Checksum -- Anyone?

CocaCola

Fledgling Freddie
Oh well, I have a problem now, Ive spoken to GoA and they have told me to turn off "checksum" to "checksum offline". So far so good, they gave a prefect way how to do it etc, but the problem is, when i am on propites on my network card (which is a intel(R) Pro/100 VE) and Ive clicked on "advance" shouldnt there be something called checksum? Coz I can't find it anywhere under the meny "advance", and I have DL the latest drivers and software for my card but nothing seem's to help. If there is anyone out there that know why and how I could solve this I would appreciate the help, thanks

:(

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
well if your doing the right thing it should be called "Hardware Checksumming"
It solved alot of problems for many ppl :)

But maybe your not looking the right place?
rightclick on the networkcard > proborties > configurate > advanced > hardware checksumming. Thats atleast how it is for me

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
it should be here:

chcksum.jpg

CocaCola

Fledgling Freddie
well, I am unnder that option, but I dont have Checksum Offline, I do have some other options that u have but not checksum :/ , maybe its because its a swedish operate system I have, I dunno :(

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Tosen said:
What does checksum do?

I'm not sure but some time ago I went ld every x minutes, someone adviced me to disable checksum offload and it worked for me :)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Tosen said:
What does checksum do?
With each packet is a checksum which shows whether the packet is a good one or not. Normally the CPU does the maths for the checksum however some network cards can do it themselves which in theory makes them more eficient when dealing with high rates of data flow. Checksum offload or hardware checksum shunts the checksum maths to the network card rather than making the CPU do it.
I can't tell you why it causes problems though, I guess DAoC is expecting the CPU to do that work and gets confused when it doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom