Cheating..

O

old.giriam

Ok, Ive been looking through a couple of threads on cheating here, something about hiding inside the wall/keep.

A question:

Consider a person that is hiding "inside" a tree or a luriken that is hiding behind a tombstone or an army hiding inside the foot of the glazer giant.. are they cheating? What is the difference between this and hiding in a keep wall?

Im not out to start a riot or wild flame thread here so if you are going to respond, please behave :) Im simply curious.

G

B

Brannor McThife

Um. You can target people in/behind trees by clicking on the tree... There's actually a mob in Skona Ravine (Midgard) that hides in the tree... ;)

As for inside large neutral mobs, well, you can still target the person with F8.

Hiding in a wall means to can't get hit and can't get targetted.

-G

O

old.yaruar

Hiding behind something is totally legitimate... I've never gotten inside a tree, is that possible??? probably through lag.

I'm hoping in later patches too they stop the arrow pathing through walls/hills/trees problem, will have to look.....

If someone gaines an advantage through a bug knowingly it is cheating... using the landscape is ok, unless you exploit a bug to your advantage.

O

old.giriam

Ah ok, its a bit of a difference then if its impossible to find/target/attack the people in the keep wall.

I dont think you can target me with F8 when im in the foot of the giant though :p

G

A

Addlcove

yes you can when you press F8 it circles the mob so first would be the glaciergiant and second would be you, or any friends you might have with you

O

old.giriam

"I've never gotten inside a tree, is that possible???"

Atleast its possible in hibernia, havent really tried anywhere else. Its very popular with our intruders actually :)

G

B

Brannor McThife

With the new patches (1.45 or before) it became impossible to hide in trees.

However, I have fallen into a tree by jumping off a horse at the wrong time - lag (South edge of Audliten taking horse route from Hugin to Svasud).

Of course, once I was inside the tree...I was stuck in the tree. :rolleyes:

-G

O

old.Woodmansee

I thought hide in tree was a hibby skill?
:clap:

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Woodmansee
I thought hide in tree was a hibby skill?
:clap:

Naah you're thinking of wrap arms and legs around tree to become spiritually one with it ;-)

F

Flimgoblin

I managed to half-hide in a tree with my little luri champ...
(so cute and tiny!) but the shield rim was still visible. Most of the tree was solid... just one corner wasn't.

This was right outside Tir na nOg, and my luri is lvl 5 :) so don't worry I wasn't ambushing anyone (just walked into a tree and wondered why I didn't go bump)

D

Dewey

I've never hidden in a tree before, but I always hide in Trolls in Emain ;)

O

old.Sami

Are we talking about hiding "in" a tree or "behind" a tree? I hide behind trees and leaves a lot.. but I can not consider that as a cheat. Just taking advantage of the environment (or Im just a coward).

O

old.giriam

Its still very much possible to hide "inside" things due to incorrect boundry/collision tests. While the "regular" hibernian trees seems fixed its still just a matter of going into some of the others. the same goes for a lot of rocks and logs laying around.

being a luriken (im not) probably makes it even easier, dont need much space to disapear, a tombstone is enough..

G

S

SFXman

I think it is absolutely hilarious the way a lurikeen can hide inside a gravestone and not be seen at all.... only targeted :)
Not cheating imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom