Christmas pressies

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Ever since I became an actual adult christmas has become more of a pain in the arse. Trying to by presents for family and friends that they will like and also suggesting things they can buy for me, because I like a new toy on christmas day to keep me entertained until the great escape comes on. Sadly a £100 limit is imposed by the family to keep things in check which is good because I want this

http://www.gadgets.co.uk/item/ATC2000/Oregon-Digital-Action-Camera.html

or at least I did until I saw this

ATC5K Action Digital Camera at Gadgets.co.uk - Ideal gadgets, gifts and presents

because it seems a waste not to be able to view what you've got so far.

Any of you camera experts know of any better/ cheaper versions of this type of camera. It'll mostly be used for paintballing and rallying.

Failing that can you think of any other must have gadgets I can sugest to stop my family bitching at me.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
They're shit mate. Same quality as an old mobile phone. Don't bother.

I bought myself one of these Ice 550 just camera - - - - - - - - - -Extreme ExView Bullet cam > Helmet/Bullet Cameras > Cameras4Sports Online Shop

Then I bought a cheapy solid state VCR - JXD 661 PMP Digital & DV CAMERA MP3 MP4 2GB 2GB + Gift - eBay (item 150312414612 end time Dec-26-08 03:40:44 PST)

Works fine - and this is with the standard lens (standard shitty youtube codec ruins it) YouTube - Glentress and Kielder singletrack

The wide lens (they're cheap) is almost fish-eye. Bear in mind the camera in that video was on my helmet, and my helmet was a bit loose :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Best way to spend santamas is to ask for nothing, take what you get(if people must give pressies), and get people something fun and goofy with a similar theme.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i agree with Toh

I prefer just being around mates and having a laugh in the spirit, perhaps get a few little silly bits and bobs but nothing major

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
i agree with Toh

I prefer just being around mates and having a laugh in the spirit, perhaps get a few little silly bits and bobs but nothing major

say the guys without kids!!!!

Fweddy

FH is my second home
The objective of Christmas time is to have as many Christmas Dinners as possible. The rest is is just fluff.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Finally, someone who agrees with me about the point of xmas. Eat, eat, eat :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
say the guys without kids!!!!

Well, actually there are little kids involved. Doesn't mean that you can't teach 'em young :lol:

Oh and while on the subject, it's your own damn fault for getting them so nyah :D

And yes, the festival of light is all about the dindin. Stuff ze belly with ham and jelly! Santamas is one of the seven deadly festivals :p

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Finally, someone who agrees with me about the point of xmas. Eat, eat, eat :)

I'm cooking xmas dinner this year - I have instructed Mrs J to buy not one, but two turkeys for maximum farty goodness :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom