Cheap Sky help.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It appears that the collection of digestive biscuits that Thompson try to pass off as capacitors in their Sky+ boxes have blown up, or encountered some tea, in my box and it will not come out of standby or make any noise whatsoever. I've tried the usual fixes to no avail.

Does anyone know of a decent offer to get a Sky+HD box fitted for free for existing customers or any other decent offers ? I have Virgin cable phone and internet but am loathe to try their telly offereing because the packages require getting the XL to get FX (Dexter) and Sky continually fucks them over by moving decent content on to channels they haven't yet been taken to court about (e.g. Sky Atlantic.)

I figured a new box would be the way to go but I don't just want to ring up Sky and say "I'm desperate, I'll pay anything you demand!!!!!1"

/edit: my telly is already 1080p

Starman

Part of the furniture
Did you already have a Sky+ HD box?

If not existing customer can upgrade for free providing then pay the £10 extra pm for the HD pack.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Just threaten to cancel, point out you already have other Virgin services.

They won't want to lose your £40+ a month sub for a box which probably costs them around £15 to supply to you. I've done it 3 times on behalf of my mother and once for ourselves. You may need to ask to speak to their manager, or the cancellation dept, but you should get a result.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I found a nearby engineer through Satcure.co.uk who was able to swap out the caps in my old Thomson Sky+HD box and bring it back to full working order.
It only cost £35 for him to do the job, including the parts.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Went to cancellations and told them I would try Freesat HD or Virgin V+ HD. HD message clicked and was offered free HD box with free installation. Paying the HD subs but at half price for 6 months. Can cancel after 12.

Not bad, could probably have done better but didn't want to be arsey.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And also I have no telly now in front room. Don't want to have to wait 2 weeks for Sky to ring me back after cancellation for the top deals.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Mostly a result then. I've never had to actually cancel, just threaten to. Oh, and you're going to love HD assuming you have an adequate TV, it's really very good.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yep. 1080p Sony LCD 40". Reasonable model. A year old or so. Might have to wipe the small, yogurty handprints off the screen to get the full effect.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Yep. 1080p Sony LCD 40". Reasonable model. A year old or so. Might have to wipe the small, yogurty handprints off the screen to get the full effect.
YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!!! :)
My little lad uses the small space directly in front of the TV as a table to eat his fromage frais.

It's also better now that Sky have rejigged the EPG order around to give preference to HD channels if you have a HD sub.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
My little lad uses the small space directly in front of the TV as a table to eat his fromage frais.

It's also better now that Sky have rejigged the EPG order around to give preference to HD channels if you have a HD sub.

Mine likes to touch his favourite CBeebies characters. It's either yogurt or fresh bogies that end up on there.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

Played havok with my digiguide though, I had to manually remap the channel numbers :/

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Played havok with my digiguide though, I had to manually remap the channel numbers :/

Really ? Cos of Fromage Frais ? TOTALLY FUCKING MENTAL :eek2:

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I got Sky HD plumbed in a couple of weeks ago, it's awesome but the EPG could do with a nice HD makeover. Looks pretty tat next to the PS3's PlayTV EPG.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its horrible though, and slow. However, having the HD channels at the top of the list is a massive improvement.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Is noone gonna also point out that there's probably plenty of wij-jizz on there too!!! ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom