Chronicles gone fubar?

S

SilverHood

Hasn't updated in a week now....
I think Kemor posted something some time ago... can't remember what exactly.... any of you quote people remember?

A

acei

Originally posted by SilverHood
Hasn't updated in a week now....
I think Kemor posted something some time ago... can't remember what exactly.... any of you quote people remember?
The war room part is updating, absolutely none of the guild and other XML parts though :(

O

old.Xarr

maybe it's si messing up stuff because of the new classes or something...

S

StormriderX

Most probably down to that since they had a lot of trouble with the xml when sc+alch was introduced, so maybe same problem different cause (new classes instead of trades :p )

O

old.Belorfyn

XML-fiels for Prydwen have been updated just 10 minutes ago. Updates seem to work bit funny though (noticed it before too), RP's and all have been updated but our alts don't seem to show up in guild yet even though we added them. There was new classes in some of the files though so some guilds have had their memberlist updated.
PS. Duskwave.com DAoC doesn't support new classes just yet, will support them by the end of the day though :)

S

StormriderX

How come excal always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to xml updates?

O

old.Belorfyn

Originally posted by stormriderx
How come excal always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to xml updates?

Dunno about that but Prydwen and Camlann don't seem to be doing so good in these xml files either... All hibbies have gone missing!

A

Alrindel

guild name="Silent Death"
realm="Albion"
activechars="0"
activemembers="0"
guildrp="4802599"

Well that's about twice as many realm points as we had before... unfortunately the guild seems to have been stolen by Albion and all members were kicked out. :rolleyes:

I think it's still a little broken. ;)

L

lofff

y, well, apart from that i would like to see exca updated (phisically) this year

S

StormriderX

Problem in xml-files 28 Feb 2003 06:12 GMT
xml-files were updated yesterday after a week but seem to be having problems. Several characters who have recently been added to guilds seem to be missing and all Hibernian characters and guilds are missing. This is a problem with GOA xml-files and will hopefully be fixed soon. Note that this will affect Albion and Midgard characters so that their server-rankings will seem higher than they are.
Belorfyn

That quote was taken from duskwave -_-

S

Sigurd

The Chronicles are not being updated because Kemor and chums are too busy playing Star Wars: Galaxies Beta.

O

old.Xarr

Jesus H Christ on a pogostick. GOA, how hard can it be to fix some XML files?

Obviously very hard since it's been ages and nothing has happened.

O

old.LandShark

Stormrider: GOA PLAY PRYDWEN!?!¬
or some other similarly VNboardesque crap

T

tris-

would you rather they updated some shitty xml files that arnt even important or they start to sort the patch out which you have been whining about forever?

I

i-scream

I'm a bit worried.

Since more than 5 (five !) months now, we don't have Chronicles. I really hope that our colleague players in the US don't read this because they'll be rolling over the floor laughing.

In April (http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=956) GOA kept us informed that they were still actively testing and it was a real topic in their Friday news (second topic in the list).

Again three months later, we got a Friday news http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1139 where the Chronicles isn't a real topic anymore and appears at the very end, really somewhere lost in the article.

I heard that Chronicles would be running again with patch 1.62, but that's not what GOA says. In fact, they say that nothing will happen before, without saying what, when or if something will happen after.

In my opinion, it would be great if GOA can give us concrete information when Chronicles will be available again. I'm not interested if they're testing, I'm not interested when nothing will happen (like they told us in the last Friday news), but I'm interested in when it will work alright. So could you please inform us in a correct way, like paying customers deserve to be informed ?

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by i-scream
I'm a bit worried.

Since more than 5 (five !) months now, we don't have Chronicles. I really hope that our colleague players in the US don't read this because they'll be rolling over the floor laughing.

In April (http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=956) GOA kept us informed that they were still actively testing and it was a real topic in their Friday news (second topic in the list).

Again three months later, we got a Friday news http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1139 where the Chronicles isn't a real topic anymore and appears at the very end, really somewhere lost in the article.

I heard that Chronicles would be running again with patch 1.62, but that's not what GOA says. In fact, they say that nothing will happen before, without saying what, when or if something will happen after.

In my opinion, it would be great if GOA can give us concrete information when Chronicles will be available again. I'm not interested if they're testing, I'm not interested when nothing will happen (like they told us in the last Friday news), but I'm interested in when it will work alright. So could you please inform us in a correct way, like paying customers deserve to be informed ?

and you just HAD to bump an old thread to whine in instead of making a new one??

GOA has said nothing will happen before 1.62, because they know for a fact that nothing will, they DO NOT know what will happen after so wisely they hut up because IF they where to say ANYTHING thta might not come true whining arses like yourself is gonna start crying bloody murder at them!

I

i-scream

Addlcove, I think you need a rest, flaming on me like that... tss, tsss.

I just said "I'm worried". May I please be worried, or do I have to ask your permission ?

The fact that I have to "bump" an old threat makes it even worse. If things were ok, i did not have to bump such an old threat. Now that I'm obliged to bump an old threat means that I, as a customer am not happy with a situation which takes 5 months to be solved.

One week ago, GOA started testing of 1.62. After one week, it would be a good idea for GOA to tell us if at least Chronicles will or will not work when going live.

And I'm sorry that for posting this, and asking for information, you call me a 'whining arse'. You need some education mate.

R

Rubric

Post a new thread and get flamed and told theres already a thread. Bump the old thread and get flamed & told to post a new one.

Very releveant i think. We pay for a service and part of it aint woriking.

A

Addlcove

and instead of reading the useful bit of the reply you read the flame bit... nice on!!!11!! :p

I´ll say it again without flames so that you may understand it

GOA has said nothing will happen before 1.62, because they know for a fact that nothing will, they DO NOT know what will happen after so wisely they shut up because IF they where to say ANYTHING that might not come true people are gonna start crying bloody murder at them!

better?

R

rolgar

Much better m8 ;-)

You'll learn it in the end.
Keep tying

D

Driwen

i scream if you had read through those news links or through the 5 other old threads on this subject, you would have known that they are waiting for the changes in the way the chronicles are updated in 1.61 patch. They said they wont do anything till then and they wont. Now you could complain about them not giving us the chronicles, while it should be relatively easy to implement. But dont worry so much as they have still kept their word on the chronicles, it will be there soon after the 1.61 patch :).

I

i-scream

Thanks Driwen. I'm very happy to read your optimistic view. Let's say at the moment, I join your view and hope for the best.
Anyway we'll all see in just a few weeks.

I

i-scream

• We also started the various tests needed for the re-opening of the Chronicles with the release of this patch.
They still did not say it will work one day. They've started testing, that's all. No resulsts either how tests are going or whether it will feasable or not.

Thx for this overflow of information GOA. You sure know how not to give us information which really is important for your customers.

B

Belsameth

well, they're testing (Testing accoding to dictionary.com: procedure for critical evaluation; a means of determining the presence, quality, or truth of something; a trial) which means they don't know yet. it's all so simple when you think about it a bit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom