Character transfer question

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings,

I have a question with regards to character transfers. I'm wondering if GoA can move one or more characters from one account to another account (one that is completely new). I tried a query on Rightnow where it said it was not technically possible.. this struck me as very odd since it is possible in the USA (one has to pay for the actual transfers). Is this a case of Rightnow being outdated or has the option not become available to European players yet?

Gareivil_GK

Fledgling Freddie
Ï was told, that Goa didn't feel like implementing the option.. so they left it out

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
We never implimented it because we do not have an all in one billing system that Mythic does. They run their own billing we do not. Because of this splitting accounts would have required a lit of fiddly and potentially really messing to-ing and fro-ing between two companies.

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Ah thats a shame as it would have been really useful. Thanks for the replies.

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Said when this first came to US that we would NEVER see it, simply due to one part of the prosess = phone mythic to confirm... GoA would NEVER give us a DIRECT meens of contacting them like this :p

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
good thing imo, otherwise lots of guild jsut buy theyre toons to busier servers.

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
good thing imo, otherwise lots of guild jsut buy theyre toons to busier servers.

Right.. as a native English speaker (ficticious case) I'd really want to move to a busier French or German speaking server :eek2:

Actually for me it was about moving 3 characters from 1 account I own to another account I own on the same server :) But alas it is not to be.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Votan said:
Right.. as a native English speaker (ficticious case) I'd really want to move to a busier French or German speaking server :eek2:

Actually for me it was about moving 3 characters from 1 account I own to another account I own on the same server :) But alas it is not to be.
The US doesnt do that, they can move existing toons from an existing account onto a new account, say if you have a friend/wife/hamster that plays on your account, but they want their own, they can take their toon off your account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom