Choppah Returns!

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
I used to have the exact same bike shown here, except mine had two handlebar tubes (which we reversed to make them 'cooler'). I've not seen one since, and the memories of my cool blue lurve-machine have been rudely shattered... they do look cack:eek:

I nearly broke my kneecap on the reversed handlebars too.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If you are British, and between the ages of 33 and 45, it is not unlikely that you had a childhood haunted by longing for a Chopper bike.

Bloody right, I did, and when my Grandma bought me one my bloody Mum said it was too dangerous and sent it back :( RIP Grandma :(

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
I have an original 1970's chopper sat in my loft waiting for the day when I have enough time to restore it properly. The handle bars have gone a bit rusty and a few other odds and sods needs fixing up.

I might have to get her down and give her some loving attention.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Dr_Weasel said:
I have an original 1970's chopper sat in my loft waiting for the day when I have enough time to restore it properly. The handle bars have gone a bit rusty and a few other odds and sods needs fixing up.

I might have to get her down and give her some loving attention.

You'll be needing a can of the famous 'Stop Rust Chrome Cleaner' then ;)

xane

Fledgling Freddie
SoWat said:
and the memories of my cool blue lurve-machine have been rudely shattered.

Yeah that bloody centre mounted gear shift was a nightmare when you braked suddenly.

* eyes water *

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
[Wij] I had a purple one. [/Wij]

It died when pulling a wheelie, the handlebars snapped at the base. How I didn't rip my self open and deposit my knackers on our driveway on landing I'm not sure.

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
I notice there's a Chopper bike owners club too. I wonder what they do... turn up at meets and take turns injuring themselves whilst riding?

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
I yearned for one of these. Closest I got was its baby brother the Tomahawk. The are worth a bit now even if they need restored. I saw a rusted Chopper frame sell on ebay for £600 last year!!

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
ahh the beloved chopper. I use to have one back in the days. Tastles hangin from the handle bars. And if you was cool a big flag from the attached to the seat :)

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
GDW said:
I yearned for one of these. Closest I got was its baby brother the Tomahawk. The are worth a bit now even if they need restored. I saw a rusted Chopper frame sell on ebay for £600 last year!!

A mate of mine has just sold his in great condition for £700!!!!!!

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Holy shit.

Its amazing how much you can sell stuff for now. Im still gutted about the star wars figurs being worth a few bob as i had loads but i threw them away :(

And ppl wonder why we hored stuff in the attic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom