Cheats being advertised from google ads

Gamah

Banned
Is there anyway to stop these google ads showing radar ads or ads for other cheats. I just saw a wow duping advert and I have seen a Daoc radar advert..not cool to be putting temptation in the way of people.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
People who want to use this crap will use it, an advert isn't going to convert a decent player into a scumbag. If the ads are what it takes to keep FH alive then I fully support it.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I thought if you payed the £10 a year for the custom title you dont see the adds ? Well ive never seen any on here.

So its pretty simple, these forums are used by the DAOC Euro community but the host recieves no funding, bandwidth, vb licences, electricity all cost - so...

Either GoA host some official forums without advertising
People are forced to pay to create an account here
You suffer with advertisments.

TBH I cant see why they didnt push adverts onto the pages earlier.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
The thing is i well be happy to pay 10 £ but.. i REFUSE to geat paypal ust to pay 10 £...

Gamah

Banned
Tears said:
I thought if you payed the £10 a year for the custom title you dont see the adds ? Well ive never seen any on here.

So its pretty simple, these forums are used by the DAOC Euro community but the host recieves no funding, bandwidth, vb licences, electricity all cost - so...

People are forced to pay to create an account here
You suffer with advertisments.

TBH I cant see why they didnt push adverts onto the pages earlier.

Do you actully read before posting? I am not moaning about the fucking advertisments. I am saying that putting tempation in peoples way to buy cheats is a bit crap on the main forums for the game. If there is a way to stop it I would ask they do it. I would pay £10 quite happly, thats like 30 min work for me..but I dont have a debit card or a paypal account.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Do you actully read before posting? I am not moaning about the fucking advertisments. I am saying that putting tempation in peoples way to buy cheats is a bit crap on the main forums for the game. If there is a way to stop it I would ask they do it. I would pay £10 quite happly, thats like 30 min work for me..but I dont have a debit card or a paypal account.

Do you actualy fucking read before replying ?

Guess not.

Gamah

Banned
Tears said:
Do you actualy fucking read before replying ?

Guess not.

Sigh, wish you had stayed in everquest 2. Your reply is based around the fact I am moaning about advertising "suffering with adverts" when I am not saying that at all. God, were you born stupid or did you have to work at it?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
People who want to use this crap will use it, an advert isn't going to convert a decent player into a scumbag. If the ads are what it takes to keep FH alive then I fully support it.

guess all the firms using millons an millions on advertising is really wasting money? :wanker:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Tears said:
so...

they had one the first year or so. and the "whines" u have on this forum is *nothing* compared to what they had on the GOA forums. so they gently shot that forum in the neck and never opened it again.

wonder if GOA would concider to reopen that forum with the forum account linked to the game account. so if u get banned on the forum u get banned from playing to and vice versa.. :)

i kinda like that idea. and i bet it would keep ppl from being to abusive to, in the end anyway.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Eeben said:
guess all the firms using millons an millions on advertising is really wasting money? :wanker:

and whats the diffrence with THIS advert and those companies thats using "millions and millions" on their products?

heres a hint for ya, :twak:

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Who cares about the adverts tbh, either pay the £10 subs so you don't see them or just forget them - I don't even notice they are there anymore tbh.

As for saying they are tempting people into cheating thats utter bollox tbh - anyone who was going to cheat would already be doing so tbh and I really really really doubt one little advert at the bottom of FH would turn someone into a cheater. Also its not like anyone on here didnt know about cheats being available anyway - quick google search is all anyone would need if they had intentions to cheat., besides which - let them cheat tbh - let them get caught - let them get banned - let the rest of us carry on as normal - whats the big deal.

Lets not have another whine thread about these adverts please as its totally pointless unless you are going to support FH financially then I really don't see what right anyone has to come on here on a board ran freely should you so wish, and make demands about how it is ran.

Gamah

Banned
evzy said:
Who cares about the adverts tbh, either pay the £10 subs so you don't see them or just forget them - I don't even notice they are there anymore tbh.

As for saying they are tempting people into cheating thats utter bollox tbh - anyone who was going to cheat would already be doing so tbh and I really really really doubt one little advert at the bottom of FH would turn someone into a cheater. Also its not like anyone on here didnt know about cheats being available anyway - quick google search is all anyone would need if they had intentions to cheat., besides which - let them cheat tbh - let them get caught - let them get banned - let the rest of us carry on as normal - whats the big deal.

Lets not have another whine thread about these adverts please as its totally pointless unless you are going to support FH financially then I really don't see what right anyone has to come on here on a board ran freely should you so wish, and make demands about how it is ran.

Another strong reader..tell me where I have whined ABOUT FH having adds, please...

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
best of the ads :D

best_ad2006.jpg

welcome to 2006! :drink:

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Is there anyway to stop these google ads showing radar ads or ads for other cheats. I just saw a wow duping advert and I have seen a Daoc radar advert..not cool to be putting temptation in the way of people.

I would say all the above is a whine about the adds tbh, noting especially about 5 threads down from here there is already a thread regarding the ads anyway so posting the same thing yet again to bring the subject back up - would consider it a whine - when you could easily have just commented on the other thread instead of trying to make your own little one about it.

But hey, if you don't think thats a whine, s'ok. :fluffle:

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Outlander said:
I blame evzy for teh ads! :flame:
:fluffle:

So do I tbh cos I havent subscribed...its all my fault...

I must go now, I have to go down the bottom of me garden so I can kick my own arse for bringing teh evul to FH that is ....................adverts!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Eeben said:

This is a game, cheats are using third party tools, anyone who uses the excuse that they were tempted into using a cheat by an advert is a fucking lamer. They used cheats because they have always been tempted, not because some banner makes it easy to find. If you disagree then fine but that doesn't make me wrong.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
cHodAX said:
This is a game, cheats are using third party tools, anyone who uses the excuse that they were tempted into using a cheat by an advert is a fucking lamer. They used cheats because they have always been tempted, not because some banner makes it easy to find. If you disagree then fine but that doesn't make me wrong.

Ive always been tempted to try radar, just to see what the hype is

But i wont because I like females

eksdee

FH is my second home
i was quite shocked that there were adverts for buying gold/that silly d2 dupe advert. still, i doubt adverts here are going to create any more cheaters than there are - if people wish to cheat, they will do all they can to do so, an advert on a forum is hardly going to be the beginning or end of it.

Miril

Fledgling Freddie
Use firefox with the adblock extension annnnnnd gone are the ads <3

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
erm, i've paid my subs - so how come i still see the adverts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom