News CIA used fake vaccines to find Bin Laden

Chilly

Balls of steel
the vaccines were not fake, the programme was fake. They were giving out polio shots by the sound of it, but for no good reason other than to get genetic samples.

Fucking shrewd if you ask me. Fuck Pakistan if they can't admit the whole reason it was so hard to find old bin laden was because they were complicit in hiding him.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
the vaccines were not fake, the programme was fake. They were giving out polio shots by the sound of it, but for no good reason other than to get genetic samples.

Fucking shrewd if you ask me. Fuck Pakistan if they can't admit the whole reason it was so hard to find old bin laden was because they were complicit in hiding him.

Have to agree, they gave them something useful for free whilst gathering intelligence, a fair trade and no one was hurt by it. Fuck Pakistan indeed, they hid Osama for years because it helped them bleed billions out of the yanks in military aid which they used to bolster forces designed to attack India instead of counter-terrorism.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
christ people are reading conspiracy theories into everything these days.

If Pakistan had got their finger out of their arse instead of trying to keep both sides happy for so long the US wouldnt have had to get down and dirty to find him.

Like cho says, a lot of people got a shot they wouldnt have got through their own government, and as a side effect the CIA got confirmation their man was in the area, I really dont see the problem, its not like its something they can do for every case theyre looking into, theyd go bankrupt.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
sorry to say this but let them die if they dont get a vaccination. evolution of brain power, those that use their brain will surfive those that dont die.

In the end it is your own responsibility to get a vaccine not someone elses.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Agree with Chilly and Cho, damned smart move from the yanks for once.

Laddey

FH is my second home
sorry to say this but let them die if they dont get a vaccination. evolution of brain power, those that use their brain will surfive those that dont die.

In the end it is your own responsibility to get a vaccine not someone elses.
What about places where they cant get access to the vaccine?

3rd world countries and shit? Surely they dont deserve to die.

Sorry i dont mean to sound a cvnt or start an arguement but your statement is turd!

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
read the article please and dont jump to conclusions.

the part of what I responded to is:

“It is challenging enough for health agencies and humanitarian aid workers to gain access to, and the trust of, communities – especially populations already sceptical of the motives of any outside assistance.”

They are being offered the vaccines already the trouble is getting them to accept them, not about getting them to Pakistan

And are we really talking about a third world country? A country that can spend billions on develloping nuclear weapons?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
well they obviously accepted them from the CIA, maybe they should try harder.........

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes we are talking about a third world country, despite their military spending, their population are deprived.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
ah sorry i misread the article, i thought they were fake vaccines, but the vaccines were real, but the program was not

still not exactly ethical taking peoples DNA samples without permission (but when has the CIA ever cared about ethics? :p )

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Probably care for ethics just as much as Bin Laden cared about the west.

For the Americans it's pretty much job done now, hence Obama announcing a timetable for withdrawal from Afghanistan just a couple of weeks after the assassination. Which also means we can graciously follow.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Have to agree, they gave them something useful for free whilst gathering intelligence, a fair trade and no one was hurt by it. Fuck Pakistan indeed, they hid Osama for years because it helped them bleed billions out of the yanks in military aid which they used to bolster forces designed to attack India instead of counter-terrorism.
They hid Osama? based on what exactly?

The yanks gave them billions to get into the country and set up bases in the region, and now they are there they will never leave
You do realise a large proportion of drone attacks into Afghanistan were launched from a Pakistani air base in Shamsi right?

The only thing keeping them from turning the region into the wild west (see Iraq where they had unilateral control) is the ISI, which they are doing their best to discredit. Go figure :rolleyes:

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Yes we are talking about a third world country, despite their military spending, their population are deprived.

Not necessarily. Despite this the term 'Thrid World' has been defunct for some time - 20 years at least. (I know you didn't use it first in this thread Ch3t) At the very least MDC, MEDC, NIC, RIC, LEDC, LDC should be used nowadays and even that doesn't voer all of them.

This is a truly awesome thing to look at and laugh/cry at, compare your nations people and play with it's interactivity, it throws up some surprises!:

International Human Development Indicators - UNDP

It does worry me that Pakistan is easily the least developed country with nuclear capability.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Who cares it all means the same thing. "Third World" or all that bloody acronym crap you still know what someone means.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
because you cant compare nations like Pakistan or something similar to nations like Somalia Congo etc.
The whole definition of third world country just is crap. If we go back it ment that the country was not a western capitalistic country (first world) or communist country (second world). how much value does that still have?

You have countries that need help and those that should be able to devellop themselves.
in my opinion a third world country is one that needs the help and has no money to spend on weapons.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes fine if you are writing an paper for uni or are in politics but for a short discussion on a gaming forum I think 3rd world sums it up just fine

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well you brits live in a third world country anyway, you don't even have pipes shaped like Y to remove an unnecesssary tap :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nevermind, it's a joke about needing different taps for hot/cold water ;)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i think this is what he means;

common taps in UK:
475_ecbf04cp.jpg

common way in scandinavia:
Copper_hot_and_cold_faucet_single_hole.jpg_200x200.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom