Chronicles data

T

Thorarin

I was getting a bit annoyed with the current Chronicles implementation (especially the inability to sort on various columns), so I took the time to provide an alternative interface.

Currently it does not display crafting information, but other than that I think it's fairly complete, though sober (and a little slower than I expected, I should switch to ASP.net ;) )

http://www.tiwaz.org/herald/

Most of the table columns can be sorted on, ascending or descending, by clicking the column title.

This page won't necessarily stay up, it's mostly intended as a temporary thing until GOA's interface supports sorting.

A

Arlone

very nice overview and sort-options.

Good work :)

M

mele-nko

a little slow, less pretty, but a LOT more usefull :)

Great work!

O

old.tRoG

nice work, not as pretty, but more functional.

T

Thorarin

Yeah, I know it's not pretty :)

Not entirely sure what's causing the slowdown yet, but it's probably just the hardware combined with the scripting engine (P2 450 running a bunch of services)

I

Israfael

As much as I like the official chronicles, this is a damn damn damn nice piece of work.

Thanks, and mucho well done :)

O

old.Pyrotechnix

Really nice work !

/salute

Pyrotechnix
Servants of the Lake
Albion/Prydwen

P

- Pathfinder -

Comapred to the official site, slow isn't the word I'd use :) I'm still looking for RP listings for server/realm/class though; that should be possible to put up, if you parse it? :)

O

old.windforce

Nice 1
Maybe you should switch to DHTML for really fast sorting and stuff

<totally off topic bull>

<object id="table1" classid="clsid:333C7BC4-460F-11D0-BC04-0080C7055A83" width="0" height="0" VIEWASTEXT>
<param name="DataURL" value="<%=DataPagina%>">
<param name="UseHeader" value="True">
<param name="FieldDelim" value="|">
<param name="Sort" value="VestigingNaam">
</object>

</totally off topic bull>

T

Thorarin

I'm considering putting all the guild data into a database of my own, so I can indeed provide some useless totals on the servers :)

I'll be using the project as my first serious step in using ASP.net though, and I want to get it right from the start, so it may take a while ;)

V

Verena

Just wanna say that I think you're doing a really nice job here.

Only been released a few days and allready we have "all" the data we want sorted and all.

/salute

Thanks for your effords, and I hope you continue to make it even better.

O

old.Revz

Ah thank you that is much more like it :) You've done a great job there.

O

old.Xarr

very, very nice mate ^^

i have a question tho.. what does guild id mean? does the number imply how early the guild was formed? and why are many guild id's missing?

just curious...

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by old.Xarr
very, very nice mate ^^

i have a question tho.. what does guild id mean? does the number imply how early the guild was formed? and why are many guild id's missing?

just curious...

Guild ID implies when the guild was formed :) Missing entries probably belong to dead guilds etc.

F

Flimgoblin

Where did you get the list of all the guilds? :)

O

old.Xarr

thanks pathfinder :)

you confirmed what i believed.. it's great to be able to see how long a guild has been around. well, you can't tell the exact date but you get the picture when you look at the other guild's id ^^

T

Thorarin

Fingoniel;

The procedure is now explained on the official website under Chronicles - XML.

I've been working on a rewrite to improve the overall speed, this time using ASP.net, and I must say I am pleased so far. The individual guild viewing for large guilds is now at least 20 times faster :)

I think it's about as fast as it will get now, without caching the XML data in a local database. I've also added the guild emblems and GRPs, which were missing before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom