Character prob

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
wondered if anyone else is having this problem (btw char is on pryd)

I log in and click play on my char but it just won't load (like when a zone isn't up and u click play) but its in upplands right where my other chars were and they loaded fine :s

Is this cos of the server problems and is anyone else experiencing this with 1/more chars of thier's or am i alone on that one.

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
have you rightnow-d it? thats where I'd start.

no I've never had this to answer your question but at work atm, so no chance of seeing how my chars are just yet...

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
gunna right now it soon as i get the thing working but just wondered if it is an isolated thing or others are having the same prob

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
think i had this problem once,
When you load the initial patcher set it to recheck all files, load it again.

This sorted my problem.

It may be a slightly corrupt file that just needs renewing.

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
will try it but one question... how exactly do u do that :p

(in mean time i'll try the acc on another pc i would imagine if its a prob here that the patcher to fix the char should work fine on another pc)

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
it's the first screen, that you and most of us blindly just click through. before it does the check for updates.

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
dunno if my version is diff or smth but whenever i click camelot.exe (or whatever .exe) it does auto check for updates then gives me the options of "play" or "cancel"

and char still wouldn't load on other pc aswell so think smth's gone bit wrong with this here :/

(time to try and get rightnow working)

Mr.Brand

Fledgling Freddie
Click Start->Run
Type in the path of your DAoC installation+executable with the fullcheck
parameter, for example:
g:\Catacombs\camelot.exe /fullcheck

Enjoy watching 20000+ files being checked. This takes about a minute here,
but your wait may be longer or shorter.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
another thing to try is to delete the .ini file for that char (e.g. if your char is called fooman, delete fooman-147.ini - not sure on the number)

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
learn smth new everyday thx m8 :)

done full check and unfortunatly still same result
thx for help tho all

oh and if anyone else has same type of error leave a message here just so i can see (and rest of us) if this is isolated or a few ppl are going through this.

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
sorry and just another quick reply, there's no .ini or any type of file for the char... first time used on this pc and tried that earlier on other pc with same result :(

edp33

Fledgling Freddie
had the same problem just now, it froze on the loading screen for over 5mins. I did ctrl-alt-del, killed the daoc process and reloaded after a few mins and it went in ok.

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
guess i'll give it a few hours then (whilst i wait for my rightnow pass :p) and see if it works later

its weird tho cos like i said its like the zone the char is in isn't up and it just makes the mouse disappear for a few seconds like its about to load but then reappear and the char avatar does another little bow/wave thing

well like i said maybe a few hours of "alone time" will fix it :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
does it take you to the loading screen for the zone and then hang?

tried pressing escape to get back to char screen or no joy?

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
nah doesn't get to the loading screen.

you know just after u click play once u pick a char yr mouse disappears for a tiny bit, well it does that... then 5-10 secs later the mouse reappears and the char bows or whatever (like u just clicked them) and the same thing happens when i click play again with that char

Himse

FH is my second home
i had this problem, do you have NF on your comp?

it happens, just try reinstall of NF, the game etc.. will probably fix it

Gamah

Banned
I am only missing 5plat, I think I am one of the lucky ones, I reckon my Bainshee will be screwed though.

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
nah NF not the prob cos i loaded 1 char inside bled, 1 char NF side on svas and another i ran to the nf side of svas again no probs

gunna try my acc now see if the char problem is still ongoing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom