city of heroes

Karam_Gruul

Banned
cant be arsed reading through the other 20 page long threads to find out, just want a straight answer. is it any good, and can you buy it in the UK? (aint on amazon).

danke

SilverHood

FH is my second home
It has the best PvE I've seen in any MMO so far.

It looks good, the character creator is incredibly fun to use.
It's very stable, hardly any lag, and the abilities in game are incredibly cool.... flying, teleporting and jumping like the hulk are all possible.

http://www.lank-fu.com/heroes/

Some screenies I have lying about on my PC... yes, the ice rink is a form of crowd control (very effective too)

Be warned tho, XPing at levels after 15 takes longer than a level after 45 in DAOC does.

Karam_Gruul

Banned
so... where do ya order it from? cant get it from shops in the UK yet can you? do you need to order it directly from the website or somut?

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Karam_Gruul said:
so... where do ya order it from? cant get it from shops in the UK yet can you? do you need to order it directly from the website or somut?

You can order it from:

http://www.dvdboxoffice.com

They send stuff all over the world for very little cost.
To Sweden the shipping is free.
They are based in Canada, but when I've ordered DVDs they have sent them from the UK.
So I guess they have some sort of Warehouse there.

Eroa

Banned
its only US servers tho aint it?

Played ffxi which was us server based and time schedual just sucked for me. Wont do it agan. Can consider trying this game if it gets EU servers.

Cyfr

Banned
I wouldn't recommend dvdboxoffice, I got FFXI from them and it took weeks of phoning em to get the game (many others had same problem from dvdboxoffice). They promissed to ship on release date but obviously didnt :)

Karam_Gruul

Banned
so where would ya reccomend? wheres best to get it from?

also, how comes its not being release in the UK ? :/ or is it? just not yet.. ?

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Last I heard they were talking to a European publisher, but if the deal does go through, it'll be ages away, methinks.

That's if it gets published in Europe at all.

Karam_Gruul

Banned
ahh well, ordered it from dvdboxoffice anyway, hopefully it'll be alright.

so look out for super karam

can you wear thongs in this game?

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Karam_Gruul said:
ahh well, ordered it from dvdboxoffice anyway, hopefully it'll be alright.

so look out for super karam

can you wear thongs in this game?

I've never had problems with them, they arnt super fast at delivering (its free shipment). But I've never had to wait more then 1 week from when I've ordered (if it wasn't backordered).

Yes you can have thongs.
And underwear on the outside of your pants :)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
SilverHood said:
Be warned tho, XPing at levels after 15 takes longer than a level after 45 in DAOC does.

hmm, what is the maximum level then? oO

To XP do you wander around the city looking for criminals, or can you camp spawn sites and kill stuff as it pops?

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
You can wander the streets killing random criminals, or get an indoor mission.

With indoor missions, you spawn into a completely seperate instance of a warehouse/office/whatever, with all the bad guys inside waiting for you, so that you have the entire warehouse to yourself. (Unless you get a team together and do the mission).

Oh, and I wouldn't say that a lvl after 15 = a daoc level after 45. Getting from 17 -> 18 took me a day and a half (ish) of soloing/teaming. From level 40 -> 41 in Daoc took me two months :p

Karam_Gruul

Banned
is there a bad word to be said about this game? this is one of the first mmorpgs i've ever seen that has gotten through beta and i havnt seen a single negative post about it yet, and thats after looking through some of the official general forums just now. theres usually a few people saying, its absolutely terrible etc... but, i've never seen anyone yet say something like that about it, must be good :/ quite looking forward to it now.....

but how long will dvdboxoffice take to send it? will it be a week from the date its released? :/ by then i could be dead....

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, the only way I think the devs can fuck this game up is if they don't add enough new content, and/or start nerfing things right left and centre.

Alrindel

Fledgling Freddie
Karam_Gruul said:
is there a bad word to be said about this game?

Only that the game is 100% fighting against AI mobs and farming XP to level up. It's well done and it's fun, but you have to decide how long that's going to stay fun and enjoyable for you personally, and then work out whether or not it's worth a $50 box plus $15/month to you. There will be some sort of PVP added with the first expansion, but that's a long way off.

On the technical side, there really isn't a bad word to be said about it. The client is solid and stable as long as you're using the latest graphics drivers, and it runs very well even in big battles, at least on the two machines I've played it on. The devs and server admins seem to be on the ball: yesterdays pre-order release was a couple hours late and they had some problems at first, but they got it sorted quickly enough.

Karam_Gruul

Banned
Alrindel said:
Only that the game is 100% fighting against AI mobs and farming XP to level up. It's well done and it's fun, but you have to decide how long that's going to stay fun and enjoyable for you personally, and then work out whether or not it's worth a $50 box plus $15/month to you. There will be some sort of PVP added with the first expansion, but that's a long way off.

On the technical side, there really isn't a bad word to be said about it. The client is solid and stable as long as you're using the latest graphics drivers, and it runs very well even in big battles, at least on the two machines I've played it on. The devs and server admins seem to be on the ball: yesterdays pre-order release was a couple hours late and they had some problems at first, but they got it sorted quickly enough.

hmm.. i kinda like only pve tho tbh, thats what eq was and it was great. just a matter of the mobs becomming more challenging as you lvl up i suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom