Char info on website

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
I was wondering if blizzard is offering some source where we can get, for example, character information. Like the XML files with DAoC or Planetside.

Maybe someone here happens to have heard something about it ?

Frols

Fledgling Freddie
on throtbott there was a list of all the chars playing american beta and stats and gear etc. not sure if there is something like that for normal one.

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
I know that site, now if i can find out how they get their data..

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, you mean the people that used Cosmos can submit their char data to thottbot ? I should have tried Cosmos..

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
For some odd reason I don't trust that Cosmos, been reports that the creator harrassed a player through it by changing some title associated with them through Cosmos because they were booted out of a group for being a crap healer.

Read up on it on the beta forums which have shut down now unfortunately, though I'm sure there was more to it than what I just mentioned, still, if something like that can (and apparently has) be used to harrass players at the Cosmos devs whim, however rare or unlikely it might be, it's something I'd take with a pinch of salt before I trust it :/

Ailil

Fledgling Freddie
Thottbot used to have a data submission thing quite separate from Cosmos, but then the two creators bundled it all together. No-one yet has much of an idea what Blizz will allow in terms of grabbing data or UI customisation (until tomorrow I guess), but Cosmos did have some nifty features.

Mind you, all the nifty features could be replicated by anyone willing to learn about customising the UI!

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, thanks for the info people. Maybe Blizzard will make available what im looking for after they go retail then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom