Character Name Changes help pls

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Ok last Tuesday I was playing as I normaly do and then later on that night I get a tone of emails with a written warning about my character names which are against the blah blah...

My character names are as follows:

Dampknickers, Dirtyknickers, Hotknickers, Soggyknickers, Fishyknickers...

Now for me I dont find any of them offensive as alot of people ingame find my name quite funny.

Anyway Mythic decided to bombard me with emails and changed my character names to the following:

Dapinquire
Dirinquire
Hopinquire
Sokkinquire
Blah blah blah

They given me the email I should send with a new character name per character which I have done. 48 hours later they say I needed to give 5 names per character and they will do it asap...

Thing is what also pisses me off is that it takes no time at all to change my character names...But takes over a week to change character names to the names I want...and even then still nothing...

Its now Saturday and still nothing has been done and I'm still quite pissed off. Reason for being pissed off? well theres plenty of names ingame that are alot worse than my character names (well I think so anyway).

I have sent numerous emails to try find out whats going on and again nothing... I have even tried /appeal ingame and still no luck (all they do in game is send me a pop up with an email address which I already have.

Now for me my character names are kinda personal (if you know what I mean) kinda gives you memories within the game. But now... I'm not willing to play the game with the gay cock sucking names they have given me until they change my character names... But they dont seem to be much help...

Any of you guys got any suggestions or something I can try?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
askin for it really with the American sense of outrage and stuff you wont get away with things like that that you would in the euro zone

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I'm afraid the name transfer and the name change thing has been used as a bit of a filter for some of the more questionable names.

I personally think the big thing they have done by not letting inactive accounts keep their player names is to effectively kill the game for a large majority of potential returning players.

Imagine if you had played a char since release, played for 7 years, taken a break, come back and find someone else now has your name....not attractive and i feel your agitation.

Deld

Loyal Freddie
Who picks those names in the first place for a fantasy medieval game? I know its not a roleplaying server and people play the game how they want blah blah blah but seriously those names just suck.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
There some sad peeps around those names not offensive tbh.

Wondering if my Warlok get renamed lol (Rampantrabbit)

Soulja

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
I had a Wafty Crank in a guild named <Buncha Wankaz> for ages and never had a problem :) also i have Betti Swollocks had that one for years too :/ plus some other silly names. All of em camelot lore related o' corse ;)

;)

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Google Translate is your friend

Put in rude words and translate them into another language :)

They are Americans, they will never guess :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I enjoyed playing my hunter, Spanktheyanks! :D

I never got told off. I think... :(

Edit: So I may ahve had my character names change if I play on Ywain, due to "conflicts"

Killder

Can't get enough of FH
My first ever EU char called 'Japs Eye' got objected to and changed so its not just a US thing.

I have, however, grabbed the name 'Japs' on Ywain to risk it again on US.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I had a Wafty Crank in a guild named <Buncha Wankaz> for ages and never had a problem :) also i have Betti Swollocks had that one for years too :/ plus some other silly names. All of em camelot lore related o' corse ;)

;)

Bollocks and Wank are not American words, most yanks don't know what they mean ;)

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
This is true, my sb is called Fnask (Swe for whore) and my skald is called Kukhuvud (Swe for dickhead)

And WHY do you even want to have that name on a char ? Maby some Swede gets offended and report you :p

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Well actually its only a matter of time for me with character names, hehe...

these are my old characters on dyvet :p

Wankalot (Runemaster)
Spurmdonahman Spurmboltsftw (Runemaster)
Blojoblips (made the character have huge lips on creation) Minstrel
Likmi Clit
Dampknickers (Infil)

I got loads more... and im sure you guys got random rude names too, hehe

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
And WHY do you even want to have that name on a char ? Maby some Swede gets offended and report you :p

That's why you pick Swahili :D How many people who play Camelot speak that language :)

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
seen some crazy names on daoc over the years... not that poeple in the guild are childish (most are over 30) but we went through a phase of people having thier names changed because some knut found them offensive.. one i remember with a smile was backdoorbandit the hunter :p

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Got my armswoman renamed from Sloerie mcSLet to Slemri mcSlan 7 years ago. I am still mad about that at GOA

I mean .... msSLan like thats not lame

And back then /lastname didn't excist....

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Your account for Mythic Entertainment's game "Dark Age of Camelot" has been temporarily suspended for 1 day(s) due to violations of our Code of Conduct. You will be able to log into this account after the suspension period expires. The details of the violations are as follows:

CSR ticket number 6912744
Policy: Character and Guild Naming Policy [clauses: 1] (Naming Violation)
Server: Gareth
Character: Donkeybong
Account: ******
Date: 4:25 PM 5/6/2007

This account has been issued 24 hour suspension.

Donkeybong has been renamed to Dalbore on Gareth.

I mean dalbore?! wtf

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
silly names good thing they got changed imo :D
Alltho I do understand the frustration.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
works both ways, if you have a name like that and fancy a change you can report yourself :)

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I mean dalbore?! wtf

Well your lucky :) my names got changed to:

Dampknickers = Dapinquire
Hotknickers = Hopinquire
Soggyknickers = Sokkinquire
Dirtyknickers = Dirinquire

lucky I finally got my names changed...eventually... it took an overall 7 days to get my character names changed and even then I had to give 5 alternate names per character. Even then I wasn't guaranteed the names I wanted as they picked names from the 5 I have given.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Run around as a level 1 character called "IpreferWoW" and see what happens :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom