Charge vs Grapple

Maddude

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey ppl, today i was grouping with some friends n we were roaming, we encounterd a sorc group twise. this group has some sorta melee class that had grapple, i used charge in both fights and he grappled me.

The effect came out as i could move but not attack.

This working as intended? :(

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Grants unbreakable speed 3 for 15 second duration. Grants immunity to roots, stun, snare and mesmerize spells. Target will still take damage from snare/root spells that do damage

hmm not sure
But Unbreakable looks breakable to me

It probabley isn't what is intended but since grapple is a positive effect (Hardcoded) it wouldn't be stopped

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Grants unbreakable speed 3 for 15 second duration. Grants immunity to roots, stun, snare and mesmerize spells. Target will still take damage from snare/root spells that do damage

Hmm from that description it sounds like it's functioning 100% as intended..

Grants unbreakable speed 3.. yep, you said you can still move while grappled = unbroken speed...

Grants immunity to roots,stun,snare,mes yep it does, grapple is none of those things, if it was it'd be a negative effect (all those things are negative effects), it's its own class of CC since it's not a root (you can't melee attack during it etc).. thus it is not in that list, thus you are not granted immunity to it.. so you can't attack while grappled even tho you can still move..

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
You could say the same about a normal root
I'm pretty sure if you delv grapple it will stat a Root duration

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
You could say the same about a normal root
I'm pretty sure if you delv grapple it will stat a Root duration

but it *is* giving immunity to the root portion of grapple, just not to the can't attack part (which *definitely* doesn't fall into a mezz/stun/root category))

Maddude

One of Freddy's beloved
willowywicca said:
but it *is* giving immunity to the root portion of grapple, just not to the can't attack part (which *definitely* doesn't fall into a mezz/stun/root category))

That sux bigtime :(

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
obviously the whole idea about grapple tho is that the battlemaster locks the person down prevents him from attacking, and he cant do that if he's not at melee range.

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Last patch u couldnt grapple if target used charge...now if that is true...bb daoc... :wanker:

Rudor Dwarf

Loyal Freddie
I dont know but i think it work as it allways have done..

If you see a group inc press charge and the first thing that happen after that is that a grapple bot comes up to you and grapple you, then you can run around but you cant attack.

Grapple is as silly as Fz if you ask em. It should have been on a minimum 15min timer :>.

Majsan

Fledgling Freddie
its good to grapple zerkers they are to evul otherwise so this was nice! :p

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
willowywicca said:
Hmm from that description it sounds like it's functioning 100% as intended..

Grants unbreakable speed 3.. yep, you said you can still move while grappled = unbroken speed...

Grants immunity to roots,stun,snare,mes yep it does, grapple is none of those things, if it was it'd be a negative effect (all those things are negative effects), it's its own class of CC since it's not a root (you can't melee attack during it etc).. thus it is not in that list, thus you are not granted immunity to it.. so you can't attack while grappled even tho you can still move..

I would assume thats a correct interpretation

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Rudor Dwarf said:
I dont know but i think it work as it allways have done..

If you see a group inc press charge and the first thing that happen after that is that a grapple bot comes up to you and grapple you, then you can run around but you cant attack.

Grapple is as silly as Fz if you ask em. It should have been on a minimum 15min timer :>.

And armsmen deserve a 219delv Insta Lifetap but its never gunna happen :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
grapple have been fixed to work in this way yes. Used to be able to charge through grapple but now you cant attack.

Also, they fixed that you can use tendrils to purge root in US, dunno which patch it was. CC pwns tanks now, hard. Grapple, SOSing casters, BG, SWarps and whatnot.. dunno how this will end tbh.

Rudor Dwarf

Loyal Freddie
Shike im 99.9% sure that it was the same in 1.70.
That you cant attack while you are garppled even if you are in chargemode.

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
Osri said:
Last patch u couldnt grapple if target used charge...now if that is true...bb daoc... :wanker:

afaik that aint true, iv grappled many mercs or bms when they charge just so they cant attack for 10 secs :d

grapple sucks tho, give useful line with BG in and id take it :d

raid

Can't get enough of FH
was the same last patch, could move but not attack

Maddude

One of Freddy's beloved
Foadon said:
afaik that aint true, iv grappled many mercs or bms when they charge just so they cant attack for 10 secs :d

grapple sucks tho, give useful line with BG in and id take it :d

Works good enough if u charge a casters group ><

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom