that statement is plain silly.
ED have dozens of matches played everyday, you just cant compare it to the leagues we had in BW (yes I played in them too) , its a completely different thing.

Apocalypse

Fledgling Freddie
That was an opinion throdgrain, and as stated it was not meant to cause offence. (if it was I would probably been banned)

Now yes they are different things, and I did not question that, I see them as different things and in my opinion "it aint a patch on it".

But then again, I could compare the likes of downloads.com and fileplanet and say that downloads.com aint a patch on it. My opinion again, others will say different.

Apocalypse

Fledgling Freddie
OK, I will end by saying sorry for offending throdgrain and/or insulting ED, that was not my intention.

The question to clear it up:

If I built it, would it be used?

mank!

Part of the furniture
You're probably asking in the wrong forum really, the majority of regulars in here are irregular gamers now. Try the game specific forums, failing that, a rival GSP who bigfoot now works for is quite busy.

Padwah

Fledgling Freddie
Swift^ said:

Having a load of servers isn't really a necessity for the service to work, just look at the servers page on Enemy Down. Four servers running and three non-responsive, hardly pushing the boat out.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Enemy Down isnt about thier servers, its about the ones belonging to the clans who participate in the ladders :)
Will, no mate still work for Jolt atm :)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
throdgrain said:
Ive been on here for bloody years yeah

some would say "too long" :p

get out and get some life ya doddery old fart :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
when's the last time you went for a ride and ended up staying a couple of weeks in a place you've never been before Throd?
I know it's hard for us working blokes to get decent time off, but I'm going to NewZealand in november for a month. It's going to be my bestist chill-period since I went to Ireland 3 (is it three?) years ago. Time flies!!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
When you have a family m8 that stuff has to take, well not so much a back seat as no seat at all.
I did go to Barcelona (among other places) on me bike a few weeks ago :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
aye, troo that :) I'm a bit edgy about leaving the gf for my month of relaxation (and downhill mountainbiking) on the other side of the planet....but not as edgy as she is heheheh ;) she had me by the jewels (not literally) and made me promise many things I shan't mention here lest the lads post pictures of thumbs and how much I'm under them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom