Charlie Veitch is a gormless twat

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Fancy going to rob this guys apartment?

Oh, and he'd probably defend the ginger by saying yeah, he was robbing from a business, so that's fine innit.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Interestingly it's not shoplifting until you let them leave the shop, and only then can you detain them until the police get there. If your means of detention is a nice windowless room next to the security suite, that's where you can drag them. Even if you watch the scrote remove the security tag, stuff the goods down his pants and start running, you can't nab him until he gets outside. The twat with the camera knows nothing.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If he is a shop lifter then I don't really see the problem?

Do you suggest they ask him nicely to just hang around for a couple of hours until the police get around to turning up?

Mey

Part of the furniture
Interestingly it's not shoplifting until you let them leave the shop, and only then can you detain them until the police get there. If your means of detention is a nice windowless room next to the security suite, that's where you can drag them. Even if you watch the scrote remove the security tag, stuff the goods down his pants and start running, you can't nab him until he gets outside. The twat with the camera knows nothing.

Technically its theft as soon as you make the decision to take the goods without paying or having authority to do so.

It's just easier to prove they had no intention of paying if they leave the store.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Also; section 24a PACE 1984 also know as other person arrest (citizen arrest) gives the power to arrest someone who the arresting person has reasonable grounds for suspecting the person is in the act of committing an offence or where an offence has been committed if it is indictable or either way.

In this case theft is an either way offence.

This arrest becomes lawful for two reasons, firstly it is necessary to prevent loss of or damage to property (I.e the stuff they have nicked) and also because it is not possible for a constable to make the arrest (they are not there).

Fo shame Charlie Fo shame.

Gwadien

This is the guy who believed in 9/11 conspiracies, then a US official convinced him they were all wrong.

He now doesn't believe in them.

Cool guy, Cool guy.

He worked in the Banking Sector aparrently, and left because it was so immoral

No, he left because he released he can't fulfil his duty as being a complete cool guy.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
guy seems a complete prick imo. playing up to the crowd and trying to get them angry rather than knowing wtf he is talking about

Embattle

FH is my second home

Generally it is once a person passes the tills but then you are sort of required to capture them before they exit the store.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Yep, try and even get them cautioned though if they can have any kind of excuse of 'I was still browsing.' It won't stand up. Many distant years ago when I was a retail monkey we had a well drilled approach of a couple of us head out the fire door, and round to the front, whilst a third watches the scrote. As he walks out you stop him and walk him back in. Normally they were beanpole heroin addicts and didn't give you a lot of trouble, sometimes they got a bit frisky, but normally outnumbering them was enough.

I remember chasing one fella down the road whilst he was throwing car fire extinguishers back at me. I don't know how he could run with so many stuffed into sewn in pockets in his jacket. I caught him in the end and 'restrained' him up against the side of a parcel force van until my fat supervisor caught up.

It used to be good sport.

Gwadien

If you resist/run they're more likely to get the police involved, if you don't, and it wasn't a major haul, they won't.

Kryten

Old Cow.
This video and half the silly tits posting comments on it is just a very typical "Us vs The World" mentality - people thinking they're standing up for "The Greater Good" when they're just making cocks of themselves. Treat it like the bile it is. No-one normal gives two fucks how someone is arrested, or when (as long as it's soon) when some twat is breaking the law; that surely makes them quite dodgy themselves if they think it violates any sort of human rights.
When these people get a clue they'd be dangerous in a court of law.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Seems like a shit stirring gob shite to me, if he was truely bothered about the bloke being "Tortured" he would have called the police himself, not sat there like an attention seeking twat shouting like a child at people.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
All in the edit since we didn't see how this all started (if the security guards grabbed him at the door and he managed to get across the street, its a bit different from picking him up later, from a legal POV anyway). But as BloodOmen says, if he was so concerned, why didn't he call the cops himself?

Having said all that, I'm sure Debenhams PR dept. were absolutely thrilled to see this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom