Cheating article.

O

old.QorbeQ

NB - don't turn this thread into a "goddamn i hate cheats" thing please. Sensible stuff only ta :)

Right.

Natrat has updated his BW column and has said that he's no longer playing CS, partly through boredom and partly because of the nagging paranoia building up through people cheating in the game. (I know what he means, I got AWP-nailed many many times in one game the other night by people running with their weapon... but they may just be good at it for all I know...)

Anyhow, he is also writing an article on cheating and intends it to be unbiased. So, basically if you read this and you /do/ cheat on a game (CS, QW, whatever) then talk to him. He wants people who use cheats to help him give the "other side" of the story (confidentially, of course).

/me spams a little himself...

While I can see that some people, frustrated with how "difficult" CS can seem, could want to use something to, errm, "help them" a little, I can't understand the the attraction of making the game waaay easier with no effort (aim assistance, or whatever).

I downloaded that CounterLife mod (that lets you use the Counter-Strike weapons in Half-Life single player) and got bored very quickly with it because I used the command to give myself money.

Imagine playing single-player Half-Life while totally invulnerable. No thrill at making a good kill. No interest beyond 5 minutes of laffing at the mess the blood makes.

In my view, the same applies to cheating online. If you nail someone every time you shoot, only having to point the crosshair at them, where's the sense of achievement? What's the reward? "Peer status"? I dunno.

I'd like to think that anyone using cheats would get so bored with the game that they'd either stop using the cheat or stop playing.

Anyway. I only wrote this to mention NatRat's column.

:)

O

old.DAiSHi

cs mod for single player?can i have the link please

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom