cheats in daoc?

tehdom

Fledgling Freddie
is there such a thing?

Just wondered how 5 times in a row from a great distance away, Huj i think it was managed to see me when i was stealthed but there was a load of ppl closer to me that had no idea i was there.

Also had several other Shadowblades pming me asking if i had seen thier untimely demise at the alb side of alb bridge when Huj was in ck and they were stealthed.

Not moaning, just wondered if these kinda things were around in daoc. Might explain why being a stealther is a waste of time seeing as how you can be detected from that kinda distance.

this was in thid btw

Briton_Knight

Fledgling Freddie
i believe you can get radars and stuff showing where mobs/people from any realm r on it but i cant confirm that. also see the radar complaint sticky before starting to shout cheat at the top of ur lungs altho uve made it clear u dont intend to go down that road. still doesnt explain how he could target you if u were stealthed that far away. altho if u look at another post (about tigerbaby i think) people were complaining about bug abuse as they couldnt see/target him/her but it was in fact caused by lag so could be a similar problem here.

mettrik

Fledgling Freddie
Read up on stealthers before making accusations tbh, lots of nice sites tell u how, your stealth works and how other toons work

VN boards , www.critshot.com etc

And since its thid , have u got your torch on ;)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Radar doesnt pick up stealthers afaik as it sends a different message to the server when running in stealthed, i dont remember the details someone explained it to me before ages ago. As for cheats, ive never heard of a cheat that allows u to see people stealthed yet, MoS im not sure if that allows it easier to see people, afaik it doesnt work on assassin classes, just allows assassins or archers to see archers easier the higher u have it, im not much into stealthers so i dont know the full details..

As a non stealther, well i see mid sb's a lot when theyre about to PA me, i put this down to lower spec in stealth for more dmg output rather than any bonus i have to see em, which i dont ofc, but its never from more than about 100 range. I dont even see low stealth archer classes till about 200 if they have crap stealth. So i have no idea how he may have seen u from distance. U could rightnow it and get them to check the logs for his char, tho i doubt youll have any luck.

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
Sometimes I saw lot's of them (assasins) at a good distance (2-4 steps away) when I was in Thid, I wondered why... at other days they BS/PAed me and I didn't had a clue *smile*.

If this happens on several days in a row I'd start to worry.

Bladze

Fledgling Freddie
was lag ghosts imo, been lots of very baaaad lag in thid over the last few days, I been nuking ppl and wondering why the hell bugger all happens then they aprea 10 steps behind me.

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
aye lag ghosts are a basterd atm

but hoj = earth spec so he has the GTAOE and spams is around all over the place regulary, probs why

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
There is a bug that occurs sometimes where you can see stealthers while playing a visable character and im pretty sure it often comes down to lag.

Spotted a SB once (loooong time ago) in Leirvik on my chanter, figured it was a lag ghost but set my pet on it anyway and to my surprise the pet began whacking him.

Also recall getting a very abusive message in thid once because i attacked an infili and he claimed he couldn't see or target me for the entire fight. When i checked my log he indeed had not hit me once which was kinda odd so i tended to believe that and reported the bug.

Point is that using the word "cheat" and naming the player you had better be 100% certain he was knowingly cheating, most times the player doesn't even know whats happening and it's a bug. If they are using a bug and refuse to relog and continue to use it even when challenged and/or told it's a bug they have, then that can be considered bug abuse and hence cheating.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
There is a bug where enemies can sometimes see you as if your stealth-spec was zero. It happened to my NS a few times & relogging or rebooting usually cures it.

tehdom

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not accusing anyone, i'm merely named that particular person as he had done it to several Shadowblades within the space of half an hour. I'm not talking a few paces away either as I've been on the wrong end of someone who is quick to hit the stick key when they see the glimpse of me as i run past them ! ! !

I was just curious as to whether or not these type of cheats were around as it seemed a bit more than luck to pick off several shadowblades in a row from distance without being able to see them.

Eeekamouse

Fledgling Freddie
I thought a certain vamp was using a cheat untill i checked their spell-line and realized that they can actually spec detect hidden, dunno what char you were fighting tho....

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
tehdom who is your sb ?? no whine for once justa question, because recently there are loads of stealther with bollox stealth or using torch in thid recently

tehdom

Fledgling Freddie
its Domilsin and i have 19+5 stealth, it was really just the obscene distance he detected us from, i get detected quite regularly cause im a noob and get in too close sometimes but this was from miles away and im pretty sure he shouldnt have been able to see me from that kinda distance. My particular case, i was stood in middle of MB and he killed me standing up on the top to the wall of the ck. also never use torch cause i cant see anything with it on lol

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
tehdom said:
its Domilsin and i have 19+5 stealth, it was really just the obscene distance he detected us from, i get detected quite regularly cause im a noob and get in too close sometimes but this was from miles away and im pretty sure he shouldnt have been able to see me from that kinda distance. My particular case, i was stood in middle of MB and he killed me standing up on the top to the wall of the ck. also never use torch cause i cant see anything with it on lol

sounds like GTAOE, buts its highly unlikely he could kill you with it unless u were on less than 10% hits

tehdom

Fledgling Freddie
full health, had just come from MPK, ran stealthed all the way there and got nailed when he just came into visual range and thats with the max drawdistance allowed

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just be careful about accusations Tehdom.... we don't much like them!

If you suspect a cheat the use Rightnow to report them, not FH forums please.

tehdom

Fledgling Freddie
i wasnt reporting or accusing, just feeling around to see if there were such things is all. I come from a background of 7 years of counterstrike where cheats and hax are commonplace these days and just wondered if the same type of thing had crept its evil way into daoc to any degree

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Sean said:
tehdom who is your sb ?? no whine for once justa question, because recently there are loads of stealther with bollox stealth or using torch in thid recently

Someone want to explain this torch thing?

I always have my torch on while stealthed and i never, ever get popped by anything other than assassins, I can stand a few meters from a group without them seeing me.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Tallen said:

I always have my torch on while stealthed and i never, ever get popped by anything other than assassins, I can stand a few meters from a group without them seeing me.
I always used to pay by the no torch rule for years, then decided lol0rz why not just use my torch and whatdaya know it made sod all difference to me and people finding me :)

I always have my torch on these days :)

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:

some armor pattern and especially cloaks can be buggy with torch on iirc so you are far better visible than you should be...

Outlander

Part of the furniture
anyone else have weird lag in thid lately? Ive had to log so much cant play there atm :( died just now thought I was running one way and next thing I know Ive been popped by 2 BDs in a totally different loc lol? :/

gohan

FH is my second home
Jor said:
some armor pattern and especially cloaks can be buggy with torch on iirc so you are far better visible than you should be...
tbh im from the school of thought that thinks the red name above your head saying norseman is more noticable than a faded black cloak (also afaik the cloak bug was fixed when NF came out)

gohan

FH is my second home
Outlander said:
anyone else have weird lag in thid lately? Ive had to log so much cant play there atm :( died just now thought I was running one way and next thing I know Ive been popped by 2 BDs in a totally different loc lol? :/
ive had invisable noobs hitting me :p u the other night, then last night some champion chased me from MB to MPK snareing debuffinf an DDing me an hitting with sword occastionly for a good 30-sec to 1 mins an never once did he become visable or cud i nearest target him :< makes me cry

Toxic

Loyal Freddie
Outlander said:

yeh i saw one of em had the cheek to say to me "find him" lol
was cheering u on m8 u wer so close 2 droppin 1 of em

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Toxic said:
yeh i saw one of em had the cheek to say to me "find him" lol
was cheering u on m8 u wer so close 2 droppin 1 of em
I had no idea what was going on lol :D

missed so many PAs and BSs due to fucked up lag gonna quit for the afternoon :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom