Cheats?

O

old.RL_Acid

i picked up the game last week and have been glued to it since , im pretty new to these q3 based games and was wondering why i was getting like 10 good kills in a game and other guys were getting 30 , is it cheats ? and if so is there any way to guarantee playing Vs ppl that aint using cheats?

I come from playing Xwing serise online for nealy 5 years now and cheats there stick out like a sore thumb , so im just not used to it .

help out an Old n00b :)

S

ShockingAlberto

You get points for the following:
Reviving team mates whilst playing Medic.
Giving out ammo as a Lt.
Planting the dynamite as an Engie. (you get like 9 points for this or summit).
Defusing the dynamite as an Engie. (again, lots of points for this).
Fixing guns as an Engie(i think).
Giving out health to people shouting `medic!' when playing medic(i think).
Destroying an objective with the dynamite(the ammount of points for planting the dynamite, combined with the points for destroying the target is like 20).

So, the people with 30 poi might have got lots of points from these activities.

Also, bear in mind that a TK/suicide takes away like 3 points, so you have to be careful. If you defend/attack the objective, you will find you get more frags, as that's where the action is.

E

Embattle

Like shock says most are through good play with certain ranks.

Although cheats are appearing in RTCW :(

O

old.Hashesheen

now this maybe my paranoia but is there a cheat/hack out there that makes peeps invisible???? I swear there have been times when i been shot in the back, i turn around to see the tracer fire coming form about 6ft away but no body there and the firing continues until i deed, and its not that they are so far away i can't see em because we I am in a tunnel or room :mad:

...or maybe i'm just blind drunk???

S

ShockingAlberto

It's a bug i think.

Sometimes the dynamite appears invisable to me before it's been activated. If i was moving while i threw it, i'm forced to crawl around holding down mouse1, which is rather annoying ifyou've not got much time.

I have seen bullets coming out of no-where before.

O

old.Hashesheen

ahhh so u seen it tooo??? does this mean i not going mad Mrs Brambles???

K

*Kornholio*

The invisible people thing is a bug with a simple fix - pull down console ` & type in /vid_restart - sorts it...

O

old.gust0o

I thought it was somehow due to the .paks - whenever I've 'seen' an invisible person (pfnar!) on a server it's always been followed by someone dropping due to corrupted files for their game...

C

Chameleon

I've yet to be able to explain it, but at the weekend I started on the Allies side on the map with the plane (mp_hangar?) and near the start this Axis came strolling towards us all. I thought "WTF?" and fired off a few head shots. My teammates then did the same, until about 5 of us surrounded the guy and we were knifing, grenading, head shots, the lot ...... and he just strolled off towards our hangar, seemingly untouched. He did have a ping of 650 odd, which will make people appear to do weird things ...... but this was a little too weird.
Anyone else seen this kinda thing before?

O

old.Hashesheen

yup, i think wolfie must be programmed to stop lagged peeps been easy meat for lamers who want a quick kill;) but some times someone is fine then laggs for a few moments in a fire fight and therefore if protected from being shot, this may explain it??

S

suicide121

A lot of people seem to be using the hand grenade bug as if it's ok as well now

O

old.Dookiethedevil

cheats

Yea of course there's cheats for this game, there always is isnt there!!!!!!!

U cant stop people from using it, the only way is to play offline. Which i dont think u want to do!!!

DOOKIE..........................................................

O

old.Hashesheen

wots this grenade bug den??? any good?? :D

btw the smiles on this forum suck!! :puke:

S

ShockingAlberto

The smilies on this forum are better than most... Especially the `:D', `:rolleyes:', `:twak:', `:uhoh:', and `:touch:'.

I believe the latest patch removed the grenade bug. I do not know of any real cheats for Wolfenstein, so i would say atm, i do not consider there to be any cheaters.

Users who are viewing this thread