Charming

F

finisher

If I were a level 50 sorcerer but only had say 35 in the mind spec line would it be hard for me to charm equal level creatures, if so is there any point to specing in it as than my damage ability would be way to limited.

O

old.LandShark

Stop posting on multiple forums.
I answered on General Discussion FYI but stop the cross-posting, it's spammy :p

S

Sol-

Originally posted by finisher
If I were a level 50 sorcerer but only had say 35 in the mind spec line would it be hard for me to charm equal level creatures.

no.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Re: Re: Charming

Originally posted by Sol-

no.
Wrong mate.
If you have 32 in mind, you will get the last charm creature spell, allowing you to charm up to lvl 50 pets.
At lvl 34 you get 2nd best aoe mezz, so keep that in mind.
Regards, Glottis

L

Loth

yep, 32 Mind is all you need for level 50 pets and +Mind items will help with charm resists (but do bugger all for anything else).

O

old.LandShark

Re: Re: Re: Charming

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu

Wrong mate.
If you have 32 in mind, you will get the last charm creature spell, allowing you to charm up to lvl 50 pets.
At lvl 34 you get 2nd best aoe mezz, so keep that in mind.
Regards, Glottis

He asked if it a 34mind sorc has trouble charming yellows. Negura said no. Negura = teh right

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

You won't have any problems charming but it is still a wasted spec point. Keep mind at either 34 for 2nd best AE mezz or 36 in anticipation of the 2nd best power regen buff and various other mind goodies released in the next patch.

You will get some resists though...occasionally...now and then. So far I haven't had a charm go badly on me but when it does...hooo boy! Not looking forward to a medial getting shitty with me. :)

O

old.Second

Re: Re: Re: Re: Charming

Originally posted by old.LandShark

He asked if it a 34mind sorc has trouble charming yellows. Negura said no. Negura = teh right

he had a lvl 50 sorc with 35 in mind=)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Re: Re: Re: Re: Charming

Originally posted by old.LandShark

Crap, your right :p
Regards, Glottis

S

skile

Just a add.

In the discussion "How to spec a scout" people have sort of an odd way to look at whats waste and whats not. First of all, you need to look in to what situations your class is mostly in, rvsr that is. People tend to spec more in melee than bow, with their scouts. They claim high LB is a waste? It may not be effective compared to (?). Yeah right, u need something to compare with. Melee or stealth compared to a little more damage shooting. In the scouts case of speccing more melee I think that's more gimp than speccing high lb, the difference is minimal. With stealth I'm not sure, u might have a better chance vs assasins with better stealth.

But for me (my scout) I mostly shoot. And therefor the little extra dmg in bowspec is more worth than the little extra dmg in melee. Think of the HOW u play your sorc, the so called "waste" might be worth it if you are a solidaric sorc (NOT, I WANNA DO DMG, SUPPORTING IS BORING).

Not a sorc expert, take my sorc tip ligthly. But take the ideas of this post heavily.

GL :). Go the solidaric way, whatever that is.

W

Wou

Last charm is at lvl 32, and that alows you to charm up to lvl 50 mobs.

For resits get at least 34 in mind with items, that is 2/3 spec and will reduse resits and fails a lot.

But if you go for the last charm, take mind to 36, then you get 2nd best mezz and in 1.59 you also get power regen buff, and self mezz reduse buff. And this while your damage output stay's the same as if you where only 32 in mind ( 32 and 36 mind only alow you to get max the lvl 35 body DD or lvl 40 matter snare DD).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom