Character transfer!

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Well .. as someone have said one or two times before, Dyvet is dying and imo dead already. I still enjoy playing Daoc, but to have good population today you NEED to move eighter US or German server. It kinda sucks to start on a new server from scratch. Especially because i loose my heretic, which i've gotten to RR8+ mostly from solo RvR. I'd really don't like to make another one from level 1 to keep playing this class.

Isn't it time to let players copy/move characters by now? We've been denied this for so long, saying it's not possible. I'd really like to move ALL chars on my acc, not just my main.

It sucks to but playing the game in german but the game itself is still fun, so rather play it in a f**ked up language, then not playing at all ... !

Anyone else agree with me? I've send feedback on this to GoA server times. They don't like me by now ... :p

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
Well one day when we get all the toons, u can get a new heretic rly quick :) but no soloing though!

Focus on scout!

PS. But I'd sure as hell like to get char transfer to :(

Malogrin

Loyal Freddie
Not rly , in dyvet its hard to reach RR8 coz of low population ...
In classic servers with a dmg dealing toon RR6 takes 1 month or less :p
No solo kills of course :p

aika

Part of the furniture
Not rly , in dyvet its hard to reach RR8 coz of low population ...
In classic servers with a dmg dealing toon RR6 takes 1 month or less :p
No solo kills of course :p

rly? my champ is 6L8 in 5 days /played. With all those rp bonuses and irvr, rrs are very fast, you can prolly get rr8 in 3 weeks.

Malogrin

Loyal Freddie
rly? my champ is 6L8 in 5 days /played. With all those rp bonuses and irvr, rrs are very fast, you can prolly get rr8 in 3 weeks.

I was talking about ppls that have life and play 1-2 hours every day.

Whats your point ...

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i agree. i would love the option to transfer my dyvet chars to a more populated server.

I was talking about ppls that have life and play 1-2 hours every day.

Whats your point ...

you can have a life and still play more than 1-2 hours every day. that insult is old.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Or you roll US cause thats eventually where all the population will move.

1000+ on Gaereth alone.. and thats just one of the 3 classic servers.

Mundokar

One of Freddy's beloved
char transfer would be nice, but i think goa long term solution they spoke about is just let the english cluster bleed to death.

It's realy taking the piss at your customers the way they handled the dyvet debacle.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I play 3-4 hours a day.. and thats not everyday. Your point?

The other guy said he got 6L8 in 5 days /played. If you can do that in 3 weeks that means you need to play 6 hours a day on average. To get to rr8 is even more work so I think that certainly deserves a no-life comment :p

aika

Part of the furniture
The other guy said he got 6L8 in 5 days /played. If you can do that in 3 weeks that means you need to play 6 hours a day on average. To get to rr8 is even more work so I think that certainly deserves a no-life comment :p

that other guy was me, and no i just played in pugs 2-4 hours an evening in iRvR, got it in less than 2 weeks, getting around 250k each day. and not playing everyday as well. Thats just how silly this rp bonus is.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
IF someone could write to both GOA and EA-Mythic and ask if the charcopy could be done in a more "manual" way(from Dyvet towards the US EA-Mythic servers. This will take some time ofc, but it's VERY POSSIBLE.

WOULD take time and manpower ofc, but hey.. Let them set a price for their efforts. About: 50-100€ per account. Sure kinda expensive, but should cover the cost for both GOA and Mythic.
People that got a dyvet/eu dac account that ain't paying, and don't plan to start to subscribe due to the population-situation, would do this.

MEANING?
Well, meaning that GOA actually could benefit from this, as well as Mythic... Both in a way to get cash they else wouldn't get, as well as humoring their playerbase.
EVEN able to transfer/copy say... 3 CHARACTERS per account would be worth much. We have earned our levels, ml's, championlevels and realmranks. Those of us that would pay to continue to have fun SHOULD have that option.

This "MANUAL" transfer/copy should take 2-4 weeks... IF GOA/Mythic put enough people behind it, it's not a question about if it's possible or not, because it is. It's time consuming task though, time = cash. WE could provide that cash(and honestly, even if it would take 1½ month I'd really REALLY prefer that over a dead server anyway).
Think GEAR was thinking something in this direction, about someone who'd have exceptional english writing skill (counts me out ;) ), and that could deleiver this request in the best possible wording.

Getting quite tired of all the whining without any reasonable solutions to offer.
Especially since me myself posted a question about this in about 1½ year back, whom most players really didn't take seriously (might be something to do with some limitations as in looking forward and have somewhat of an mind for imagination):
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/general-discussion18/190661-question-idea-goa.html

It's said everything got a price, well what price would the playerbase, GOA and EA-Mythic deem good enough?
Who among us got these ubah writing skillzors(and at the same time have a intrest in daoc and "our" problem)?

Hm, think I'll post this in Daoc-general forum as well...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Nice post.

I'd happily pay to get my chars transfered. Just give us a price GOA? Even if it meant loosing items on house vaults I'd still want to do it. Just give some notice and at least you could take some special items with you. Or just convert to Plats. Either way I would do it in a heartbeat!

krall

Fledgling Freddie
I wount happen. For your own sake stop debating it. Play on dyvet as it is, reroll or stop playing.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I wount happen. For your own sake stop debating it. Play on dyvet as it is, reroll or stop playing.

Tried last night on caby (two accounts still active) complete waste of time. Too few enemies about.

Gonna reroll on US unless guild do somthing on DE servers.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
I'd love to see a character transfer to US. However I propably wouldn't play my ToA chars. US Classic is much more fun and you only need 1 account.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno if this has been mentioned but I don't think GOA would give people CHARCOPY to DE server (Temair) 'cos if they do that then they loose £££ from people cos they don't spend X amount of time leveling/toa/dr/cata/lab. I spose though if a server is almost dead and it's been looking that way for a long time then possibly they might overlook things a bit, but again I looked at Dyvet 8pm last night on webby and showed just over 250 people.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Well .. as someone have said one or two times before, Dyvet is dying and imo dead already. I still enjoy playing Daoc, but to have good population today you NEED to move eighter US or German server. It kinda sucks to start on a new server from scratch. Especially because i loose my heretic, which i've gotten to RR8+ mostly from solo RvR. I'd really don't like to make another one from level 1 to keep playing this class.

Isn't it time to let players copy/move characters by now? We've been denied this for so long, saying it's not possible. I'd really like to move ALL chars on my acc, not just my main.

It sucks to but playing the game in german but the game itself is still fun, so rather play it in a f**ked up language, then not playing at all ... !

Anyone else agree with me? I've send feedback on this to GoA server times. They don't like me by now ... :p

Y...really suck to loose ones chars...
But hey... Molested and Jarroman have almost convinced me to go play US... and i as i was looking though my files.. i saw your Tic movie.. and it reminded me that there is a class that could maybe be as fun as thane. So i might end rolling a tic..
Hence the question... what spec Rejun (aint that the dmg one too?) do u think its an absolute minimum to get decent castable dmg ? I was thinking to get also Slam, and decent Styles (maybe flex if poss.. or crush), while keeping a very decent castable dmg base and the specialty self buffage.

aika

Part of the furniture
with 1.90 go 50 enh 48 rej, the ranged dmg is awesome now :)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
That leaves lol shield and weap... dont think i like it.
maybe drop the 50enc a bit.

aika

Part of the furniture
no way you can go 42 shield on a tic without gimping yourself, roll a reaver then if you wanna slam and levi :) 50 enh is a must, cause lvl 50 AF buff rox!

this spec leaves you with 34 crush which is decent and i think 13 shield :>

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
dont think i will need Levi..
But Slam can be v good... combined with heals and some Rejuv... Especially vs many enemies.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
It's pretty sad that all servers aint English, because then there wouldent be much of a problem that some servers whent low in pop.

I can't understand that the Germans and French has to have servers in their own language, are they really that poor in English. (Im Swedish between).

A char transfer wouldent matter to me, because I couldent stand being on a server where everything was written in German or French, id go nuts tbh.

I guess I will have to wait for Warhammer, I doubht it will be as good as Daoc, but from checking trailers etc, atleast it sounds promising.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
It's pretty sad that all servers aint English, because then there wouldent be much of a problem that some servers whent low in pop.

I can't understand that the Germans and French has to have servers in their own language, are they really that poor in English. (Im Swedish between).

A char transfer wouldent matter to me, because I couldent stand being on a server where everything was written in German or French, id go nuts tbh.

I guess I will have to wait for Warhammer, I doubht it will be as good as Daoc, but from checking trailers etc, atleast it sounds promising.

roll US el:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom