Chronicles

O

old.Filip

-------
Chronicles

A few week away from the coming patch (translation of 1.61 already started), with still no new working Chronicles, our team met the lead-designer of the parsing tool at the E3. To sum-up the discussion, it will be best to wait for the "new" tool, currently used by Mythic, offering a direct synchronisation with the saved characters. This new parsing tool will be integrated in the coming patch.

--------

im a computer noob .... but i cant understand why US servers from the introduktion of the herald had it running with no interrupts...

and we play the same game ??

it should only be some tekst file's they should change rigth ?

but it cant be .... goa must have changed something else than text ... but why ??

this still puzzel's me ...

some1 not as stupid as me to computers plz explain this ..

Filip

K

Karnage

They might have a slighlty different hardware setup, and they pobably have pratted around with stuff, so the output coming from the game to them is gonna be slightly different.

Still it wouldn't take more than a few tweaks to sort it out.

Either they're being lazy or they have buggered up something proper that they need Mythic to fix :p

O

old.Filip

i like italian and taiwan kitchen better ... allso the latin kitchen is more appealing..

so what can french REALLY do ?......

Filip

F

Flimgoblin

funny characters :)

the mythic servers don't allow strange european characters (like umlauts or thingies under the c's)

ours do - look at the various guilds with funny o's an aes

at least that's my guess

that or the changes to the db for all the events and strange npcs etc. break it?

T

Tyka

lets make our own chronicles, everyone post their rps/etc here and filip makes a final list ok ?

O

osy

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
funny characters :)

the mythic servers don't allow strange european characters (like umlauts or thingies under the c's)

ours do - look at the various guilds with funny o's an aes

at least that's my guess

that or the changes to the db for all the events and strange npcs etc. break it?

/points

Troooooll !!! It worked before, isn't it ?

W

-Wedge-

I like Tyka's idea :clap:

2042302 (I think, out of my head)

Our guild has
26084201 (give or take a small number)

Common fillip, there's work to be done... :m00:

On another note, in the time it takes for Mythic to get a good extraction utility, I could have made my own... Guess GOA is really just a bunch of translators with no (competent) developers...

O

old.Filip

Ya ya ... keep dreaming ..

but i can post own rps and guild...

Filip Frispark
1,67 mill rps (rr6,9)

Guild rps

Herfølge Boldklub

61,5 mill Rps

Filip

O

old.Zeikerd

Maybe they have a problem with all the strange characters the european people use in their names and guild names :)

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by old.Filip
i like italian and taiwan kitchen better ... allso the latin kitchen is more appealing..

so what can french REALLY do ?......

Filip

((= nice discussion =))

R

redknapp

All that pisses me off is that GOA spent x amount of time on the shite "special" event on Midgard, that nobody could work out, and to the best of my knowledge didnt even have a lore element for the 9 Excalibur RPers.

Then again, having seen some of those old French films, I wasnt too shocked to find the whole thing made no sense at all.

C

censi

Their inability to fix this for over 3 months now is quite frankly a fooking disgrace.

I would bet my bottom dollar too its a real simple problem.

It has to be something obvious if its specific to hibs

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Problem is, it would become apparent how many stupid, lame ass SB's there are, so GoA is keeping the chronicles from working.
That is my conspiracy theory :)
Regards, Glottis

O

old.Filip

HAHA glottis !!!

conspiraty theory's FORTHEWIN!!!

V

Vladdie

Basically i can assure you the problem is NOT easy to solve or of minor nature.
A real time parsing tool is reading data from a server and writing this data into a Database. Without going into detail about general layout of relationship based DBs i can pretty much assure you dynamic input into a Db is one of the most complicated problems in this subject atm worldwide and errortracking is pure horror trust me.
The fact only hib is affected most likely results from the general layout, i.e. having no links between realms.
If i knew what the prob was and if random guessing on a whine forum could solve those probs either i would be a lot richer or if wasnt a real problem.
Oh and in case you wanna call me names or something be more than sure i dont give a flying lol.

O

osy

Originally posted by Vladdie
Basically i can assure you the problem is NOT easy to solve or of minor nature.
A real time parsing tool is reading data from a server and writing this data into a Database. Without going into detail about general layout of relationship based DBs i can pretty much assure you dynamic input into a Db is one of the most complicated problems in this subject atm worldwide and errortracking is pure horror trust me.
The fact only hib is affected most likely results from the general layout, i.e. having no links between realms.
If i knew what the prob was and if random guessing on a whine forum could solve those probs either i would be a lot richer or if wasnt a real problem.
Oh and in case you wanna call me names or something be more than sure i dont give a flying lol.

so what's your cuisine specialty ?

C

censi

A real time parsing tool is reading data from a server and writing this data into a Database

and whats complicated about that ffs. Its just data conversion. Sourcing data from one place, converting it into XML and dumping it someonwhere else. It could have only taken about 1-2 hours to design the fooking chronicles mechansim. 3 months, fuck off they havent figured it out. Basically GOA have reported the underlying problem to Mythic, and nothing has been done. We cant blame GOA for this, but who knows how activily they have been pursuing mythic for a solution.

Theres no excuse, this is beyond piss poor.

C

censi

A real time parsing tool is reading data from a server and writing this data into a Database

and whats complicated about that ffs. Its just data conversion. Sourcing data from one place, converting it into XML and dumping it someonwhere else. It could have only taken about 1-2 hours to design the fooking chronicles mechansim. 3 months, fuck off they havent figured it out. Basically GOA have reported the underlying problem to Mythic, and nothing has been done. We cant blame GOA for this, but who knows how activily they have been pursuing mythic for a solution.

Theres no excuse, this is beyond piss poor.

O

oblivion_6

surely the XML files are still being generated? its just the parser that aint pickin em up and shit?

if so why cant mythic give us the refrences and we can do it ourselves?

heck ill knock something up in xml in a night for us if they did

O

oblivion_6

Originally posted by Vladdie
dynamic input into a Db is one of the most complicated problems in this subject

lol no its bloody not i wrote this kinda thing in 1st year

All you do is set up your db to pick up the updates and have a server program to send the updates

wheres the complication?

if all your sending is

Name, Lvl, Guild, class, rps

thats hardly gonna make a massive DB

G

Gorbash

actually, the amount of data held on a single character is quite a fair bit.

e.g. for a single guild character, your looking at about this much information :

<character name="Gorbash Deblade" laston="Recently">
<class> Infiltrator </class>
<level> 50 </level>
<race> saracen </race>
<rank> 2 </rank>
<realmpoints> xxxx </realmpoints>
<weekrps> xxxx </weekrps>
<anon> No </anon>
</character>

now, you multiply that by the 3000 odd players on the server, and all the alts they have, your talking about quite a lot of outputted data. Now i wrote a program a while ago to parse a single guild XML roster (taken from the game server) into a table database and re-code it to HTML (roughly the same amount of output as XML), and the actual code generation took a fair amount of time (about 40 seconds i think for the entire listing).

plus each guild XML contains a ton of data on alliance members, guild highest crafters and current guild rankings etc etc.

now you multiply that by however many guilds are on the server in all three realms and your looking at about 1-2 hours of data generation time. this is the problem with the current system as GOA have stated (also with the parser not picking up on certain details in hibby for some reason)

plus the server generates seperate XML data for LISTS of guilds, and probably of single players etc as well.

im not defending GOA here, im just pointing out that it may be a bit more complex than what people think.

P

Powahhh

Originally posted by Gorbash

im not defending GOA here, im just pointing out that it may be a bit more complex than what people think.

agree
but 3 months?
give me a break
we pay a game 12E/month

my opinion is that the goa programmers are soooo retards :puke:

3 MONTHS.!!!111111111111111111111111111111111111

V

Vladdie

Originally posted by oblivion_6
lol no its bloody not i wrote this kinda thing in 1st year

All you do is set up your db to pick up the updates and have a server program to send the updates

.....! /shakes head no

You have no bloody idea what you are talking about.........

Users who are viewing this thread