Charity Fundraising

Will

/bin/su
I'm thinking of doing a sponsored cycle for charity (mostly for the cycling, the money for charity is an excuse for doing it tbh). Not your usual 25 mile nonsense, I was going to go for something a bit more manly. And cycle to Morocco.

So, before I jump in at the deep end and announce to the world et al that I'm going to do this, I need to pick brains. How would I go about getting sponsorship for something like this? Am I allowed to buy equipment for the trip, and pay for food and expenses, out of the sponsorship money?

And suggestions for charities wouldn't go amiss. MS research is one which I've already decided on.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If i remember correctly:

Sponsors give cash for you.

People and rich bastards give cash for charity.

Whatever is left over from your booze/food/booze/"company" on the trip would go to charity as well.

Interviews, commercial, TV thingies...well..they pay you and you OFCOURSE give that to charity....right?...RIGHT?! :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ooh nice one!!

get plenty of support, and include a local bike shop! be firm and serious, plan with care and present your plans to potential sponsors with total dedication. getting people to give you money is pretty hard, and doubly so if they see you aren't deadly serious!

I'm not coming with you btw ;)

Will

/bin/su
Ok, so I pester companies for gear, and individuals for cash. I'm assuming what I do now is plan a route, the sort of gear I need, then get in touch with the MS charity of my choice, and get them to help me.

TdC

disco :) see? you don't really need us at all!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Will said:
Ok, so I pester companies for gear, and individuals for cash. I'm assuming what I do now is plan a route, the sort of gear I need, then get in touch with the MS charity of my choice, and get them to help me.

Most companies won't give you any gear unless you can demonstrate you will be able to advertise their brand. So if there is a photographer, make sure all the logos are visible etc, that kind of thing.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
You might laugh at this but.... if your going on a long cycling trip, getting all sweaty etc then personal hygiene is paramount for a comfortable journey. It may well be worth your while approaching companies like Superdrug, Boots etc.

Logo

Will uses bum fodder foot powder because it stops his cheese levels spiraling out of control...

Q said photographer

Photo

you with your can of bum fodder in your mit :D

Will

/bin/su
Heh, I dread to think what I'd look like if I wasn't careful. Ringworm is the curse of the unwashed lycra. Or just the sweaty lycra.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Will said:
Ringworm is the curse of the unwashed lycra. Or just the sweaty lycra.

Started off as an interesting and worthwhile thread. Now it's just :puke:

:mad:

TdC

bum-powder is your friend when unwashed :)

Will

/bin/su
Ringworm is a fungal infection which grows 0utwards in a ring. It isn't actually a worm. It's closer to Athletes Foot.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Sweaty lycra?

Hooooooooooooo boy I'm excited now. Show me the way to the showers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom