Characters Banned and 'Stolen' By GOA

I

indio

I recently tried to reroll my BG character 'Star' for the fourth time and was surprised to see the 'character already exists' message. Apparently GOA have added the name to their filter 'for future animations' ??. A few weeks ago they also banned my character 'Sex Bomb' which I thought was pretty lame.

Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen?

C

coolan

ive never had it done but my warrior ullfgar, has been duplicated by them. there is now a troll in the housing zone called ullfgar, bets that they change my name at somepoint.

T

Theiir

I can understand why they banned your char called Sex Bomb since it might be offensive to some people ( xDDDD ). Try making some new and less offensive names next time I'd say.

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by Theiir
I can understand why they banned your char called Sex Bomb since it might be offensive to some people ( xDDDD ). Try making some new and less offensive names next time I'd say.

They usually just change the name if someone complain about it.

S

sugah

It could be that but if you make a new char and then delete him without logging him in it will stop you from using that name again. If this isn't case then have you sent goa a rightnow asking about it?

B

bolo

Hmmm...

I'm a DF merchant. I wonder if anyone noticed.....

M

mastade

Originally posted by indio
I recently tried to reroll my BG character 'Star' for the fourth time and was surprised to see the 'character already exists' message. Apparently GOA have added the name to their filter 'for future animations' ??. A few weeks ago they also banned my character 'Sex Bomb' which I thought was pretty lame.

Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen?

Well, brand names are illegal to have as a name to.. and Star is actually a name of a fine fine danish beer -_-

M

Mikal

star is not exactly a very original name, it could just be that someone else have a char called that

and there's been a questmob in uppland called ulfgar since release, so I doubt they'll change your name because of that. Besides there's lots of npc's with the same name as players

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom