Claimed artifact hunts... Discuss!

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Recently i've been asked by a number of people to help out with various artifact encounters, some guys i've known for some time and some complete strangers.

My usual reply to these requests is "Sure, i guess it's ffa to roll for it?" And more and more often i get a "Well, i kinda hoped to get it for myself" in return which usually results in a "Sorry, not interested if i can't roll".
This has really nothing to do with if i want the arti or not, but the fact that i don't even get the chance to roll for it kinda sets me off.

This is something that i've only seen since the release of ToA, imagine Sidi raids with all the drops already claimed... Wouldn't be very popular would they?

Many times i've helped anyway (at least if it's a friend of mine asking for help) but this greed attitude is starting to get me to a point where i decline to help even if it's a friend asking.

The drop from an encounter, no matter if it's an arti or any other PvE hunt belongs to the group that finished the encounter/killed the epic mob/ran a long way all over the realm to help out and spent a lot of time doing so. But that's just my opinion, feel free to tell me i'm an idiot if you think so, but tell me why if so or i'll just disregard it.

Remember, this is not a "QQ i want more artis for myself" whine, i just would like to hear your view on this phenomenon.

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
If you don't mind me replying in Alb forum.. :)

I think it's ok to do artifact hunt and ask people to help to get artifact to yourself.
Main point is that if you're selfish, greedy and have never helped anyone before, it's not like anyone is going to join up to help you with the artifact.
Also the one putting artifact hunt together usually does bit more work than the others joining it, like checking the encounter again and again and again if it's up :)
Of course, it's also good to do artifact hunt where everyone or atleast those who need it can random for it, but that way you've no idea if the people might be rolling for it for need or just greed.
If you arrange hunt to get artifact and ask people to help you, you most likely need it for actual template (people might get bit suspicious if you ask the mto raid same arti for yourself 10 times or so).
Obviously, people who join to help you for these types of raids are usually your friends and guildies, generally people you've helped before on their artifacts or other stuff.
It's always up to the people joining to decide if they wanna join this type of raid.

The most important part of course is to make it very clear beforehand what the rules for the loot are (like in all raids). If it's little artifact encounter, you can tell people you're gonna claim artifact but not lotto for any other loot (I've often done this).

The main thing in raids where the artifact is claimed by someone is that he probably has done something nice to the people who join to help him because otherwise they wouldn't. Maybe he's helped them on similar raid, or the others know they're going to need help with some other artifact later etc.

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Cirandi said:
Recently i've been asked by a number of people to help out with various artifact encounters, some guys i've known for some time and some complete strangers.

And one more comment about complete strangers. Nope, I probably wouldn't join to help some complete stranger either. Unless I for example had artifact raid coming I knew of. Then I could ask if he'll come help me on that later if I help him on this and perhaps we could find way to help eachother.

Ariacs

Fledgling Freddie
Personally, I dont mind helping ppl get artifacts even if i cant roll and I think claiming an arti drop is ok. If I camped a mob for 12hours(did this for Nailahs) then I would kinda want to get the drop after doing that when ppl just come along to help.

Jebelious

Fledgling Freddie
i have done many arti runs to help people and for rolling, if people need the arti and im not busy then i will help them get the artifact. just dont ask strangers if they want to help if you want the arti ask guildies only tbh.

Tractartus

Fledgling Freddie
If its a stranger and not a ffa roll i'll be unlikely to join in. If its someone I know I'll usually try to help. If I need the arti too I would probably ask for a roll on it, and that we join up again to help the other get it at a later date.

Funkybunny

Banned
guild = the one arranging gets the arti hes after...
non-guild = ffa..

imo... fyi... tyvm

Morimdin

Banned
how would you like to camp a artifact for 5-20 hours, then have someone else win the lotto? tbh if you diden't think of just yourself you'd understand it :/

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Imo the sec u start camping (dosnt matter if u lucky spawn after 10 sec or 25 hours) its your artifact. Never had problem getting ppl, just help them when they need their artis then they help u. Camped Nailahs over 48 hours, but over a cupple of days, didnt wanna role for it with that time use. Then 2 days later i came by while lvling it, saw he was op (lol?), called friend who needed it, and help him get it. As long u help others i think its no problem to claim the arti if u camped or are the only one needing.
But the drops, i think shall be lottoed always, maybe a few ecepts but not many.

Just my vision on the arti rollings :)

Wazkyr

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
If someone asks for help to get a artifact and I’m not busy I’ll help most of the time as long as I don’t believe its just to sell.

As for rolling for a artifact you don’t want I don’t see the point. Suppose it comes down to how you play the game. Make someone’s day or ruin someone’s day and make a few plat of toy money selling a artifact you didn’t want.

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
It's no big deal imo, if someone asks u if u wanna help get an arti that u also want, then u could reply something like this: "I'd like that arti too, can we lotto for it?"

If the person who asked u to help says he won't lotto for it... he's been camping the spot for so and so many hours or something, then say: "Ok m8 I'll help, hope u'll help me when I try to get it then ;)" Get him to commit to this before u help him. :)

:wij:

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
a guildie die atlantis tablet (dunno if it's called that), they needed a paladin, he didn't want to join if it ain't FFA, he couldn't use the artifact, he won it, and sold it on his CM, qq guildie.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I don't mind helping sombody I know with an Artifact and letting them keep it, but if its some random person runs up to me and asks for help i'm going to expect somthing for my troubles (in this case, the right to roll for the Artifact).

Its hardly unreasonable.

Brolundar

One of Freddy's beloved
I think there is another question.
Why i shouldn't help him to get an artefact, which, may be, saves my live in rvr later?
Why I shouldn't help, if there are side-drops much more useful to my chars then artefct itself?
Why I shouldn't help, if I may need help too for some other thingies?

That the way to archive bigger things in a faster time.
Just remember its only a game, not rl or a business to live from.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Phusion said:
a guildie die atlantis tablet (dunno if it's called that), they needed a paladin, he didn't want to join if it ain't FFA, he couldn't use the artifact, he won it, and sold it on his CM, qq guildie.

What a greedy **** :/

Anyway, if someone camps a spawn solo or with 1-2 people that needs a fg or so for the encounter and you go there with a fg, i think your fg you are in should create a bg and let them roll for lotto.Those people who camped spawn wouldn't mind if they were decent people they would realise they couldn't of done it anyway so they may aswell join the bg.

If they had others incoming then it's a different story, then you give them 10mins or so and if no one comes do the above i think.

Oh well people can play how they wish but that's just my view on camped artifacts.

Aeatan

Fledgling Freddie
I see this system as a coupon system. Help me with getting the artifact I want and you get a coupon which is exchangable for a favor.
Strangers who don't have any coupons don't get any favors from me. That's the way it works. (Or, could work, because I usually do help others out, even if they're strangers, and if not it's because I got something else to do or I'm not in the right mood, but I see that this could work for others and I suppose it does. Personally I care little for the ToA stuff).

However, for friends I'm always willing to help.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
My least favourite thing in the world...

Artifacts do seem to bring out the greed in a lot of ppl in the game.

I've had arguments where other ppl have become a little abusive in pm's when you won't drop whatever ever you're doing there and then to help them get an artifact that they've supposedly 'booked' and noone else knows anything about.

Yet these same ppl are always too busy to help themselves...

TBH, teh majority of ppl who ask for help are genuine about the need for an arti to complete their template and thats all well and good. But the few who do it, just to sell the arti and get a few coins for their bank account annoy the hell outta me :twak:

All things being even, I'm happy to help an in game friend, guildy or not, as long as it's a genuine need for the artifact, they have the scrolls to activate it, have asked politely for assistance when I'm not mid raid somewhere and they help others in return...

Doesn't happen that often!!!

Chalcodes

Fledgling Freddie
I have had total strangers pm me and ask for help doing an artifact just because I was in the zone. If I'm free I'll go help and see no reason why I should roll for. They have obviously been looking/waiting for it. If it is an itme I do want then at least I will get credit which is a step in the right direction

I think a lot of the greed came in with Housing. Before that a lot of nice items changed hands for free or very cheaply but now people can put stuff on there cm's for hassle/guilt free selling.

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Chalcodes said:
I have had total strangers pm me and ask for help doing an artifact just because I was in the zone. If I'm free I'll go help and see no reason why I should roll for. They have obviously been looking/waiting for it. If it is an itme I do want then at least I will get credit which is a step in the right direction

I think a lot of the greed came in with Housing. Before that a lot of nice items changed hands for free or very cheaply but now people can put stuff on there cm's for hassle/guilt free selling.

=======================

Yup, absolutely.

Half the problem is the stupid prices ppl charge/pay for some of these items/scrolls. Used to be you would go on a Sidi raid for 8 hours, maybe get 1 item that was worth a few plat. Now, if u get lucky u can harvest a bagfull of scrolls worth a few plat each. Even some of the items from quests you can solo sell for plats.

I've given artis away I got on raids to people who really needed them. I've been refused artis by people who clearly don't then sell them. Heh, seems like you get punished for being honest/honourable a lot of the time.

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
About helping with artifacts

I think its great that people when asked will help others get artifacts that they realy need to even be able to havea reasonable chance of competing in rvr, Fact remaining without artifacts youre charecter will simply be much less easier to play now since toa. As for the argument isit fair to ask people to coem help you with no reward to themselves ie you get the artifact no rolling, i seriously dont think theres problem with this unless that person when called upon is willing to help you do the same. I dont think theres a single person who hs killed eramai<cloudsong> more times than me with gettign no drop. im now waiting for my 60th kill for cloak and tbh those i ask to come already getting my help on artis and scroll famring so i call upon them to help me and we even laugh about it in /gu how many times ive been unlucky due to guilds either coming alnoig while grp formgin and killing the mob or it not being poped due to those that hav farmed mobs and put stuff on there cms...TBH nerf that!!!!....

End of day help those that help you and all will be fine no need for whine no need to loto atall the artifacts as time wil eventualy give all of us a chance to get them:p

LOL 59 times i kid you not btw:p seen it drop but lost out on loto so im gogin the way of i get drop and il help you on youre turns:p attitde:p nerf those that got it 1st time around hehehe

RaZieL SoulReaver

Fledgling Freddie
Artis

Well i gotta say i have got alot of encounters completed and no artis to show for them and i dont really care because i dont mind helping anyone out but i have a few artis myself im am up for starting an arti hunt where we roll for what ever we get and do most where every type of class can have a chance to roll for the item

leviathane

Part of the furniture
tbh toa has brought greed to this game, never met so many greedy ppl in all my life.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Why are people so greedy for getting an item and don't just wanna help others?

If I help someone with an arti, and don't need it at all, I'm not even gonna try to get it, because I helped him/her because he/she NEEDS it!

You only need an artifact once, and not more than that.

Getting them just to sell them, that's greedy.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Xeanor said:

Selling SoM to me for 7 plat now that is greedy! Now sell it to me for 700 gold imo!
:m00:

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
I'll usually go along to help if its someone I know and am rarely bothered about any drops. Usually if someone is working their way down their contact list for help, most peeps will oblige, time permitting.

If its someone I don't know it depends on the mood I'm in or how busy/lazy I'm feeling.

If its someone I know is an item whore and/or selfish, they'll be politely refused. Been in guilds with some of these types and I simply can't be assed to waste my time on greedy people.

If its someone posting on forums, I'd expect FFA, and hope that peeps are willing to repeat it a bit.

Often when I'm helping out its friend-of-a-friend type thing but still not worried about items. Actually, I'm more likely to go along if its an encounter I've never done before, simply because I like doing new things.

One last consideration which sometimes makes a difference, which may make me sound like a nob to some: I'll also have a think about how much that person helps their team (i.e. realm) as a factor. This is arguably a subset of those that help others more, but still, its something that goes through my head.

Some random rambling:

Still only got one arti on Oro (which Mairghead gave me) and its not even lvl1 yet as I soooooooo can't be bothered going somewhere I'd have to solo to level it. Got 2 active on Elim mainly because someone showed me where the encounters were and they happened to be up at the time and a 3rd not yet activated as I need FG to go do the encounter and hate bothering people.

Darklis

One of Freddy's beloved
Xeanor said:
Why are people so greedy for getting an item and don't just wanna help others?

If I help someone with an arti, and don't need it at all, I'm not even gonna try to get it, because I helped him/her because he/she NEEDS it!

You only need an artifact once, and not more than that.

Can't agree more. imo helping people get better means we're 0.0001% less likely to get ganked in frontiers :)

The one thing ToA has done to the game is make the greedy, selfish players greedier and more selfish.

If a friend asks me for help with an arti, I'll help, SB's have helped me get pretty much all mine, hell Seksy even led an arti raid for me for my birthday, bless him.

Just me two pennyworth, bring on the flameyness I guess!

D xx

Oh and Oro, tell me what one you need and we shall sort it hun :)

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
I must say, I have some artifacts in my vault too which I don't need, they're mine though, because I got them myself, not with the help of 7 other people.

Oh, and if I should help someone with Danos, and a GoV drops, I'd get wild for having it too, but I've helped that guy to help him get it, so I'm just gonna ask for the other drops the mob drops. :)

Artifact for the guy who needs it, rest of the drops for others? Sounds fair to me.

elanoreth

Fledgling Freddie
my favorite system is to do artis and only those who have a complete set of scrolls for the arti can roll... this should be the standard tbh its fair.

i've helped so many ppl do arti's but can never seem to get a group together to do any artis for myself, basically all the artis i have have been gotten by getting a close group of friends together and doing it and them giving me the arti at the end.

It never ends there being a cleric its a pain to actually level artis now me having artis at high level benifits everyone i group with yet no one seems to care enough to help me level them because they don't gain anything from it..

My oppinion is if someone wants your help and they are a stranger and don't want a FFA roll.. and you haven't got anything better to do.. why the hell not help them.. who knows you might make a friend and perhaps we can stop arguing amongst ourselves and help each other be strong in the face of mids and hibs

Elanoreth 50 friendly cleric

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom