Cheats in single player

O

old.pmcclarnon

Hi
Does anyone know EXACTLY how to get the cheats to work? I am stuck in blast pit. Just want to get through then turn cheats off again. Can this be done? Please help!!!!

O

old.Ashes

Why do you need a cheat?

You're not stuck, you just haven't found the exit yet ;)

Where exactly are you stuck (and which game HL or OF)?

Maybe we'll remember how to get you out...

S

stu

I got stuck in Blast Pit for ages as well, totally missed the "OXy" and "Fuel" buttons to turn them on (was expecting something far more complex). Maybe this is what you haven't done.

Unless you mean actually physically 'stuck' in a level. Which happened to me a few times (particularly when the level transition took place on a moving platform, eg a lift). Trick is to be in the air when it's loading.

O

old.bee

i think he might be talking about getting past the large tenticle creature

these creatures have no eyes and aim by sound

simply throw a grenade to another part of the room and run for it...it will go towards the sound of the grenade going off and you can get through

hope that helps

O

old.pmcclarnon

Thanks

Thanks everybody. I read the hints and know how to get through, just cant do it!!! Keep making too much noise. Just want to get into god mode untill i get past the two headed thing then turn them off again. I throw grenades, run and get killed!! I try sneaking past, make noise, get killed. I just want to shoot thing!!!!

O

old.QorbeQ

Two things. Firstly, walk everywhere - you don't make any noise.

Secondly, you do make noise on the ladders ... sooooo ... throw a grenade just before you climb up or down, wait for the boom then quickly get past the ladder and walk again.

Aim one of the grens you throw towards the door(s?) that have wood panelling blocking them off to (hopefully) clear that to save you crowbarring it whilst lobbing noisy grens to keep the beast off yer back.

You should be OK then.

(Aside - I was a gren-then-run-for-it type and eventually managed to do it - someone else pointed out to me after I'd finally finished that bit that if I'd only walked....)

[Edited by QorbeQ on 29-09-00 at 08:21]

O

old.Ashes

Darn - I didn't think about the grenade to the blocked doors ;)

I just kept chucking them damn grenades and then bif-baf-bof with the crowbar.

Took me 'kin ages :D and lots of the omg-here-it-comes-F6-F6-F6 :eek:

Excellent game which only got better when I found Counter Strike - haven't played DM or TFC since.

O

old.QorbeQ

To be honest, the gren-the-doors idea was one that I only just thought of while typing the post, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. :D

O

old.pmcclarnon

Thanks again

Okay i will try walking. Thanks, i hadn't thought of that. I had thought of grenading the doors, it works just can't quite make it to there. But if i walk maybe. Bye, i'm off to give it a try. Thanks again everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom